Chapter two

Chapter two

A Chapter by Beck Louise

I could only stare at the exterior of the hotel. Why am I even here? I thought to myself, tempted to turn around again. I'd come to far now. No, I didn't spend 60 quid and come 7 hours on a bus all the way to Oxford to go back home again. I start to walk forward, my feet barely lifting off the ground. I stop again, feeling my stomach lurch. I tut at my own stupidity at being so nervous and hesitant. Didn't see myself being so hesitant two months ago when I was jumping into bed with him. I rub my wedges back and forth on the gravel, trying to bring my courage back to go inside. Was I too dressed up? I pulled the knot in my tied white shirt tighter so it rested better on my navel where my high waisted skinny jeans met it. I took and deep breath and dived. The inside was even nicer than the exterior. I looked around, scanning for him. The reception area was quite small, and he was nowhere to be seen so I headed over to the reception desk.

"Welcome to the Heythrop Park Hotel, are you checking in?" The woman behind the desk has that sickening smile that I always think must be fake. I smile back, feeling inadequate compared with her terrifyingly massive grin. 

"Yes, I am, thanks" I say and she begins to fiddle with her computer

"What name is it?" She asks, her fingers poised over the keys

"Actually, I'm booked in with someone else, and he's already here, the name is _______"

"Ah yes, here it is" She types some more on her computer and then grabs another key card from under the counter.

"Here is your key card, You're in room nine, enjoy your stay" She gives me another sickly smile and I mutter a thanks before walking away. 



I head to the room, hoping he's not there. To my overjoy, he isn't. I sit my bag down on the bed before sitting down next to it. The room's nice, decorated tastefully and the most clean I've ever seen any room. Oh god, another note. I unfold it carefully, stomach fluttering at the sight of that familiar neat writing. 



I thought you might want to change after your journey. Meet me in the bar when you're ready. 


Alex


I throw it down onto the bed, thankful that I have some time to calm myself. Grabbing my make up bag, I move to the bathroom to reapply my make up for the forth time today. I can't help but stare myself out a little. I can't wait too long though, I wouldn't like to keep him waiting too long. 


The walk downstairs is one of the most nerve racking i've ever had. My heart is thumping too much to bear as I enter the bar area. I can see him standing there, leaning casually against the bar. Comforted that he can't see me I fix my outfit, making sure I look as perfect as possible, after all, he is the vision of perfection himself. I look out at him, his sandy blonde hair is falling beautifully onto his face, and he sweeps it off. I suppress a small girlish moan at this. He can't help but look so sexy all the time. His blue shirt brings out the hazel in his eyes. I step forward, and he stands to attention, flattening his shirt. I feel stupid suddenly. Just smiling at him like an idiot, but I can't stop. 


"Hello" He smiles broadly, taking my hand, kissing me on each cheek. I quiver at his accent. 

"Hi" I mumble, getting unusually shy. 

"How was your journey?" He motions me to a small table, and we sit across from each other.

"Long" I laugh "But in general it was okay" 

"Good, the room okay for you? You don't mind there only being one bed do you?" He looked nervous for the first time in a while, like he was scared I was going to refuse to share a bed with him, throw him onto the floor in disgust and never speak to him again.

"Yea, it's very nice! No of course not, I think we're past that stage now, zands don't you?" I smile and he smirks, looking down, his hair falling cutely onto his face again

"I was afraid you might not come actually" He admitted

"I don't think there was ever any doubt I would, how could I not?" My hand was placed around the wine glass that he had already got for me when I had came, and his hand stretched over to mine. He rubbed his finger softly along mine, gazing into my eyes. I was glad I'd came now. I didn't care anymore what was going to happen in the future, all I cared about was right now, and being with him. 


The bedroom door slammed against the wall. I hardly noticed and continued into the room. We were falling against each other, interlocked in a passionate kiss. I could feel his soft hair as my fingers ran through it, pulling at it, intensely. He pushed me against the wall, kissing my with so much force that my knees nearly buckled. My hands slipped down to his shirt, unbuttoning it as quickly as I could. I felt my clothes fall off me until I was standing with my bare body against his. I ran my fingers down his chest, briefly feeling the fast pace of his racing heart. We fell onto the bed, him on top of me. He stopped kissing me then, and looked down at me, his eyes locked on mine. 

"I love you, you know" I had to fight to catch my breath then. He had knocked me for six with that one.

"I love you too" I didn't really know where the words had came from, but I knew I meant them. 


It was a night I will never forget. When it was over, we said goodbye with heavy hearts and some sadness. I wasn't confused anymore, and I wasn't afraid anymore. I didn't know what the future held for us, but I didn't mind that anymore. He loved me. I couldn't quite believe it, I had wished it for so many years when I was younger. Whatever was to come, I knew was good, and we would face it together. I was finally excited about the future. 



© 2012 Beck Louise


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

and it just got even better time for more ithink well done

Posted 11 Years Ago


Beck Louise

11 Years Ago

Thank you!! :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

400 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on July 29, 2012
Last Updated on July 29, 2012


Author

Beck Louise
Beck Louise

United Kingdom



About
I'm Beck. I'm a writer focusing on women's fictions, drama, and historical romance. I am active on this platform again as of March 2023, so please send any read requests and I will make sure I ge.. more..

Writing