Morality, The Church and Homosexuality

Morality, The Church and Homosexuality

A Chapter by Robben

“Morality, the Church, and Homosexuality”

By Robben Wainer

                Morality and the church create within their inter connectedness a purpose that manifests itself in a reason to celebrate that mystery which is united with the creation of the universe. Morality enters the church through worship, acts of contrition and assimilation of assessing the quality of the soul with the divine. In recent times there has been an argument against praising homosexuality within the church, as a blasphemous act that contradicts the interpretation of scripture. Yet it is to my understanding that those who practice belief within the housings of churches do so not to translate scripture as a means of living one’s life for the same reason of living piously to be judged without sin to ascend into heaven upon their death. Morality is based on conscious and unconscious perception of the relatedness of each individual and how they live in the world. This unique channeling of life’s mission and purpose and its relatedness to morality within the church is the premise that together in prayer we can be restored to virtue by practicing our faith and believing that God loves us for who we are be that heterosexual or homosexual.

                In this essay I will be examining aspects of morality as they relate to faith and character development within the church. I will not be arguing for or against the literal translation of the bible, but rather I will view the moral aspects of worshipping within church as a stream of consciousness that is reveled in authenticity by acts of faith, and comprises the quality of the soul which is accountable for the humanity of heterosexuals as well as homosexuals. I will do this strictly by examining the components of this faith how it is found within the church and religious places of worship and is directly related to our grasping of truth of our perception of self and of humanity.

                Intuition- is the will to liberate oneself from falsity, and to emerge from states of being which give occasion for confusion to achieve clarity and a state of consciousness with an aim to deliberate sound reasoning. That faith and intuition may be seen in light of its own deliverance of decisions and choices. The LGBT community has by and large taken the risk of advancing their orientation as something which is self evident, and a natural aspiration and inclination that has been the basis of the choices and decisions they have made since their own conception and the dawning of the reality that somehow by accepting their gender preference they have emerged from the confusion that has been hoisted upon them within a sea of doubt to help provide great insight that has been a resource for both heterosexuals and homosexuals .

                Assertiveness-is the enrichment of confidence that one’s assessment of the truth is based on sound reasoning. It is the amicable provision of self awareness, and self perception that is given to provide one with testimony and inclusiveness. In terms of faith assertiveness has been demonstrated by the Homosexual population by its praise of coming out of the closet, and asserting the testimony that they have a same sex attraction which for them is the meaning of love. This actualization of one’s personal attributes increases the potential for being able to make a contribution, first in what feels like a confession and later by what has proved to be their blessing, by family friends and loved ones.

 

                Projection- as a moral claim of faith is the act of expressing ones manifestation of self and its relation to the world we live in. It is in religious observation that one truly feels the freedom to express ones bearing on mind, body and spirit in a way that channels and utilizes how the individual is chosen by God to align their will with the causes of dignity and respect. The LGBT community has chosen for its symbolic expression of self the colors of the rainbow as seen in their flag. The rainbow flag is an observation and an act of acceptance that shows we are in agreement that we form a society of our own, but that this projection of self inclusion is fundamental of how we carry out Gods mission, purpose and aim in our lives making it a fundamental statement that we aspire to religions to as inclusive of homosexuality within their population as the LGBT society is of their own beliefs.

                Community- Religious institutions serve those who join them by providing ethical principles, guidance, and direction so that members can praise the nature of the practice of the group so as to fortify and enrich the quality of their lives, by providing a stable and sound resource for their gathering. With the onset of marriage equality gay and lesbian families are in bloom, with those communities that provide careful and considerate forums to those homosexuals caring for children and who are fostering their own parenthood by setting impervious examples for those they care for. The LGBT community has provided for themselves a wide ranging variety of resources and forums that unite them in purpose and in serving the mission based on the aims of the varying groups. Their reinforcement of living within a community is in keeping with the principles in which the church has created for its followers a great deal of community and culture. It is quite simply the statement that we belong that unites us with the mission of the church’s community and the preservation of the sanctity of life that it reinforces.

