3- Gwen- A New Friend?

3- Gwen- A New Friend?

A Chapter by Harley Rose
"

Gwen and Heidi may be different but they are similar too...

"

As soon as the bell rang, for the end of class, everyone ran out the door to their friends. I however meandered along to my locker and headed to my next class. The day seemed to be going by in a blur and I felt a little sea sick. 

Next thing I knew the final bell was ringing and I was packing up my things to leave. Unlike everyone else in my class, I didn't have to hurry because I was driving myself and had nowhere special I was supposed to be.   

The buses had already left by the time I closed my locker and was headed out. It was pouring outside and I felt bad for those kids who thought today would be a great day to ride their bike. As passed the double doors of the freshman hallway I nearly ran into someone running at full tilt, try to catch the bus I would guess. She stopped to say sorry and I realized it was Heidi from my Biology class.

"You know the buses already left right?" I was actually curious.

"Oh, s**t! At my old school they left at 3:20." She seemed honestly upset.

"Well, here they leave at 3:15," I stated.

"Crap! I gotta walk home."

"I wouldn't do that. It's pouring. You'll get soaked 5 minutes out the doors."

"I live close enough.... I think."

"You don't even know where you live!" This surprised me.

"Well, I do. I just don't know the way from here."

I sighed. "Fine. I'll give you a ride. Just tell me your address. I've got GPS."

"No, I couldn't trouble you or your mom like that!"

"My mom? I drive myself."

"You can drive?"

"Well duh!" I answered like it was a normal thing.

She thought for a moment. "Fine, but tomorrow I'm gonna bring you cookies to make up for it."

"Cookies?"

"Yeah. What's your favorite."

"Ummm.... Chocolate Chip I guess." I love cookies.

"Okay. You got it. One batch of Chocolate Chip cookies!"

I hope they were good. "You better not poison them." I said without thinking.

"Why would I ever do that?" She sounded like she had heard it before, not as an insult but a joke. She smiled. Her smile was contagious I guess 'cause it made me want to smile too.

We ran to the car and by the time we got there we were soak to the bone. I cranked the heater and we drove and chatted. I never talk to any one like this so why now. My thoughts were interrupted by a growling noise. What was that? It sounded like a stomach growling.

"S-sorry." Heidi said looking embarrassed. "I didn't eat lunch."
"It's fine. School lunches suck." I laughed. "Here." I handed her one of my extra granola bars from my bag. 

"Thanks, I owe you one."

"Just put extra chocolate chips on my cookies." I said not fully kidding. We both laughed.

"You got it!" 

And this is how a friendship sprouted.



© 2013 Harley Rose


Author's Note

Harley Rose
Thoughts? Is it going too fast? Are Heidi and Gwen developing as characters or is it not enough detail? or maybe there is too much detail? Please, let me know.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Ya it is rushed, need more personality, and character development. Other then that I like where it is going.. =]

Posted 11 Years Ago


Harley Rose

11 Years Ago

Thanks! Will do!
The only thing I caught was you said such instead of suck when describing school lunches. Other than that, well done. I want to see what happens with Gwen and Heidi. Seriously, KEEP WRITING!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

133 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 25, 2013
Last Updated on March 5, 2013


Author

Harley Rose
Harley Rose

Terabithia, Past The Bridge



About
I don't like drama or self centered people... I have a rather mature mind for my age so most subjects of conversations I'm used to, but if you message me, don't try and pull me into your drama. .. more..

Writing
Untitled Untitled

A Story by Harley Rose