Is this just a dream

Is this just a dream

A Poem by Rosaria_V
"

Love is a powerful thing

"
Writing these words on paper like an open heart on my sleeve.
Writing the words I used to say when I was just 16.
When I saw your face, my heart couldn't erase the memory of your sweet song. It took me away.
You had my heart from the very beginning and I remember all the times I've said, "I'm going to marry him some day, just watch and see." and I believed it everyday.

Baby I'll be sitting here waiting till forever until I finally know, if this is just a dream.
I find myself dreaming with my eyes wide open, and this is what I see. You looking at me as you 
go to one knee and say how life isn't worth living if there is no you with me.
prepared to selflessly share the rest of my life with him, this is just a dream.

It's five years down the line and I still cannot find anyone that 
makes my heart beat so fast and slows it down at the very same time. and still today,
I feel it in my heart and within my soul that the heaven matched our hearts before we ever came to be. Is this just a dream?!
That somewhere down the line our paths would cross and we would finally meet 
and it would feel like our hearts found it's missing piece. It feels just like my dream.

Baby I'll be sitting here, waiting till forever until I finally know, if this is just a dream.
I find myself dreaming with my eyes wide open, and this is what I see. You looking at me as the starts align and our future falls into place .
feeling ready to spend the rest of my life loving him, is this is just a dream?

I think of the day when our eyes first met. You looked at me and 
you said my name. The calmest I've ever been. My heart felt safe as you reach out your hand to me. I walked away that day praying I would see you again, remembering the love I found in my dreams. Hoping for a chance.
Even now that your away, I'm holding on to faith thinking of forever, keeping this feeling close to me.
Forever keeping faith until it's time, till I can finally see... if you are just a dream.

 I'll be sitting here waiting till forever, I'll keep holding on until I finally know... if this is just a dream.
I find myself dreaming with my eyes wide open, and this is what I see. You looking at me and I see what was always meant to be
i'm ready to love him, this is just a dream....
Is this just a dream?
 

© 2013 Rosaria_V


Author's Note

Rosaria_V
I loved being able to pour my heart out in this piece. For someone who has yet to find love, I do love writing about the feelings I might feel and what I can imagine it would be like. I for one love writing about dreams and what keeps you grounded and positive. I hope that with reading this poem or any of my poems and writing, that you leave with a sense of peace and smile. Please always believe and remember that a dream is truly a wish your heart makes xoxo Thanks for reading guys!!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I can tell you felt this piece. Love is a eternal thing. I say that and people say no because you can fall out of love. I truly think that people don't stop loving they just feel hurt because that love feels betrayed. We dream and live love. It is a universal thing that touches from one person to the next. I love the use of dreams and faithful waiting in this poem. Even in your dreams you wait for love. Awesome!

Posted 10 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Rosaria_V

10 Years Ago

I couldn't agree with you more!! Thank you :D
Clara

10 Years Ago

I agree with Eddie! :)
Rosaria_V

10 Years Ago

haha thanks love!



Reviews

"A dream is a wish your heart makes" ... yes, I believe this is true.

From one dreamer to another...You have a beautiful heart or you couldn't write with such tenderness. Love will find you. Keep dreaming my friend.

:) Julie



Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Rosaria_V

10 Years Ago

Awww your so sweet! And u have a beautiful heart as well! Xoxo
Oh wow,

this is an amazing romantic poem I ever seen you got skills and talent, I also dream a lot of when to be wedded.
your very faithful and true to the man you love
you are an amazing person never stop writing keep going. don't let anyone tell you that you can't do something , you can't write because you can you got the same talent as I do never throw it away
I just love how this shines.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Rosaria_V

10 Years Ago

beyond blown away
Rosaria_V

10 Years Ago

thank you so much!!
Jasmine Michel'le Brown

10 Years Ago

your welcome
this is written so perfectly, i love every word!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Rosaria_V

10 Years Ago

Awww wow thank you sooo much pretty girl
Rosa I use that quote a lot "A dream is a wish your heart makes". We can't control our dream anymore that we can pick and chose for our heart who it will love. I love the line "makes my heart beat so fast that it slows it down at the same time". Your young and love will come. My advice would be no rushing it.. It's when you are Not looking cupid will call. Great lyrical poem. I felt myself wanting to hum as I read. xo Rose

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Rosaria_V

10 Years Ago

Awwww and no I know not to rush anything, I am a believer in having things happen when they are mean.. read more
Nervous? Don't be...you just get better and better (...not to mention, the topic of LOVE can never be overdone)
This is a strong bit of writing that pulls the reader into the (or "your") core so effectively without trading freedom of heart for darkness. Dark writes are fine in moderation, but personally, I prefer hearts to say "I shall hope...I shall love again!"

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Rosaria_V

10 Years Ago

Awww thanks!
I can tell you felt this piece. Love is a eternal thing. I say that and people say no because you can fall out of love. I truly think that people don't stop loving they just feel hurt because that love feels betrayed. We dream and live love. It is a universal thing that touches from one person to the next. I love the use of dreams and faithful waiting in this poem. Even in your dreams you wait for love. Awesome!

Posted 10 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Rosaria_V

10 Years Ago

I couldn't agree with you more!! Thank you :D
Clara

10 Years Ago

I agree with Eddie! :)
Rosaria_V

10 Years Ago

haha thanks love!
This is very beautiful, and the love is clear in this poem:) Great job!!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Rosaria_V

10 Years Ago

Thank you, I always get a little nervous when posting but always hope to do a good enough job having.. read more

2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

644 Views
17 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 7, 2013
Last Updated on September 8, 2013

Author

Rosaria_V
Rosaria_V

NY



About
My name is Rosaria, Rosie for short :) I love to help people and want to be a teacher for children with special needs. This has been a passion of mine forever. ♫♥ Good things comes to th.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..