Chapter 1 :)

Chapter 1 :)

A Chapter by Romalina
"

:):):) For every girl who has ever been in love.

"

:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):)


Anne's P.O.V -


You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.

My actual name is Anneliese,but seriously that is like Victorian age or something.

Trust my mother to name me after a 16th century French queen. Well actually its not that unexpected, She's supposed to be an expert on the history of medieval France.

That is why I get a straight A on my history paper. You would too if you had to listen to boring three hour speeches on the ways of clothing during the French Revolution. My home is filled up to the ceiling with books on the subject.

Sometimes, I think my mom lives in the past rather than in the present.

My childhood bedtime stories did not have fairy tale endings in them,usually they had horrible war stories which gave me nightmares instead of sweet dreams.


"Anne, hey! Anne."Crap. I realized I had been staring at him again.
Carter.
My next door neighbor and my crush for as long as I can remember. He was not the most handsome, but he was the center of my life. Black wavy hair and the gray eyes.....


"Anne !!!"


"Hmm....."

I reluctantly turn to Rose.She actually looks like a flower with her heart shaped face and red hair. Naturally beautiful with a sleek, slender figure made her stand out.
The only problem is that she looks annoyed.


"I'm so sorry. Yes, Rose, I am coming to your place tomorrow night for the sleepover." Her face relaxes. I know her too well.
For reassurance, I add "Mom will be fine. She'll probably be asleep."
Rose has a crazy protectiveness for my mother. The crease on her forehead finally disappears.


"I know you will. Will it even make a difference if I told you to stop staring at him?"
Oops..

Caught in the act. It is eerie sometimes the way we can always tell what the other is thinking.
I simply sigh in answer.


"I seriously can't understand this. You both live 25 yards apart, you know him for the past...what ....12 years? You see him every day. Why can't you ..I don't know .. drop a hint or something??"


That is the problem. I've known Carter since childhood. I have seen his parent's funeral after the car accident. I have loved his grandma forever. I have loved him forever.
But the thought of confessing just never seems right.

I used to have sleepovers which gradually stopped. We grew up but my love for him didn't.

I go see his grandma everyday with a flower that I tuck away softly in her neat bun.
She's the prettiest lady I have ever met and she has a heart of gold. I know Carter loves her more than his life.
He lives for her, I just wish, he could live a little bit for me too.


Carter's P.O.V �"


She walks in beauty, like the night of cloudless climes and starry skies; And all that's best of dark and bright meet in her aspect and her eyes.


Anne and I don't walk home from school together. We never have.
But we live next door to each other on Penrose street.
Right next door.


Anne usually walks home early while I have baseball practice. But when I reach home, she's always there, talking to Grandma, fussing over her and there is always a flower in Grandma's hair.
That flower reminds me of Anne.

I shove my hands in my pockets, my eyes falling to the familiar cracks in the sidewalk beneath me. The wind carries scents of the neighbour hood up to me as I walked down the road. Dirt, rubber, grass, flowers reminding me of home, of her.

The houses in the street are small and crooked, but the trees are large and stand up tall.
Large Oaks stretch their canopies over the leaking roofs and peeling paint of the houses, keeping the secrets in and sunlight out.


I reach home and quietly make my way upstairs to the second floor of the apartment. The door creaks open and sure enough, Anne's there.
She's always been here and she always will be... one of the things I can count on....and she's one of the most beautiful girls I have ever seen with her natural black curls and the most gorgeous brown eyes.


Currently, she is engrossed in baking a fresh batch of cupcakes with Grandma. We get along with the insurance money but Grandma likes to have an ever flowing business of baked goods and Anne loves to be her assistant.

I accidentally bump the table and the noise shatters the silence. They both jerk up.


"Oh..Hey, Carter!" Anne smiles at me, making me melt. Today Grandma's bun has a bunch of periwinkles, the pink color highlighting her auburn hair.


"Carter, Your shoes!" Grandma chides. I look down at my dirty sneakers and mutter "Sorry Grandma" giving her a sheepish grin.


Anne starts preparing to leave. She never talks to me here. The only time I actually see her talk is when we meet at the tree house.

The tree house was built with a few weeks of work in the summer hols in the second grade, a month before the car accident which killed my parents. Since then, we have a place to ourselves..


When my parents died, I thought my world would come to an end. Standing in the church in my borrowed mourning black, I was dimly aware of Grandma standing beside me, the other mourners huddled around the grave.
Great, dark clouds had gathered over the cemetery and I knew them for what they were.

The End.

Poised to unleash some terrible wrath and sweep us all right out. I let go of Grandma's hand, for I was ready to be swept away. Yet, somehow I still found myself standing at the end of the ceremony.

