Johanna Ever After

Johanna Ever After

A Chapter by Timothy Ryan

It's sad enough for the innocence of white doves to drop dead while spreading their wings. The sweeter your heart swells into the idea of diving into the endless oceans of affection, the harder it'll be to realize you're drowning in empty expectations. I wish that I was too blind to see it. Too blind to see that little shine in your eyes that dies into the September sidewalk at night. That shine that'll be washed away by the welling tears of "it's alright". Years go by, but we go nowhere. You were brave enough to put your insecurities into my hands. Those insecurities that you weren't strong enough to carry through life on your own. I let you down. I'm too broken of a heart to be put back together into any sort of reliability. I'm sorry for what I can never be, what I never am. You deserve to shine bright enough to burn the stars into dullness. So shine, shine like a diamond. But diamonds are forever, I am for sometimes. When the sun goes down and those lonely nights sing, I'll think about your stray heart and I'll wonder where it roams. I'll think about the horrible crime I've committed, not being able to open my arms and give your love a home.


© 2018 Timothy Ryan


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

160 Views
Added on October 15, 2018
Last Updated on October 15, 2018


Author

Timothy Ryan
Timothy Ryan

NY



About
Stories, poetry and everything from the soul. I'm co-authors with whiskey. more..

Writing