Frustrated

Frustrated

A Chapter by RedRose99

I hear a knock at the door and I go out of the kitchen to answer it but, my father's already there opening it to reveal the most beautiful man I've ever seen. Okay, maybe this won't be too bad. Just then the teapot goes off and I scurry to go turn it off. I hear them talking and my father is warning him to be careful not to piss me off or I'll blow something up and it will probably be whoever's in the way. The prince says something I don't catch and then my father walks through the kitchen with worry on his face. "Okay, he's pretty much jumping up and down to meet you. I warned him not to piss you off and all that. He's requested I am not in the when you two meet and I have to oblige by that. I might be an Elder but, he's the prince. Sorry, honey, but I'll be just in the next room if you need anything just yell. Okay?" he asks. "I guess that's fine as long as he heeds the warning and I have my iPod. It should be fine you can stop worrying about this. Okay." he nods, still looking upset and leaves the kitchen to go into the library. I take my time making my tea and when it's done, I walk out of the kitchen to face the music.
Connor's sitting there practically shaking in the chair facing the couch. I walk over set my tea on a coaster on the coffee table and sit on the coach. I turn and he's gazing at me. He says the first words to break the uncomfortable silence. "Hello, I'm Connor" "Hi Connor I'm Lily you know the chick you've fantasizing about since before I was born." I say being a complete b***h about it. "I take it your dad briefed you on everything." He says. "Yes, he did is something wrong with that?" I ask. "No, it just makes this a whole lot harder than it has to be." He says. "What do mean by that." I ask. "Exactly what I said if you didn't know I've known about you for the last 400 years would you be more forgiving about the situation?" he asks. I consider that for a minute or two and reply. "No, I don't think I would. I don't like being lied to, forced into something, or having no say in the matter. So no I wouldn't be more forgiving. Okay?" I look down and my skin looks like it's on fire I put the headphones in and blast the music and it works almost instantly.
I can see Connor is trying to talk to me, but, I can't hear him, it's pretty funny watching him get flustered. I turn the music down and begin to laugh just as his face starts to turn red. "Music calms me unless you would like to be blown up because I can arrange that to be done in a matter of seconds." I say as his face returns to normal. "Your father could've mentioned that to me while he was warning me. I thought he was joking when he said you would blow me up if I piss you off. I've got to take warnings a little bit more seriously apparently." He says. "Well, just be glad I like this house or you would be ashes right now." I said with a smile on my face as he looks a little worried at my comment. "So as you know we are to be wed in 3 ½ months if I'm correct." He looks at me as I nod in agreement and continues "Well is there anything you would like to know about me or the Other World." I think about for a minute and shake my head "Nope, I'm good anything else?" I ask he looks at me in amount like he's afraid to piss me off so I say. "As long as I have music I won't blow you up just ask the question." "Okay, but you're not going to like it; I would put your hand on the volume if I were you." He waits until my fingers are on the volume "Have you had any boyfriends?" I turn the volume up and answer "No, have you?" laughing a little at the end and he joins me and answers "No I can assure I have not." I looked up and said "I should head up to bed. Goodnight it was nice meeting you I would say I would like to see you again, but I don't, not that I have any choice in the matter anyway. I'll see you I guess." He returns the goodbye in a nicer manner. "Goodnight to you Lily Mae and I'll see what I can do about the not wanting to see my part and yes you will see me again very soon seeing how your father lives in our castle I should hope so." "I don't like being called Lily Mae I would advise not to call me it again Connor." I tell him. "I think I will do my best not to do so, but, I can't make any promises." Then I yell for my father making sure only he heard me.
As he escorted the prince out the door I went up to my room got ready for bed. I climb into bed and drift off peacefully to sleep. I awake and find I'm not in my room that I'm somewhere completely different. I go to the door and open it and it looks like a castle. I start walking down the corridor and run into the prince. "You!" I exclaim "Why the f**k am I here!?" I ask loudly "You're here because you were almost kidnapped last night. Also, I've been wanting to do something." He says with passion in his eyes before I can protest, he puts my back against the wall. It's passionate and heartfelt it feels like he's completely giving himself over to me. Then I join in and he deepens the kiss it feels like we were made for each other and it scares the hell out of me. My hands move from his sides and goes to his chest to push him off. He instantly stops and backs away and says "Sorry I've wanted to do that for a very long time. Wow, look at your skin its purple and blue. Fascinating, I wonder why it's purple" he says as I blush, I know the reason all too well. "I think you can figure out the reason you made it happen." I tell him still blushing. "I guess I can but, why is it blue." He asks. "The same reason I pushed you away, I got scared because I've kissed guys before and no one has ever made me feel like that." "That's a good thing for me, but, I'm sorry it scared you." I look at him for a second and he looks happy. I turn to walk back to the room, but someone grabs my shoulder and turns me. My skin goes from passionate purple and shocked blue