The Major Works of hannah Arendt

The Major Works of hannah Arendt

A Chapter by Robben
"

This is the complete works

"

“The Works of Hannah Arendt, a Book Summary”

By Robben Wainer

 

          In this essay I will attempt to summarize Hannah Arendt’s major works of philosophy in published books. Hannah Arendt is a feminist philosopher who is critical about the school of male philosophy. It is fascinating to read her match her intellect with the school of reason going back to Socrates. I believe the contribution of Hannah Arendt clearly justifies the statement that the ends justify the means, as her dialectic proves that her clear depiction of modern and post modern philosophy is one that can be understood on a very human level.

          Hannah Arendt, The Life of The Mind, Vol.1 and 2. 1971 Harcourt inc. New York City.

 

The Life of the Mind, By Hannah Arendt.

Thinking is required and carried out for all good and evil actions. Reason is presumed to be loved by mankind. Yet it is proclaimed in modern times that God is dead. Thinking relates to nihilism of evil in the life of truth and reason. The Life of body and mind appear in a state of reality. Yet, the condition of the soul is that life alone is a force, and is one that transcends all physical and mental states. A  life force exists as a form of being.

Reason is both subjective and objective, while thought occurs as a universal experience. Being then appears to be experience, in the dichotomy that what appear is both subjective an objective, yet when the experience of thought appears as being, it is neither subjective nor objective. The present takes place between a person’s birth and death. The future is a train of thought relevant to the present. The past is a train of thought relevant to the present. Therefore all thoughts of experience exist as a train of thought in the present.

On Free will, Arendt says, mankind will always favor considering them self to be free. This consideration of will is taken into account as an act of thinking. That “free will” began in our history as a precedence of Christianity. Free will is inclusive of thought processes and patterns the lead to a means to an end. To will may not be free will, and can be seen as an act of volition or inclination. To will evil in the sense of murder or suicide does not mean that a person has died or will die. “Good Will” is carried out in the spirit to love. This will to love is to love that of truth, justice and God. There are no evil persons, to will evil is merely the absence of the will to love truth, justice and God.

 

 

Hannah Arendt, The Human Condition, 1958. The University of Chicago Press, Chicago, London.

 

The Human Condition By Hannah Arendt.

 

          Human nature is divided amongst labor, work and action. Men are divided between men of though and men of action. Man is not prone to the same mentality as animals. Since between his life and death are many new possibilities, as well as reasons based on thought that condition his life. The nature of the human condition is that man is a social animal, like animals men live amongst men in what otherwise would be a state of barbarism.  Society is divided between the public and the private. The public being his reality in what he achieves in the world. The private is necessary to protect his feelings from being destroyed.

 Arendt divides labor into two classes, slave labor and the labor of reason. Slave labor is based on survival instincts and is one to condition man to be to be treated like an animal. Labor of reason releases the pain of exhaustion and relates to the life cycle in efforts to produce permanence.

Marx saw labor of man to be social labor being that it does not leave man with a life of pain but unites him to a man with men reality, and is the condition of the free man in society. Man has exchanged being a tool maker for that of working with machines. Plato saw that human nature is so industrious he said there will come a time when even the wind will have its sole function cut out by human nature. Man’s means to an end was to create consumerism. Art and work of the passions are assigned an arbitrary value by the market place.

     Arendt differentiates between men of speech, and men of action. Men of action condition the use of labor by the state to justify how a means leads to an end. Men of speech are upheld to be the working of philosophy, as the lives of good Christian’s needs speech as with the ability to forgive and show promise. That men of speech are needed to carry out works of good via the intellect, is what Plato thought give the state values indicative of Christianity.

Hannah Arendt, Between Past and Future. 1954. Penguin Group, N.Y. N.Y.

Between Past and Future  By Hannah Arendt.

 

          That Mankind achieves through violence. This violence is a response to evil in the absence of the good. That tradition says men of speech and men of action achieve through the higher chorus which is that of philosophy. Marx breaks with tradition to say men who labor adorn society by giving its stature the means of production Marx did not abide by the tradition of Plato in the example of the cave when the freed man realizes that human needs are the making of society.

 

          Arendt says that his history is mans attempt at immortality. That history takes place between life and death. That Christianity derives from the political past a sense of natural man, so that men work on their own matters to make life as he sees fit. That the medieval era expelled from it’s view immortality, but included physics and physicians to explore the principles of the universe. Men today feel his immortality is to assert a new life. He may cherish and relish in the principle that this immortality adheres to.

 

          That authority is seen as a product of a totalarian system. That Greek and Romans believed men to be under the authority of the Gods. That when civilization renders its total authority to Christianity it means God consciousness is provided to do good work.

The question of Freedom has extended to all forms of politics since Christianity. Freedom is an art of will and of thought that comes from within. Freedom is not evil that is propositioned by the active philosophers. It is mans mind very much like his passion to will. The freedom to will is to express himself thoughtfully.