                Identity- religious values shine light on this subject of identity by addressing what is pleasurable to the soul, it is in this sense that the LGBT population is in keeping with ancient text that professes to us to know thy self. It is also that act of faith that defines our humanity as being people, and shows that by assessing our own conception of what we believe we learn and address our associations as coming from ourselves. It is if you will our convictions as heterosexual and homosexual people that define our closeness to God and aid us in our times of need are resolved by the acts of faith that align our actions to the principles that have been perceived is loved by others and by God.

                Wisdom and Critical Thinking- which can be defined by our utilizing and learning from experience, that assessing our experience in a manner in which we learn more about who we are and where we come from as a point of reference and origination is clearly a testimony of the LGBT population by addressing all relevant issues that address educational values as a priority, and by asserting that stereotypes of any kind will not be tolerated. That our increasing faith within ourselves is perhaps the sound evidence that we are governed by moral principles that in honestly assessing what it means to be in a sexual minority helps us to strengthen our wits in a way that clearly indicates that as much as we hold to scripture, homosexuals surely are not eunuchs that they are the sound moral disciples capable of such prophetic insight and understanding.

 

 

                Relationship and Integrity- It is the faith of the church that we are all loved by God. Rarely have we seen a calling to help prevent and to cure a disease such as that of HIV/ AIDS which has been seen to be criticized by homophobia. The hotlines addressing gay youth and crisis have been established to improve the chances of those troubled with questions and doubt to allow themselves to accept who they are with the promise that their lives will lead them to a better place. That homosexuals are allowed to enlist in the military is a sign of the integrity of those who choose to do so. The LGBT has understood the issues of relationship and integrity with the greatest forums for counseling and assistance in health related causes more so than almost any population, the very submission by the American Psychiatric Association that homosexuality is normal indicates that homosexual individuals are normal in choosing to live a good life, and one that is a testimony to the bravery and courage in their hearts as evident by the preservation and sustainability of its own population.

                Spirituality, Fulfillment and Satisfaction- Homosexuality is both an end and a means within themselves, they are the outspoken words of God that have given them the will to survive and to speak of love from experience with profound wisdom from the heart, and those principles from which they derive pleasure as being the outspoken motive for wishing to socialize more intently in society in a way that is respectful of others and not corrupt. It is the ability to choose to love to follow God and to live with themselves after such tremendous trials and tribulations that makes the LGBT race one that must be included by those who are making a moral claim to the inspired by a self gratifying method of demonstrating this passion in partnership and kinship with those who are accepting of homosexual orientations

                This essay was written to present to religious bodies that those who benefit the most by their views of morality, are mainly in service to such premises as the quality of the souls, spiritual faith and healing, and the integrity and decency of being a person who is defined by humanity and spiritual values. That the ethical principles for which the church stands are widely practiced by the LGBT population. That ostracism of any kind may imply that the long standing faith of homosexuals in God somehow can be shown by scripture to be of the wrong kind, and that homosexuality is in no means perverse by nature and that the inclusiveness which is testimony of the moral precepts of the church remain open to homosexuality as serving a community within its community, that the very nature of passion and compassion in the awe inspiring motive of love of God be the only doctrine which governs the relationship between the church and homosexuals.



© 2015 Robben


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

166 Views
Added on July 2, 2015
Last Updated on July 2, 2015
Tags: Church, Morality, Homosexuality


Author

Robben
Robben

new York, NY



About
I am an LGBT autor and free lance journalist my articles have appeare in gay life after 40 and The Gay and Lesbian Review I am always looking for new ways to express my writers voice either through fi.. more..

Writing
Psalm 9 Psalm 9

A Poem by Robben


Psalm 8 Psalm 8

A Poem by Robben


Psalm 7 Psalm 7

A Poem by Robben