I stooped and cast a handful of earth atop the casket, accepted a lily from the vicar and joined the train of black clad figures trailing back.


But I couldn't leave them there. I wanted to sit there and scream my anger at the unfairness of the world and that's where Anne came in.

She sent grandma back with her mother and we walked to the tree house where I wept and she didn't stop me.
Instead, she simply held me all along, hugged me and told me that it was going to be all right.

And that was when I started loving her, so much so that my heart ached.



© 2016 Romalina


Author's Note

Romalina
Thank you for spending those precious moments reading this :) I hope you think your time was well spent :)
I really hope you do me a favor by leaving a review here <3
Stay amazing!

xoxoxoxo
Romalina

P.S- To all the girls, its your time to find the special one now ;) Stay beautiful!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

My news isn't good, unfortunately—though it's not about you, your talent, or the story.

Simply put, what you're presenting is a transcription of you telling the story aloud. But you're talking to the reader in a voice they can't hear. So the emotion that fills it when you read the story is a monotone to the reader. Those little pauses, the breath taken for emphasis, and the changes in intensity? Missing, too.

Your expressive gestures are gone, as well as the body language, your expressive eye movements and the smile and frowns that show emotion. All the reader gets is the bare, words. And they won't mean to the reader what they mean to you because your reader has a different background. Their culture will be slightly different, so the importance of things changes from what you intended. And, they may be of a different age and even gender. So no way in hell can a transcription of you talking about the story work because the performance is unseen and unheard.

That's why the page has an entirely different set of writing tools and approaches to do the same task, and it explains why the film and print versions of stories always differ.

Not good news, I know, but it's a common problem because in our schooling, unless one of our teachers is a succesful writer, no one tells us—or even knows.

But since is is a common problem the fix is one we all need, which is to pick up some of the tricks the pros take for granted. And since you managed to perfect the nonfiction writing skills we're taught as they train us for future employment, you've demonstrated that you can learn the tricks needed for fiction just as easily.

So the bad news is that you're not going to be rich and famous from your writing this year. But if you work at it...

Check the local library system's fiction writing department. You'll find advice on perfecting your skills from agents, publishers and authors. And if you are meant to be a writer you'll find the information fun, like going backstage at the theater.

My personal suggestion is to spend a few dollars on Debra Dixon's, GMC: Goal Motivation & Conflict. It's an easy, warm read, and well worth the time.

And finally, a thought on the story: We begin knowing that she loves him. We also know that he loves her. And, we know that in the end they're going to figure that out. So why would we bother reading on till they wake up?

Posted 7 Years Ago


OMG I LOVE THIS STORY SO MUCH!

THE SUMMARY ALONE IS FANTASTICALLY WRITTEN. SO ENGROSSING AND JUST THE FLUENCY JUST GAVE ME THE GOOSEBUMPS!

AND I BEGIN READING

AND SUCH WONDERFUL WRITING AND THE CHARACTERS ARE SO FRAGILE WITH THEIR HEARTS AND JUST AAAAAAWWWW THESE KINDS OF THINGS MAKE A WONDERFUL LOVE STORY.

I love weakness in the heart for love stories~

Of course there are a few grammatical errors here and there....

I JUST LOOOVE IT. NOT JOKING. SERIOUSLY. KEEP WRITING THIS!

I AM SAYING THIS FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART. I MEAN IT WHEN I SAY THIS!

PLEEEEAAAAASE KEEP WRITING THIS!

Thank you~

Posted 8 Years Ago


I found your first chapter to be very interesting and would not mind reading more! It seems to me you have a solid start on a great story! Keep going!

Posted 8 Years Ago


A sweet chapter! I liked the background of the first character. That was very interesting. Try to add something like that for the other character as well, perhaps? Thanks for sharing!

Posted 8 Years Ago


I liked the story. A gentle and honest tone. I like the use of family value and love winning over sadness. I like the part with the grandmother. Thank you for sharing the excellent chapter.
Coyote

Posted 8 Years Ago


This seems to be a beautiful love story. With love, expressing things seems easier than climbing the everest. I felt it too. Everyone feels so. Waiting to read new chapters. Thanks for sharing. It's a nice beginning.

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

152 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 13, 2016
Last Updated on January 13, 2016
Tags: love, romance, sweet, teen fiction, highschool, friends, adventure, new age


Author

Romalina
Romalina

CA



About
I love all my beautiful readers!! So do check out my works :) If you are writing a story and want it to be read... I do honest critiques :) I am also up for reading requests :) If you just wa.. more..

Writing
welcome :) welcome :)

A Chapter by Romalina


FORM :) FORM :)

A Chapter by Romalina