Bound Hearts ⁓ (gratitude to love)

Bound Hearts ⁓ (gratitude to love)

A Poem by Richard🖌
"

Fours 'n Eights

"

     

© 2016 Richard🖌


Author's Note

Richard🖌
"FOURS 'N EIGHTS"
an original form
by: Richard W. Jenkins
© 16 Oct 1998

RULES:
Unlimited quatrain verses with the following Counts:
4-4
8
4-4
8

With the following Rhyme Scheme:
a-a
b
a-a
b

c-c
d
c-c
d

etc…
(I'll love it if you try one. If you do, please, let me know, so i can review it for you.)

All honest, constructive critique is welcome! : )

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This poem is absolutely beautiful. First of all, I am deeply impressed by your creation of such an intricate and lovely poetic form - that takes talent, and you definitely have it! I am personally a huge fan of internal rhyme, so this form is especially interesting to me. I really like the lines "for, love I send, our songs to blend / by virtue of fate's fervent choice" - lovely alliteration there. The simile of "your breath's as fine as bouqet'd wine, / soft whispers breathe against my face" is also beautiful. My absolute favorite part, however, is the final two stanzas. The image of tears and the complex, profound reasons for their shedding are uniquely portrayed and touching in their sincerity. My favorite part of all: "each heartbeat shares how much it cares, / bound hearts - as one, together rise." I cannot adequately express how beautiful those lines are to me. Thank you for sharing this. You are truly talented. Excellent, excellent work!

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Richard🖌

4 Years Ago

"Goodness-ME, Alice!"

Ya gotta be careful to avoid swelling my head to the size my ha.. read more



Reviews

not my favorite style...but that notwithstanding i recognize a poet who does form flawlessly...and you seem to consistently do that, and still emit strong feelings from what you write.

well done, Sir.

j.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Richard🖌

7 Years Ago

Thank you Jacob,
You've proven to me so many times how much you appreciate my humble little e.. read more
Wonderful. What I love most, besides the story and the language you chose, is the perfect rhyme scheme. That's true dedication and meticulous writing.

Very nice.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Richard🖌

7 Years Ago

Thank you, James, ever-so gratefully and and sincerely for such gratifying praise and commentary ….. read more
What a lovely poem! I think what evinces it is the beautiful form of the poetry, which gives it a musical flow of a ballad. An exuberant ballad of love, where nature and love come together to not only awaken cupid and his lovingly piercing bow, but also to serenade the very nature of love bound within hearts. It is overwhelming, delicious, and full of aspirations and need, love with it's separation from pride remains an emotion of not only vulnerability but the very primal nature, that transgresses a man within a being. What is so wonderful about this poem is that it's words and its music not only evokes the simplicity of love but brings forth the center of love that dwells not within our hearts but within our unconscious and soul, it is rustic, it is beautiful. Such an emotionally blissful piece :)

I am so thankful for this poem, definitely in my Top 10 of your works, Richard, you're blessed with tenderness that is lost upon this world :) Perhaps I will try this form, it is so gentle and powerful.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Richard🖌

7 Years Ago

Dear Kajal,
Having received such praise, appreciation, and blissful commentary from your beau.. read more
Crimson_ish

7 Years Ago

Warmest hugs to you to, Richard, as always your appreciation of me outshines my appreciation of your.. read more
The thing about you that's remarkable & admirable is that, despite your penchant for crafting perfectly formed poems with gentle lofty messages, when you review other people's poems, you never hold them to the same exacting standards as you hold yourself. You are always uplifting & encouraging in your reviews, which makes us mere mortals feel a little less inferior to your own personal level of perfection.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Richard🖌

7 Years Ago

Gosh, Margie!
To receive such accolades from one as accomplished as yourself is inspiration, .. read more
ahhhhhh...4's and 8's....if you want to double the impact, choose a song to go with this that also operate on a similar structure.....I think our enjoyment of art - and poetry is art - is when the same message is repeated in different genre, nearly like the marketing message of a company, going via TV, print and social media....:) Sorry, I was a corporate animal, so that language still have to be exorcised....:P

I think a crucial message from your poem is the positive reality of bound hearts - modern society has over-valued so-called "relationship freedom", and often use the word "bound" in a negative context, pointing towards a situation where lovers may be stuck.

You have redeemed "bound".....for love is never free, when it is a free agent, it becomes emancipated in the bound love of a similarly sold out soul....:)

Now go redeem a few more words.....I am looking forward to reading them :)

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Richard🖌

7 Years Ago

Thank you, My Friend, for selecting this little effort to read and review … I am honored.
I.. read more
Dear Poet, the words you have so lavishly placed upon the page have touched the heart of this reader deeply. You have the capability of allowing the readers to FEEL your words which are filled with a very deep yearning and love for someone not within your grasp and it is heartbreaking. Although it has sad implications it is a beautifully composed piece of Romantic poetry.

It is my pleasure to read your poetry sir. Angel

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Richard🖌

7 Years Ago

Thank your, Dear Angel⁓*
Your words are the glowing treasures every passionate poet compose.. read more
Angelheart1

7 Years Ago

It is my sincere pleasure to read your words Sir. Angel
Sir, this is a very marvellous and exquisite piece of poetry. It would make a nice, melodious song too. The form is excellent.
Love runs throughout your poem. Deep, profound emotions compounded with vivid imagery have made this piece an impeccable one.
The best and the profoundest feelings and ecstasy are aroused in somebody when he is with his lover. His mind wholly engulfed by true and powerful thoughts give rise to works of this excellent breed. Lovely. Keep writing.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Richard🖌

7 Years Ago

Vatsal,
I cannot thank you enough for sharing your thoughts on poetry and this little romanti.. read more
Beautiful words. This poem truly feels like it was ripped from the lungs of a 15th century poet. It is elegant and very focused, not to mention wordlessly romantic.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Richard🖌

7 Years Ago

Thank you immensely, Clifford!
Your words of enjoyment, praise, and how you perceive the pers.. read more
A very fine poem.
Some years back I had written a few poems following the above rules.
I am posting one of them today. You can have a look at it. It has the title: 'OUR BEGINNING"

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Richard🖌

7 Years Ago

Thank you, Shabeeth,
Your gracious praise is greatly appreciated,My New Friend, as is the hap.. read more
Richard🖌

7 Years Ago

OOPS!
"Shabeeh" … mia culpa!

2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1164 Views
19 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on May 10, 2016
Last Updated on May 10, 2016

Author

Richard🖌
Richard🖌

Houston, TX



About
~··~ ~··~ ~··~ ~··~ ~··~ ~··~ ~··~ ~··~ ~··~ ~··~ ~·&.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Echoes of You Echoes of You

A Poem by Relic