The crisis in education arises because adults banished children from society. That is education begins with a formidable interest in the past. That education changes as civilization evolves. Children are torn between living problemed, and imprisoned lives. While we live in a society were education is for the young. Adults protect the correction of children to adhere to truth and justice.  

 

Hannah Arendt. “On Violence,” 1969. Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company, New York, NY. 

On Violence By Hannah Arendt

 

History takes the occurrence of violence for granted, and does not account for it in terms of exploitation. Marx and Lenin support all revolutionary causes, but failed to recognize revolutions goal of violence. Violence has precluded all acts of government in terms of offense and defense throughout human history. Violence is seen to produce the results favored by those who are apt to change social policy.

 

Power, strength, force and authority are all synonymous with the use of violence, That violence as policy leads to totaliarinism whereby violence eats away at its own people in power. Violence is a system to ensure power. To speak of non violence is redundant. Violence is the act of man imposing his will on other men. Others may achieve power by submitting to the will that is imposed upon them.

 

Violence is more apt to produce reform than revolution. Student reform would not be possible without violence. Non violence is not reasonable Science has been researching all forms of aggression. The civil Rights movement was all non violent, but lost its emphasis when the struggle moved to the mixed racial ghettoes. Without violence no reform is possible.

Hannah Arendt. The Promise of Politics 2005, edited by Jerome Kohn. published by Schocken Books.

The Promise of Politics

By Hannah Arendt

Socrates- Plato conjectures must develop an eternal nature That the state must not form a stateless questioning, and ought to be ruled by philosophers.

Socrates Conjectures that there are two forms of thought, and that is that of truth, and that of opinion. Socrates was the first to practice thinking through his ideas with someone else. From this he learns that everyone has a personal truth which is that of their own opinion, he conjectures still what is the greatest truth, eternal truth?, or learning everyone else’s opinion.

Tradition- Tradition has no continuance in the modern world. Actions provide common sense. Religion sustains through obedience and forgiveness. Traditional values rest on assertions to be categorized as attaining lasting altruism and survival sustenance. Philosophical questions pertain to human nature, while traditional values rest on a potential agreement of human nature, and place a hierarchy on the firmament of traditional norms and values. When politics surpass that of the means of survival, tradition loses out by being too benign to render usage in society.

Montesquieu says there are three types of government, Republics, Monarchies and Tyranny. The attributes that coincide with these systems are virtue for Republics, honor for Monarchies, and fear for Tyranny. Plato says the best forms of government are unchanging. Honor in monarchies implies that everyone is different. This allows for love to evolve. The best governments are inclusive of labor’s love of society. Tyranny is a dissension of Democracy, it evolves from systems that have come to ruin.

The history of politics rose before the history of philosophy. Politics is composed of what is mortal and human. Philosophy is composed of what is eternal.

Organized labor is the first potential struggle. Politics sees labor’s struggle as being an archaic bottom. While philosophy which is eternal is on top and requires an end.

To political philosophers tradition is a moral aim that is philosophical. Philosophy will always call this tradition to questions. Tradition is a precarious nature of philosophy that never achieves a political aim.

 Prejudiced is not based on experience, it is based on past judgments. Judgment must take into account the equality amongst all the differences in men.

The meaning of politics is freedom. This makes two potential rights in history. The definition of freedom is to will and to lead, both of these constitute what is a political aim. 

 

Hannah Arendt, On Revolution, 1963 Penguin Books Ltd, Registered Offices: 80 Strand, London WC2R 0RL, England

 

Arendt, Hannah (2006-09-26). On Revolution (Penguin Classics) (p. iii). Penguin Publishing Group. Kindle Edition.

Arendt describes the people working with political power to take ownership of struggle in revolutions as such. Aristotle taught that the best form of government concerns itself with human interest. The French and American revolution were the first revolutions fought to establish governments with Christian Rule. Revolutions are needed to establish freedom and liberation revolution can help us to consider morality as the highest form of government. John Adams wrote we are writing for civil liberties, life, liberty and property.

The American Revolution was fought with the intention The American Revolution was fought with the intention to save the almighty. Both Governments set up by the French and the American Revolutions were interested in the human affair of the people and their loyalty.

The ethics of the American Revolution were more biological than historical. That freedom accentuates the human use of the will. Marx was the greatest theorists of Revolutions. Revolutions are fought to overturn tyranny. Revolutions are not non violent.

The Declarations of Independence and The Constitution extol freedom as a sacred principle and are in which governments have established to be obsequious.

Revolutions occur when the populations is not saved by its worship or loyalties

The American Revolution provided political freedom and political happiness while the war was not fought for Liberation for the American people, when revolutions are not being fought for political freedom and Political happiness, it may be better if they cease to be fought at all. The founding of the American government by the Declaration of independence exist that United States frame a continuation of European of making a world inclusive of it’s being.  

