I Still Miss You

I Still Miss You

A Poem by Solitary Dreamer

I've tried sober,

I've tried drinking,

I've been strong and I've been weak

And I still miss you.

I've talked to God,

Talked to myself,

Talked to friends and prayed like hell

And I still miss you.

I've done everything to move on like I'm supposed to.

I'd do anything for one more minute with you.

I still miss you.

 

© 2010 Solitary Dreamer


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is brilliant. Really, goodness, good chops kiddo. The way you convey this message, we've all totally been there. You don't feel the need to be over expressive or anything. The simplicity is what makes it hit so hard.

Posted 13 Years Ago


NEVER, I MEAN, NEVER BE WEAK! I am not sure about the situation you're in but it seems obvious someone close to you has died. I don't know how you feel about it but everyone approaches situations differently than others. But stay strong, if you don't stay strong then you will lose your head. Nobody wants you to lose your head. However on this side you have an amazing way of expressing how you feel. So much emotion , also very powerful. I love it! HAVE FAITH! :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


so much emotion in it :) i love it!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Good. The line ' id do anything for one more minute with you' was awesome. A Good piece!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Ah!! this feeling..it just kills you when it gets onto you..doesn't it?...i felt as if i was the one who was speaking here..this is exactly what i am going through..
I talk to my friends about it,i read books,i keep myself busy yet the void remains..why?...gaping at us...always...
very honest write...you will be fine,even if you can't believe it now..one day you will be..

Posted 13 Years Ago


Simple, honest and heartbreaking, been there...........

Posted 13 Years Ago


I like it but its not my favorite honestly. I don't have anything bad to say about it.
Its simple and it expresses.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

175 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 23, 2010
Last Updated on June 27, 2010

Author

Solitary Dreamer
Solitary Dreamer

AL



About
LoveMyProfile.com more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Why? Why?

A Poem by Thea