to fiery red in an instant. The hand pulls off almost immediately. "Do you have my iPod by any chance?" I ask through gritted teeth. "Actually, believe it or not I was coming to give it to you I figured it was a good idea you had it in your possession." He says while handing it to me. I don't hear anything else for a while except my music until my skin is back to normal."Thank you for remembering my iPod now if you'll excuse me, I would like to go back to bed and wake up back at home seeing how this is all a dream." I say, turning back around this time he tries a different approach and faster than human speed he's in front of the room door. "What are you?" I ask trying to keep the fear out of my voice and for the most part it worked. "I'm a vampire and you're my mate this is not a dream if you want I can show you my teeth." He says with a smile that knocks the daylight out of me.
I awake to find myself in bed and Connor on the chair beside. "What happened?" I ask sleepily "I told you I was a vampire and you passed out. I have to know were you afraid of me or was it something else?" he asks softly. Okay for a vampire, he's got a soft side. "The last thing I remember was you smiling I think it knocked the breath out of me, you've really got to be careful with that you might kill someone." I said smiling and laughing a little at the end. "It was my smile you have to be kidding me. Here I was I scared you to the point where you pass out and it was my smile. I've really got to get a grip on myself." He says while laughing. "I second the motion." I say while giggling he looks at me and smiles at least this time I don't pass out. "I'm not dreaming am I?" He looks at me with an apologetic smile and says "I'm afraid not, sweetheart." I smile at the term of endearment and realize my adopted parents are going to be so worried. "Are my adopted parents all right?" I ask suddenly scared for them. "Yes, they're all right, you can calm down that color blue coming from you scares me." He says and I instantly lose the blue and ask. "Where's my father?" "He got called out on a tip for one of the fugitives we've been looking for a while. Anyway, do you want to go downstairs for breakfast and then I can give you a tour of the castle?" he asks sounding hopeful and hoping I don't ask more questions.
Which is sad because I already know about my mother why he insists to do this is absurd. And I reply "Sure why not I don't have anything else to do today?" laughing at myself yesterday I had a million things to do today and now I have two. I try and get up from bed and Connor is already there helping me on my feet. It's a long way down the stairs we finally make it the bottom. He takes my hand and I turn yellow I guess of uncertainty. He drops it instantly he turns away, but not before I see his expression. It's so full of agony I can't take it. I grab is hand and he smiles a smile that makes fireworks look like a nightlight I get a little dizzy, but I recover quickly. I start smelling food, and it smells like: yummy blueberry muffins, salty bacon, and a faint hint of lavender, boysenberry and honey. OMG that's Layla's special tea she made it just for me. "Did you bring my tea?" I ask "No your friends did they're in the kitchen. How they found you is beyond me. My father has this castle cloaked not even the strongest trackers in the world can find this place. Do you have any idea how they found you?" he asks "Well Kimi is an Indian chief's daughter, and they have this tradition of Blood Sisters. We all partook in one four years ago, since then we've always been able to find each other. When we're in distress or am projecting a strong emotion." I explain, "But as I said before, not even the strongest magic could find this place. I don't get it. Can explain it to me a little more?" he asks with a dumbfounded expression "Okay, but you can't tell anybody. Understood?" I ask and he nods with his eyes lit up with excitement. "Okay then, it is said when you project a strong emotion the spirits carry it to whoever you're closest with. They can feel your motion and the spirits guide ask trying to pinpoint that was feeling at that time. "Um..... Sometime in the last 12-15 minutes. Why is it you ask? And can you explain how they got to you so fast." He asks and I answer "I ask because I was trying to understand why they felt the need to come get me, and to answer how they got to me so fast Layla's witch. While we're answering question how is you know that you know they arrived 12-15 minutes ago?" I ask
"Well the royal family and their mates possess a special gift and pass it down generation to generation. Well actually several special gifts that is why we're still ruling." He answers "And what are those I might seeing how I have to deal with them for the rest of eternity." I ask "You really wanna know okay I tell you but I'm promising you won't like it. We all have mind-reading, mind control, supervision, Super-speed, mind-erasing, telekinetic, teleportation, and super strength. So do I scare you now?" he asks smirking about it. "Not in the least bit Connor, but I would watch it, I know I scare you." I say teasing him "Oh, is that a fact Lily Mae?" he says, teasing back, but this time I turn the color of an apple and he backs away. "Yeah, that's a fact Connor or else you would trust me more I still have a headphone on see." I say while sweeping my hair to one side and turning to the right so he can see. Shock crosses his face and as the red fades away he smiles. "I guess I deserve that, but how did you turn red if you had your music on?" he asks, sounding honestly interested "I concentrated on turning my skin color, but your comment about my full name really set me over the edge. I thought you were going to take threats more seriously, especially the ones about me or from me." I say and he responds "I was but then I thought about it, I'm the