Embarrasing Echos In A Church

Embarrasing Echos In A Church

A Story by Righter
"

A quick story about a situation I created while I was in church one day with my mother. I was only a sprout mind you, maybe seven years young.

"

     "Slightly michieveious" is the phrase I would use to describe the monkey shines of my youth. I was not a problem child or a hell-raiser, just over-spirited. I woke one Sunday to the sight of my mother. She was trying to get me up and had succeded. I knew what day it was. I was never a big fan of sitting still, so quietly sitting through a Catholic Mass was not and is still not on the top of my "Things To Do" list. Surely I gave her a hard time from bedside, through breakfast, and all the way down the street to the church.

     We entered through giant arched wooden doors that seperated "God's House" from the rest of the world. I remember thinking that the whole world was "God's House". I wondered why I should act any differently inside this place than I would in any other part of the world God had created. We quickly shuffled to a long, over-polished pew that was free of any other members of the congregation.

     Singing was my favorite part of Mass. Mom and I had often sung together outside of church. She taught me mostly silly songs and also the foundations of hearing and singing harmonies. These are some of my most cherrished childhood memories. We had just finished some random hymn. In the small window of time between the reverberations from the final keystrokes of the organ diminished and before the Priest had begun to speak, I farted. This was no ordinary fart. The combination of the eggs I was digesting from breakfast and the solid oak bench I was sitting on, made my flatulence audible even to the deaf old ladies sitting in the back of the church.

     Farting loudly in church durring a pause in the service was bad enough. I was embarresed and had to do something. Thinking it wuld be funny, I turned instantly to my mother and without skipping a beat I had pointed my finger and exlaimed "MOM!" as if she were the one who had delt it.

     Needless to say my mother turned bright red and did her best to ignore my outbursts. After five seconds of being mortified my mother ripped me out of "God's House", not to return for some time or at least until the echos of my gas had stopped resonating.

© 2013 Righter


Author's Note

Righter
Open to all imput bring it on!!!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Hahaha, very funny. I liked all elements of it that really show what it's like going to church as a child, and then the humorous twist was great. Other than a few misspelled words here and there, I thought that it was very well put together and a great story. One of the highlights of my reading so far!

Posted 11 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
k.a
Greaaaaat!!! It reminds me an episode of my chilhood, very good grammatically and excelent fluency :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


ROFLMAO!
Awesome, Very funny. Thank you for sharing!
~kelly

Posted 11 Years Ago


Wonderful write & cute as well

Posted 11 Years Ago


It's a funny, cute story, and I enjoyed reading it. Perhaps a time or two when I was young, I farted and tried to blame it on someone else. Come to think of it, I may still do that. I can't help it--flatulence is funny!

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

246 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 25, 2013
Last Updated on April 25, 2013
Tags: Humor

Author

Righter
Righter

NJ



About
Calling myself a writer would not only be silly, it would be inaccurate and pompous. I am an assistant manager in a health food store. That being said, I do not believe that defines who I am (nor doe.. more..


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Feeling it Feeling it

A Poem by Franky


Naked B***h Naked B***h

A Poem by JayG