Jackson

Jackson

A Chapter by RissaG

Jackson                       Sixteen

          I unlocked the door to the warehouse, jumping when leaves skittered across the pavement behind me. I opened the door and was welcomed with a cool burst of air. I flipped on the light and began walking up the stairs to the control room. I sat down in the leather chair, the joints creaking and groaning from my weight.

          I turned on all the computers and monitors then looked at the screen with the camera on the kids in the room. They were all sleeping, most slumped against others, others slumped against the walls. I turned and looked at another room, the Infected. The Infected were still tearing at the carcass of the girl we pulled off the street, blood covering the cement floor from her open torso. Her eyes were cold and lifeless, still screaming and pleading for help. She too would become living if she were not devoured completely and soon.

          The door opened and Cole walked in pulling off his jacket and draping it over his chair. "Anyone dead?" he asked sitting down and putting on his headset.

          I put on mine and shook my head, "I'm not sure, everyone is still sleeping." He nodded and started turning on controls.

          Kyle walked in and pulled off his hat and jacket. "Do you guys think the maze is getting boring? Should we add traps and stuff so it's more challenging? Because I don't know about you, but I'm already bored of watching people figure out the simple maze game. It's no longer cat and mouse. It's just mouse and mouse."

          "I agree," Said Luke as he walked in with Riley on his heels, they both sat down pulling on their headsets and getting their stations ready. Riley nodded and Cole sighed.

                "I guess we'll add traps and stuff then." He said, Kyle smiled and pressed a button.

                "Good morning, players" He smiled into the microphone. "Who's going to be our players for today?" We watched as the players woke up and looked around groggily.

          "No more… please…" The boy who went through the maze cried softly. Kyle ignored him and  looked at the list of players to see who would be playing today.  I looked at my list. Bria and Zoe.

          Kyle pressed the button for the microphone again and grinned into it "Bria and Zoe. Have fun out there."  I watched the girls stand up shakily, neither wanting to go out the door. There was movement in the room holding the Infected, the girl was beginning to move. I looked at my watch. Twelve minutes to turn. That's a new record.

          There were moans and groans as the Infected moved towards the door of the holding room, hearing the door to the room with the kids in it open. The newly Infected girl dragged herself towards the door. I looked at Kyle. He nodded like he knew what I was thinking. We'd put the Dragger in the maze.

          Kyle got up and went downstairs he put a girl in the room, the Zeke turned towards her as she scream and pounded on the door as it closed. Kyle motioned at the camera to open the other door. I pressed a button and it opened at the Crawler turned its attention to him and dragged itself towards him. I shut the door as it pulled itself out the door. Kyle let it follow him to the hallways and then came upstairs.

          The two girls had finally got to the door, still shaking and crying. I opened the door and they stepped outside into the hallway. They hugged each other before parting, walking their separate ways.    

          Moments later there was a scream. I looked at my screen to see Bria running  the opposite way, the infected girl had found her.



© 2013 RissaG


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

134 Views
Added on December 11, 2013
Last Updated on December 11, 2013


Author

RissaG
RissaG

~~~, IL



About
My name is Clairissa. I go by Claire and Rissa. I love to write and read and I plan on being an author. I have always loved reading and I always will. Though I do have a ereader I do like to have re.. more..

Writing
Home Again Home Again

A Story by RissaG


113 Hours 113 Hours

A Story by RissaG


April Showers April Showers

A Story by RissaG