Epilogue

Epilogue

A Chapter by R.I Liebhaber
"

It's the epilogue

"
EPILOGUE

I am so exited packing to leave for summer vacation. I mean don't get me wrong it's not that I hate my hometown here in Utah. It's just that I really wanted a change and Im really going to have it.
Mom got a job as cleaner in California. I still don't believe it. The family where mom is gonna work will let me stay there in the summer for free; but mom said that I have to help her and behave, as I never behave.
California for the summer there's almost nothing cooler than that. I'll be there all summer or I hope so. The sad and bad thing is when summer is over mom will stay in Cali and I'll go back to Utah. She is staying as long as one the family fire her or two she got a better job. But I daub that she'll get a better one, and I am not overreacting. But mom and dad are both illegal immigrants so there aren't plenty of options and this family is willing to pay more than enough money.
Meanwhile dad is working in Utah almost all day but that's not enough to pay the bills so mom have to get this amazing cool job in California, yeah babe.
I'm so exited for this trip. I did my list of thing to do. Like learn to surf; well not very well but hey I'm a good learner. I'm a year ahead in school. I'm going to be a sixth grader in September. Right now I feel on top of the world.
We're leaving tomorrow morning.

I couldn't sleep. This thing of California keep me awake. Thinking all the cool stuff I'm gonna do.
Mom told me that the family is cool, well she said that they're such a nice people, the mother is so kind, the father is a workaholic, and they have two kids, john, he is 13 years, and Molly, who is just a baby, she is barely one year old. Maybe I'll babysit her. She also said that I'll get along with john, he is just 3 years older than me so maybe we can be friends. He could teach me how to be a cool guy.
California Here we go.
-mijo this is gonna be so fun- my mom say in her English and I believe her.
When we are in the bus station we hope on a SUV and mrs. O'brian greet us,
Hi gaby how was the journey? I can think It was exhausting. Hi there you must be Daniel. Welcome to California- she said that with a smile in her face- this is Molly my baby girl- who was in her baby sit- ok then let's head home.
In the road mrs O'brian told us about lots and lots of things that in one moment I didn't pay attention at all.
well we are in home.
She showed us around the house and told us to make us comfortable.
The house was incredible, it was huge. A tow story long house. Very American style. And in the back yard had a swimming pool.
That was the first thing I planned to do. Swim until my skin looked like an old people skin.
-ma I'm going to swim- told my mom
-ok, but don't too much. We don't want to cause problems. Ok?
I just nodded.
after a long, and I mean long long, time swimming I heard a boy's voice
-hey!! What the heck are you doing in my house?!?
When I look at the boy whose was the owner of that voice. I couldn't believe that. That boy with dirty blonde hair, tan skin that looks like the boy is too much outside, tall, but what almost killed me was those gray eyes, my god I though I was in heaven. I know that I'm different, I don't pay attention at girls as I do with boys. I like them. I'm attracted to them.
After studying every inch of him I answer him.
-ammm.... Hi I'm staying here the summer....
Before I ended my sentence mrs O'brian went to my rescue.
-Hon!! This is Daniel. Gaby's son. The guy I told ya about. He will stay with us all summer. Please be friendly
So this is John, wow I mean just wow.
He just stared at me for a second before he left without saying other thing. He looked annoyed with me being there,
I think I fell in love in that moment. I had my summer crush.


At the next morning ma woke me up at 7. Was she serious? And told me that she needed help. My morning started like this.
-why don't you make your famous omelette?- that was the first thing mom asked me. And by the way my omelets are the best in all west Utah. Just kidding.
That morning was so busy with a lot of work. Yes I worked.
At breakfast I meet mr, O'brian. I know where all the good looking of john comes from. I had breakfast with them, as a other member of the family. Mr. And mrs. O'brian asked me so many things. But john just ignored me. I wanted his attention.
-John why don't you show Daniel around, i dunno maybe you can go with your friends- mr O asked him. Jonh just nodded and after that he leave the table room
-sorry hon about my son but he's upset because he couldn't go to summer camp -mrsO told me. Excusing his behavior.

The first month fly so fast. I don't know what happened with my summer. By this time I have a routine, I wake up at 7 am to help my mother. Clean most of the times. At noon get to the pool and swim until 3 after that sometimes hang out with mrs O and Moly other times just go around.
I went to LA and saw the Hollywood signal. It was amazing. We were all O'brian family, mom and I. I talked with jonh, we talked about games, sports, which I don't like,and that was awesome. All was cool.

And June became July and the. we were In august. All my summer was gone. And that was so sad. Yeah I had lost of fun, had my crush, jonh ignored me most of the time and I didn't mind because I know he'll never gonna see me like I want but at least i could see him.
I said Goodbye. My dad was picking me up. I cried a little when I said bye to mom. And she promised me that we would see soon. And when i was leaving I saw jonh and he said "see you soon buddy. Gonna miss ya" and that made my hearth melt. Deep down I knew that for him were empty words but for me they were more that just word. They were my mantra. Hope to see him again.


© 2014 R.I Liebhaber


Author's Note

R.I Liebhaber
Bad grammar

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

It's the prologue not epilogue sorry

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

143 Views
1 Review
Added on December 13, 2014
Last Updated on December 13, 2014


Author

R.I Liebhaber
R.I Liebhaber

Garden grove , CA



About
I'm a writer wannabe... I really love read so I liked the idea of making my own stories :) I love sad endings but there are not so much so here I am.... (: more..

Writing