Chapter One: Diagon Ally

Chapter One: Diagon Ally

A Chapter by Red
"

Diagon Ally.

"
I stood in Diagon Ally wondering where to go next. I look down at my supply list and read:
1. Wand (Found in Olivanders)

I walk down Diagon Ally until I see Olivanders. I walk in to see a boy with brownish black hair standing there proud with a wand in his hands. I see his two (what I'm assuming) parents. A lady with red hair and freckles and a man with jet black hair and glasses. I could see the faint trace of a scar and my mind said Harry Potter. The one who lived. I forget about them as a man with white hair walks up to me and says, "First year! Brilliant! Come, come." He motioned me to a chair and sits me down. Wow people in Britain most be very eager. I couldn't help but curl my lip as the man, that I am assuming is Olivander, is riffling through cabinets and pulls out a wand. It was simple brown wood with weird carvings on it. He hands it to me and motions for me to try it out. I am still a little iffy on the magic concept but I move the wand in my hand and a lamp comes flying at me head. I duck just in time, so instead of it hitting me it hits the wall, smashing into a million pieces. "Maybe not that one," The old man says as he takes the wand I'm holding out of my hands and produces me with a red wand. Perfect. I was red wood with faint carvings I could make out as different creatures. I hold it in my hands and a red light illuminates out of the tip. "That's good, right?" I ask Olivander. He nods and says, "What's your name?" Should I tell him my real name of my nickname? Red. Its my real name, no matter what anybody says. "Red Ceif," I say to him and he gasps. "By any chance do you have a grandpa named Ken?" I nod my head. "Dead thought," I say with a shrug. Never knew him. "Wand on the house!" He says and adds, "I recommend you go to Gringotts ." He winks at me and skips away. Weird. I go down the street to see a big bank that says Gringotts right on the top. I walk in the grand room with grand pillars and see goblins. Hundreds of goblins. They were all working like bank tellers. I walk in unafraid by the goblins and go up to one and say, "Olivander said I might want to come here. Why?" The goblin looks up from his work. He has spectacles on with long sharp figures. When he opened his mouth to speak I could see the multiple rows of sharp teeth as he asks, "Name?" I curl my lip and say, "Red Ceif." He pauses and gives me a card and motioned to a door in the wall. I walk over it and there was a goblin there that asked for the card in my hand. When he sees it he pauses before giving it back and says, "Hop in." He motioned to a little rocket thing that looked like what you would ride in a roller coaster. I jump as I was subjected to up and downs, which I barely reacted to. My stomach would move, but I would enjoy it. I always do. When we stopped I got off with the goblin as he took my to a big gold door. He tapped it multiple times and it opened. He bowed to me and said, "Its all yours." I stepped in the room warily and saw tons of gold. Stacked to the ceiling. This is what I needed to pay with. I took a about twenty pouches I found filled with gold. A note caught my eye and it read: I wish you luck Carmon. I smile at my grandpas signature at the bottom. I guess I was expected. I walk out of the gold room and say to the goblin, "I'll be back."

I was exiting the book shop, filled with all the magic books I would need and noticed a book labeled Alchemy: The Art of Science and Magic. I grab it and quickly pay for it. I always loved alchemy. Even before I knew I was a witch. As I left flipping though the book a force runs into me. I fall the book falling out of my hand. "Watch it!" I spat at a boy with beach blonde hair and gray eyes. "Sorry," He mumbled. He didn't said very sorry. I pick myself up and grab my book. I turn and head to a shop with pets in the window. I walk in. Wizards and witches use owls as messengers. I see an owl that catches my eye. A barn owl. I go up to the counter and say, "That owl for this." I drop five coins that I learned was a lot of money and pointed to the barn owl. "I would take it for two," The man said, but right before he picked up the gold coins I snatched up three and said, "Your wish is my command. I turned and grabbed the owls cage and walked out the door. The owl had a look in its eyes that I liked. It was a lot like my own. I turn and head for the train station. Platform 9 3/4. What will I name my owl? I ask myself as I look down at the barn owl who looked back at me. "Zeus," I murmured under my breath. Zeus. Perfect.


© 2015 Red


Author's Note

Red
Enjoy!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

100 Views
Added on May 15, 2015
Last Updated on May 15, 2015
Tags: harry potter, fan fiction


Author

Red
Red

Babylon, MI



About
I love to read and write. When I'm older I want to be an author. I love to play sports but writing is always my first priority. Enjoy me and my work! (Mostly my work) more..

Writing
Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Red


Contaminated Contaminated

A Book by Red