The Boiling Man

The Boiling Man

A Poem by Joseph - Michael
"

There was a time when I fell so hard on my knees and I was only 17 when I wrote this. Years later, it's still taunting me, even in my sleep.

"

 

Shh, Listen...   There's A Man...   Playing An Unusual Violin...

 

With The Strings That Are The Nerves...   And The Veins...   From His Own Arms...

 

How Wonderous The Sounds...   Of The Agonies Made...   By The Slicing And Dicing...

 

Down With The Lambs...   Up With The Larks...

 

Run To The Beds, Children...   Before It Gets Dark...

 

Around, Around The Sun We Go...   As The Moon Goes Around Us...

 

While The Parts Of Us Are Dying...   In The Slow And The Painful Ways...

 

We Do Not Die Of Death...   We Die Of The Vertigo...

 

Run, Dying Breeds, Run...   Like There's No Time...   And No Tomorrow...

 

Yet, We're All Still Gonna Die One Way...   Or Another...   No Matter What...

 

And I Just Saw The Dead...   Small And Great...  Stand Before The God...

 

I Witnessed The Blood Of The Christ...   Dripping On All Of Their Skins...

 

This Is Just Another Altar...   Inside The Church...   Of The Fears And The Pains...

 

Now, I Know Why Jesus Wept...

 

© 2013 Joseph - Michael


Author's Note

Joseph - Michael
This writing was inspired by James O'Barr, the creator of "The Crow"... (Thanks, James)

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This i found to be a unique read. It's different format cause my mind to spin around alot like the images that you presented.
I liked how it was heart felt. The feelings of dispare and helplessness, seemed to fling out like and open blender.
Good read!
Thanks for sharing!

Posted 16 Years Ago


15 of 15 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Oh wow, oh wow!! You are an awesome writer, please keep writing! I have been around religion all my life, going to church some ever now and then. But here lately I've been thirsting for more knowledge of religious things of nature, this poem really hit a nerve (a good nerve)! Now I'm definately going to be researching more about the Bible, thank you for such a beautiful write.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

What a very strong work. I love the format.
C

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

This work leaves me breathless. I really like it, unique & dark.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Here have I beheld fantasies and mechanations, some stranger than others, some more wonderful.

An interesting work.

-Dream

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

this is totally thought provoking and perfectly presented. VERY nice job!

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

The pace, along with my enigmatic interpretations of the ellipses, along with the words, built up a furious momentum throughout this poem. The sense of urgency was like my head was firmly clasped by two hands and the spoken words were being delivered while two forsaken eyes reasoned with me soul. I felt as if you were aware of my fear and that this was a personal effort to dispel it all, but all the while knowing that fear is inevitable, unless Christ is in ones heart. The way this poem rolls from darkness, with sincere compassion toward a hope bound in the symbol of Jesus, clarifies why he would have wept for their pain and why we do too; it was quite a reminder of how much I feel. Thanks for bringing that back to me.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Around, Around The Sun We Go... As The Moon Goes Around Us...
While The Parts Of Us Are Dying... In The Slow And The Painfully Ways...
We Do Not Die Of Death... We Die Of The Vertigo...

kind of awkward, especially the "as the moon goes around us", it just doesn't fit rhythmically. i puzzled over the we do not die of death line, but i still dont get it, haha...seems like a throwaway.

other than that, wow, this just totally pounded against the side of my head until it bore a hole and infiltrated and burrowed through my brain. the last 3 lines especially.

GREAT read.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Thank you for sharing this with me.
I've mulled over it and reread it feels like a hundred times.
The style is so pronounced and rich. Though I admit I feel nervous about critiquing.
It's so unique to what I am familiar with.
I love your imagery, its rich and positively foaming at the mouth.
My mind just whirls with thoughts and emotions.
So I shall say simply that I am stunned and speechless.
Thank you.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I loved the layout of this and I hope you don't mind, but because of my dyslexia I jump all over the place and the words said great things by themselves- as well as when the piece is read correctly...great piece.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I always find reviewing poems of despair difficult. They are difficult to critique because you know the writer has put his heart and soul into. This is no exception - it's deep and heartfelt. My only criticism is that you spend three lines creating the image of the the unusual violin only to leave it there untouched through the rest of the poem. I would have liked to have seen more music imagery later on to create a connection.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

19373 Views
190 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 30 Libraries
Added on February 12, 2008
Last Updated on November 19, 2013

Author

Joseph - Michael
Joseph - Michael

Detroit, MI



About
I'm no one special. I'm just a single father in the MMA training to kill the anger and the personal pain in order to move on. Whenever I'm not busy, even with the damn procrastination issue, I try my .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..