Prolouge: Blood....

Prolouge: Blood....

A Chapter by Reks
"

Basically a glimpse of the future.

"
"Man that is born of a woman hath but a short time to live, and is full of misery. He cometh up, and is cut down, like a flower; he fleeth as it were a shadow, and never continueth in one stay."
   -Anonymous


      High above the earth, black birds rained down like the plague. They screeched loudly, as if a myriad of hellish screams had erupted from the maw of an abyssal creature. All of them were aimed at the scattered sea of red below. What was once the green and lively plains of Arthenia was now a blood bath. There were bodies littered every where, each mutilated to the point of nonrecognition. At first glance, one could possibly assume that the victims were human. But upon closer inspection, it was clear that they were different. Each of these humanoids had a fairly large pair of wings on their back. Thounsands of these bird like men and woman were spread around. These were the Adani, one of the oldest race of world. And more than half their population lay dead on the ground.
      A ways off from the carnage were four figures. Three were dressed in a similar manner, and had black spiral tattoos on the left side of their faces. The fourth, instead of wearing a tunic with leggings and armor, had a tribal loin cloth made of a wolf's pelt, and a shawl of the same material. The Four figures had watched the genocide in shock. A contingent of magic users had summoned thousands of ethereal blades, and rained them from the sky. The blades had impaled the Adani, and a few minutes later, had disappeared like nothing had happened. It had happened so quickly, none of the four could have reacted. Even if they had, what could they possibly do to hundred's of mages?
      The second figure began to cried out. The wings on his back bristled with a surge of anger. His face was washed in emotion. As he got ready to ascend into the air, two of his companions grabbed his tunic, holding him down. He kept screaming, and eventually, began to weep. His cry of sorrow rang across the plain, scattering some of the black birds that were feasting on the dead corpses. One of his companions leaned down and put an arm around him, trying to whisper comforting thoughts into his ear. Eventually, the weeping reduced to a sob. The person that had helped the Adani, rose up, looking at the sun as it dipped down below the horizon. This was only the beginning. The mad king would not stop until everything was under his control, or all things were burned and reformed into his image.


© 2010 Reks


Author's Note

Reks
Eh. I think this might be the shortest chapter ever.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

It seems like it's an interesting idea. The first line is great, it grabs the attention of the reader then develops everything. Also, personally, I'm a fan of creatures with wings. It makes me happy.

Posted 14 Years Ago


this was rlly good and interesting...i liked how u described everything...u gave it life and the ending makes u interested to keep reading...i would just skim over it and check your tenses a bit and check for missing words but it makes me want to find out whats going to happen next...good start :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


I agree with Jolly. This was really good, but really short. Maybe next time you'll let us know the characters names. I also can't wait for the next chapter.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Loved this chapter. Though it was short, it displays quite a lot of emotion, and more than enough feeling to set the stage of the story. One little iffy is that the anger was maybe just a bit delayed. Like you could have described a flash back where the four panicked and tried to help the Adani, but that's just me. Really good though. Can't wait for the coming chapters.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

288 Views
4 Reviews
Added on February 12, 2010
Last Updated on February 18, 2010


Author

Reks
Reks

City of Glass, NY



About
Hmmm, what to say about myself. I love to write. Its my passion and my soul. My writing is a tool of creation and destruction, retribution and condemnation. Haha just playing. I'm here to put my thoug.. more..

Writing
Black Black

A Story by Reks


Chapter One: Destiny Chapter One: Destiny

A Chapter by Reks