prince I don't have to s**t if I don't want to." "Is that a fact or a challenge?" I ask completely game for either me and him have a score to settle and I know the perfect way to do it "It's whatever you turn it into Love." He says grinning ear from ear. "Okay, I'm fine with that, but you call me love one more time and I'll cut out your tongue out okay." As I say the words, his smile fades "Psych I thought you knew me better than that. Like seriously dude, but there is one thing I wanted to do about that challenge" I say while smiling feigning innocence "And might I presumably ask seeing how it concerns me?" he asks "How about I just show you." I say while I walk over to him. I reach up and put my hand on his chest and he shakes in response to my touch. I could really have some fun with this. I reach my face inches from his and just when it looks like he might combust waiting for me to do something. I take my hands off and remove myself from him and say "I'm in control of whatever I do you force me to do something again and I'll make you combust do we have an understanding here? Or do I need to continue." I ask. He shakes his head and answers "No, I understand what you mean. I said I was sorry though that's got to count for something. "I scoff "In my books all I saw was someone trying to force me to love him. I could feel everything you were feeling so don't try and deny it. I can read your emotions as well as you can read mine and at least my skin changes color. You had no right to do that and you did it anyway. I don't care what I felt while doing or after you disrespected and I don't take that from anyone not even my betrothed. Do we have and understanding or would you like me to continue yelling at you and making you understand it from my point of view?" I snap
"No I guess I get where you're are coming from and can I ask are you finally accepting were going to be together?" He asks with hope in his eyes "You can assume wrong just because I have to marry you doesn't mean I have to love you. Now can we go I need to talk to some friends of mine about popping up in this type of manner. If you'll excuse me your highness.ess, I'll be leaving now." I say "No you're not excused until you can tell me why you're acting this way. Preferably before I have to make you now, which is going to be?" he asks "You really what to know fine I'll tell you. I don't want to be in love I don't want to get married I don't want to be forced to do something I don't want to be out of control when it's concerning my life and most of all I don't want to be married in this type of manner. If you'll excuse me your highness.d to a guy that's been stalking me for the last 400 years when he's a bad boy wanna-be with a I-can-do-whatever-the-f**k-I-want-attitude that's why I'm acting this way I might be attracted to you, but tell me what girl isn't now if you'll excuse me, I'll be leaving!" I exclaim as pain and love wash his face with deep emotion that was definitely hitting below the belt, but whatever. . I walk away and start towards the kitchen where my friends are.
I find them sitting down and talking to the staff a soon so I walk through the door, I feel a wave of anguish and pain fall over me as I fall to the floor a I go down I see a Lion as clear as day. Layla and Kimi rush over to me and trying to help and then I see Connor running towards me and the Lion disappears. He scoops me up into his arms and I calm down some. The pain is still there, but I felt safer in his arms though. Then altogether the pain disappears. "What in Hades was that?" I ask turning to Connor "What were you feeling?" Connor asks. "There was so much pain and anguish, and it felt like I was dying and then it just stopped. What does this mean" I ask him "It means either your mother or father are gone.
"Did you see a Phoenix or a Lion while it was happening?" Conner asks "Yeah, there was Lion as clear as day, but as soon as you touched me it disappeared." I say. "Lily I'm sorry to have to tell you this, but your father is gone." I feel his fury and it justs adds to mine. He sets me down next to Layla and Kimi who are for once in their lives are silent. It might have to do with Connor's expression his emotions are all over the place. He's cursing in his head and I can hear it. What the hell?! "Connor I know your furious right now but is it normal to hear you thought right now and I never knew anyone could use such language you're worse than a sailor." You can what?!" he asks "This is happening faster than he said it would" he mumurs so low I should'nt have been able to hear it. "Okay what the hell is going on Conner?"I ask "How can I hear you say somehing when I shouldn't ?" I demand "Well you remember how I told you you're my mate well there's more to it than that." How much more?" I ask "Maybe we should move somewhere more private." Connor says softly and I see a look of determination fall over Kimi's and Layla's faces. "This isn't going to be good" I think to myself


© 2015 RedRose99


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

A very entertaining and well written story. I like the use of myth and tale in the story. Gave the characters and story more balance. I wanted to read and know more. Remember for every situation. The who, what, where, when and how. Make every action important. Thank you for sharing the excellent chapter.
Coyote

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

A very entertaining and well written story. I like the use of myth and tale in the story. Gave the characters and story more balance. I wanted to read and know more. Remember for every situation. The who, what, where, when and how. Make every action important. Thank you for sharing the excellent chapter.
Coyote

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

154 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on May 30, 2015
Last Updated on May 30, 2015