The Boiling Man

The Boiling Man

A Poem by Joseph - Michael
"

There was a time when I fell so hard on my knees and I was only 17 when I wrote this. Years later, it's still taunting me, even in my sleep.

"

 

Shh, Listen...   There's A Man...   Playing An Unusual Violin...

 

With The Strings That Are The Nerves...   And The Veins...   From His Own Arms...

 

How Wonderous The Sounds...   Of The Agonies Made...   By The Slicing And Dicing...

 

Down With The Lambs...   Up With The Larks...

 

Run To The Beds, Children...   Before It Gets Dark...

 

Around, Around The Sun We Go...   As The Moon Goes Around Us...

 

While The Parts Of Us Are Dying...   In The Slow And The Painful Ways...

 

We Do Not Die Of Death...   We Die Of The Vertigo...

 

Run, Dying Breeds, Run...   Like There's No Time...   And No Tomorrow...

 

Yet, We're All Still Gonna Die One Way...   Or Another...   No Matter What...

 

And I Just Saw The Dead...   Small And Great...  Stand Before The God...

 

I Witnessed The Blood Of The Christ...   Dripping On All Of Their Skins...

 

This Is Just Another Altar...   Inside The Church...   Of The Fears And The Pains...

 

Now, I Know Why Jesus Wept...

 

© 2013 Joseph - Michael


Author's Note

Joseph - Michael
This writing was inspired by James O'Barr, the creator of "The Crow"... (Thanks, James)

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This i found to be a unique read. It's different format cause my mind to spin around alot like the images that you presented.
I liked how it was heart felt. The feelings of dispare and helplessness, seemed to fling out like and open blender.
Good read!
Thanks for sharing!

Posted 16 Years Ago


15 of 15 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Masterly philosophic! Needs some reflection and re-read to get the whole picture. Wonderful work!
An even greater impact it gets by the way you presented it here. Thumb up.
Looking forward to your next piece!

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Wow. I really love this. The setup is amazing. Great job.

~Nana Carmine

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Very unique! I like it, it made my mind spin from thought to thought... It was very powerful and you expressed your emotions amazingly! Great job!

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Mmm I love The Crow. This was FANTASTIC. I felt fear and sadness, absolute panic and chaos. Wonderful job. I await more great things from you.

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

Very strange piece. I found it quite interesting and thought provoking. Kudos.

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

The images where so wonderfully vivid and a pure treat to read and witness. I liked this and think you you really wrote a wonderful piece here. It is different and has a wonderful flow and descriptive quality to it. I really enjoyed this and found myself reading it again.


Great Job!!@!!!

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

wow....stunning and unique peice..great write! :)

Posted 16 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.

Joe, this is great! The title is so raw and it had almost a sing-song quality to it. That, with the format, made it quite original. Great write here.

Posted 16 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.

Layout was unique and I enjoyed it's flow.

Posted 16 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.

Sharp and grating. . . like an out of control nursery rhyme carried by demons and out of tune violins. Striking work.

Posted 16 Years Ago


6 of 6 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

19366 Views
190 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 30 Libraries
Added on February 12, 2008
Last Updated on November 19, 2013

Author

Joseph - Michael
Joseph - Michael

Detroit, MI



About
I'm no one special. I'm just a single father in the MMA training to kill the anger and the personal pain in order to move on. Whenever I'm not busy, even with the damn procrastination issue, I try my .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..