Hannah Arendt, The Jewish Writings, 1930-1960, Edited by,Jeroms Kohn and Ron H Feldman. Shocken Books, New York

 

The Jewish Writings, by Hannah Arendt

 

Jewish success in society was divided amongst then to their abidance to their native equality. Anti Semitism challenged the establishment of government and society while the bourgeoisie was eliminated for its own secular interests. The persecution of the Jewish people by Adolf Hitler killed the Jewish people, and authorized a subservient working class to be administered through out society. The crimes of what the Nazis carried changed the human role by making the embodiment of the faithful to be non- existent. Bureaucracy is what challenged Jews to receive in Government politics the insurance that their race would survive,

Jews integrated into society in an effort to participate in the struggle to liberate the body politic in a way that all Jews could meet a serviceable end, and. the emphasized the inclusion of Jews in Government Politics, and political struggles. Anti Semitism challenged the laws making political Europe anesthetizing the Jews from gaining political power to reign in anarchy, monarchy and oligarchies. The system of Jewish Exemption from Government created the shifting of a means to an end that forced Jews into exile, the underground, and created a temporary state of service that enabled their people to be seized, captured and exiled.

The Jewish question is one of testimony, as Jews recoil into society to remedy the difficulties they face, their integration amongst kindred is one that unleashes a cryptic nuance and upstart of unseen devices, manipulation and frailness. The demonstrable fact that Judaism sets an example of precedence, certitude and expedience, and practice of its own that when paired with thinking tends to ascribe irrational employ of society, the labor of necessity and value. Zion was built on the foundation of fellows of Jewish descent to uphold, rectify and ratify the politics that integrated Jewish life in a world class society of fellow believers and to refrain from resistance to gentiles who have established the foundation and freedom of mankind.

Jewish thinking and religion separates Jews between being the chosen race and the humanity found in their culture. The Jewish religion is one whose philosophy is accountable for all classes and members of society while they provide a service and ascribe to obedience. Jews who have free allegiance to their race and do not take into account the secularization and ghettoized urban fellows, often time fail in their attrition to a verbal and oral communication when accomplishing a means to an end to accomplish unanswerable rendering of voice. Jewish ability then becomes the integration of the past into the present and eradicates the suppression of universal truths.  

 

 

 

          Hannah Arendt, “On Totalitarianism” 1968.Houghton Miflin Harcourt Publishing, New York, N.Y.

 

On Totalitarianism, By Hannah Arendt

 

          Totalitarianism results with the disintegration of the party system. In which the governing mass becomes the ruling party. Nazi Germany and Communist Russia as lead by Hitler and Stalin sought to eliminate the re-orientation of Jews into the class society in order to for the perfect ruling party. The process of elimination was carried out o form one perfect race. Within the diversity of a cultural society, Dictators do not mistake themselves for Gods, while mistaking they are the ruling authority whose sovereignty dictates what and who are first to be counted in the human race, under the conditions of their ruler ship over the population who obeys.

 

          Anti Semitism that was prevalent all throughout Europe, dating back to Thirteenth Century Spain was not a religious conflict, but a political one. The authority of Jewish culture reached a high level of prestige and political glory. The fact that Jewish organizational power served to reinforce the welfare of Judaism created for them a political conflict, whereby beginning with the first monarchies, the ruler ship of Europe sought to rectify what for them became a class struggle by breaking down all political leadership that ruled in dissent, by division and elimination of the Jews in an effort to gain total authority over nationalism and dictate leadership over the population.

 

          Tyranny is the overthrow of past political systems by the majority. Anti Semitism has prevailed in Europe for two thousand years. Europe has defended the annihilation of the Jews based on anti Semitism. Jews have defended their ostracism and role in society based on Anti Semitic argument. Jews flourished in all roles of society by the state. Nazi Germany was opposed to nationalism, and created for the first time an Anti Christian, Anti Semitic state. Jews were exterminated based on arguments used in defense as being characteristic of Jewish Society. Europe used the Anti Semitic arguments and actions to eliminate the hated Jews and their society.

 

          Equality is seen to be a quality that human beings have with each other. As aristocracy unfolded into becoming the ruling authority it became necessary to become educated. Educated Jews were assimilationists who inwardly took pride in their ghettoized, urbanized education, but who hid their roots and their past from society in the name of conforming. Judaism was taken to be an exotic rule left to self expression. As Jews were lead to form a mass, the assimilationists formed a Messianic Religion known as an Orthodox sect. Jews believed they were the chose race and the chosen people for class ruler ship. Judaism was thought to be a crime contingent upon non conformity, or a vice whose punishment maybe met with extermination. The extermination of Jewish vice was carried out by Nazi Germany, as Jews were guilty of forming their own authority and aristocracy.



© 2016 Robben


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

148 Views
Added on February 7, 2016
Last Updated on February 7, 2016


Author

Robben
Robben

new York, NY



About
I am an LGBT autor and free lance journalist my articles have appeare in gay life after 40 and The Gay and Lesbian Review I am always looking for new ways to express my writers voice either through fi.. more..

Writing
Psalm 9 Psalm 9

A Poem by Robben


Psalm 8 Psalm 8

A Poem by Robben


Psalm 7 Psalm 7

A Poem by Robben