Chapter One-In The Beginning

Chapter One-In The Beginning

A Chapter by Isabelle Howard
"

The curtains separate, the story starts………

"
Kitsone was only a baby when her parents died.
They were both shop clerks, and very young-her mother was only twenty when Kitty was born. She was twenty-one when she died..........and her husband, only thirty. There was a robbery, and when her father refused to open the register, the robber actually shot. Her mother, witnessing her husband's murder, tried to knock him (the robber) out by hitting him with a heavy box, but she missed and got shot too. It was said that the day of the funeral was the day that Kitty cried the most.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Kitty was placed in a basket by her seventy-year-old aunt, who didn't want to keep her. She wailed-being only a one-year-old-like she knew what was about to happen. "Shhhhhh!" Her aunt says sharply, but Kitty had no reason to be quiet. Louder and louder she screamed as her aunt carried her closer to the orphanage's door. Dropping the basket and running off into the night, her aunt was nothing but glad to be rid of the noisy child. A kind-looking young woman answers the door, and, not seeing the basket looks around. "Hello?" She calls, then looks down. "Oh!" She cries out, picking up the shivering baby. "This orphanage is to terrible for a gentle thing like you," she whispers, looking back to see if her boss heard her. "I'll adopt you! That way you won't have to live here-" "Miss Katsu! Who are you talking to?" An old-like voice calls from upstairs. "Oh, just this baby that was left outside, Miss. I think I want to adopt her." "Fine fine. The paperwork is in my office. Now be quiet!" "Allright Miss," Katsu says quickly, glad to be allowed to adopt the child. She unwraps Kitty from her buttercup yellow blanket, and a note falls out, reading: Take care of my Kitsone.
And nothing else. "So your name is Kitsone," Katsu says, rewrapping the cold child in her blanket. "Come on, Kitty, let's take you home!" She says, signing the last of the forms, and walking to her car.


© 2013 Isabelle Howard


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Noooooooooooooo..............
We made a change in the roleplay =(
I now don't have the "rights" to make Kitty's backstory anymore.
SILVER LINING!!! I now get to make the antagonist!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Whoops, sorry guys...misspelled Kitsune's name.


Posted 11 Years Ago


Yes I do like it! I can't wait to read the next part.
How did you get the name of Kitsone?

Posted 11 Years Ago


Isabelle Howard

11 Years Ago

I let my friend name her, and, well......Yeah. Kitsone.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

144 Views
3 Reviews
Added on January 25, 2013
Last Updated on January 26, 2013
Tags: Kitsone, narrator, introduction


Author

Isabelle Howard
Isabelle Howard

Pierrfonds, Canada



About
Hello world! I'm Isabelle-or Redbird5241-and I LOVE LOVE LOVE writing, reading, and owls. I am OBSESSED with the color turqoise, and want to plaster the drned color EVERYWHERE. So now you know you've.. more..

Writing