The Outpost

The Outpost

A Chapter by S.S.SeekerStar

Eve



“Do you think it's such a good idea to have him aboard, I mean he will probably just get in our way,” I asked, My superior. “You have nothing to worry about Eve that one does seem to be a little dull at times but, his mind is as sharp as any knife is, He sighed. “With luck, he may be a very valuable asset to us against the rising storm that is the Ruh.”  “I’m not talking about if he’d be a valuable asset or not, I'm asking you if he’s worth the risk that he’s packing.” He shook his head and started down the hall to the bridge, “Eve, that will be up to you to decide, but for now I will inform the captain of our new recruit’s presence.” 

    I watched captain Ezekiel head to the bridge and sighed. I was an outstanding officer and now I basically have to babysit a recruit. Damn him, I thought. That kid earned the respect of my superiors by winning a feeble contest, unacceptable. I had all of the calculations done in a matter of moments, maybe I missed something about him or something is different about him than other people. What could it be? I looked back down at the results on my clipboard. My results say that the first laser should have killed him, but it missed, even so the second hit him in the brachial artery, he should be dead. I ran my eyes over all of the calculations one more time. If he survived that laser blast he cannot be human it ripped a hole through his shoulder after all, yet he still moved it when wielding his sword.  I ripped my Compacted Railgun from its pistol-like holster off my leg. I began spinning the Railgun in frustration.  My calculations were wrong? It couldn’t be, I know that. Must have something to do with him.

    I traveled down all of the familiar halls towards the Med Bay.  I swirled and twirled the revolver as I shuffled through my thoughts. Just inside the med bay, I could hear Noah complaining about not being able to be sedated as the new arm would come on. “You have to be fully awake so that your brain will adjust immediately to the new arm.” Cyril droned. I ignored the rest of the banter.         I had to find out who, no what he is. No ordinary human could survive such a fatal blow.     I trashed my calculations and put away my railgun. “Noah Crimstone, whatever the hell you are, I will find out and expose you, whatever you are planning, while I am here you will not get away with it.” I took one last glance at the medbay and saw his X-ray and a blood sample. Those could definitely help me solve this case.  I took a picture of his x-ray but left the blood sample there. It would be missed if I took that.

    “What are you doing?” I spun to see Jackson looking down at me. He was a tall man obviously of African descent, I quickly pocketed my phone and sighed. “It's only you.” He stood arms crossed and looking down at me. His clean-shaven head shone in contrast to his broad beard. “What are you doing?” He asked suspiciously.  I shrugged and glanced back at the end of the Hall. “That kid it there, I pointed to Noah. “He is the one who won the Hell-Diver tournament, 

 “with a Hand-made phase blade.”  Jackson grinned. “Sounds like you’re jealous.” 

 I blinked in disbelief. “I am not jealous of him, he’s just suspicious.”

 “Suspicious how?” He asked skeptically.

  I looked around for a quick second and grabbed my phone from my pocket. “Look at these.” 


Jackson looked down at the phone and grinned. “Pictures of you at a beach?”

 I looked down at the phone and swiped the pictures away, fuming inside. “NO these.” Jackson peered at the phone. 

    “Listen, Eve, It's a little strange that you’ve got X-rays of him on your phone, just stop investigating him until you know he’s up to something okay.” He patted me on the shoulder and began to stride down the hall, “I’ll be in the Mess-hall, call me when you’re not being creepy.”


I rolled my eyes.“I can’t believe he doesn’t believe me.” I huffed.  “Who doesn’t believe you?” 

I jumped and spun around my Compacted Railgun in hand. Behind me stood Noah his hands, (Well Hand) raised in surrender. 

“Woah, jeez what’s up with you?” He yelped.

I spun my Railgun back into its holster on my thigh. “Why aren’t you in the Sick bay anymore?" He blinked and averted his gaze, "Sick Bay? I was supposed to go there?" My hand slowly dragged it's way back to my holster. "Don't play with me," I warned. "Alright Alright Jeez." He sighed. "I just thought I'd walk around the Ship a little bit longer, I mean It's not every day I'll get to be...UNarmed." I gripped the handled of my railgun a bit tighter. "I couldn't have been wrong about him. His Psyche eval said he was damn near a Genius, even so, He should have lost the Tournament with that dingey phase blade of his and he's acting like a fool write now. What in the hell was his angle exactly? I relaxed my grip and scoffed. "Follow me, I have orders to make sure you get that new arm, The Sickbay is this Way-" "Bars." He interrupted but was silenced at my Gaze. "Now don't try or SAY anything stupid along the way, Or I really might shoot you." "Can I be sedated for that?" He smirked. With a sigh I lead on, I pray that if there's a god. They show mercy upon me.










© 2020 S.S.SeekerStar


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

18 Views
Added on April 16, 2020
Last Updated on April 16, 2020


Author

S.S.SeekerStar
S.S.SeekerStar

Culpeper, VA



About
You don't need to know me.My writing; know you should. more..

Writing
The Rise The Rise

A Chapter by S.S.SeekerStar