In The Present

In The Present

A Poem by Riverdance

Time is always in a race

Against itself.

The more it tries to win

The faster it becomes

Until you can't focus on anything

But the Race.

You learn to be

A person living in the future.

Trust yourself.

Slow down.

Breath.

Take in the moment.

Reach.

Live in the Present.

It's always there

And you'll always succeed in finding it.

And you'll find that life in the present

Is the only way to live

A happy Life.

© 2008 Riverdance


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This lesson is more important in today's world than any other I think. In an age where people can live much longer than any other time people are still dying too young from pushing themselves so hard. I hope people take heart from what you've shared here, and slow down a bit. Everyone can use some play to go along with their work. Good piece.

Posted 16 Years Ago


i like it its very true

Posted 16 Years Ago


Yes, I truly agree with you. All of my life, I've been doing nothing but rushing things to get everything done and over with. It was until the time I got my son, that's when I started to learn to slow down and enjoy every seconds as much as I could.

Anyway, this is a really good writing on explaining how to slow down in the poetry way...


Posted 16 Years Ago


Awsome, I love it... Muah!

Posted 16 Years Ago


I like the way your words of encouragement come out like that with one word phrases. It had a good flow to it and it was really enjoybale.

Posted 16 Years Ago


Breathe
Reach
Live

Those are all the most important things I know.

Posted 16 Years Ago


=)
Well written. It makes me think of how I wonder if I'm one of the few people who realizes that a moment is special and won't last forever...while it is happening. It's a great feeling but also sad at the same time knowing that it can't last forever.

As always, great job sis!

Posted 16 Years Ago


this has such a depth! so many live in the past or are dreamers and live in the future...this poem has got something of this dale carngegie, such a populare old book it is...how to be happy each thiny moment. very uplifiting! loved it.

Posted 16 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

674 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 7, 2008

Author

Riverdance
Riverdance

AR



About
Move MeSep 4, 2008 - Sep 7, 2008 Interested in a contest? Soaring high above the clouds Below a world no longer mine Free from troubles has its price Loneliness unveils its light Hey there! I'm Kan.. more..

Writing
Unwelcome Unwelcome

A Poem by Riverdance


Borderline Borderline

A Story by Riverdance



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Mystery Mystery

A Poem by Riverdance