Invitation

Invitation

A Chapter by Harley Rose

   The bustling of the hallway, a common Friday afternoon ritual. Everyone wanting to get out of this dreaded prison of a school. Going to see friends or just hang around at home. I walk slowly to my locker. I have nowhere to be, nor do I ever. Never have I 'hung out' on a Friday evening, or the rest of the weekend for that matter.
      As I rounded the corner, I was nearly plowed over by someone. A boy. He was tall and muscular, hence why I was nearly planted on my butt. He held me steady, making sure that I wouldn't fall. He leans in to talk over the chatter of escapees. "Hey, Zo. Sorry about that, didn't see you."
       "Damen, what did I say about personal space?"
       Damen took a step back, blushing."S-sorry, Zo."
       "What are you such a rush about anyway?"
       "Well, actually, I was trying to find you," he answered, still blushing.
       "What for, may I ask?"
       "Um- Well. You see," he paused, "Um- Well, there is this party..."
       "What about it?"
       "I was wondering, you know, if you weren't doing anything..." He turned red, his hands shaking.
       "Wait. Are you asking me to go?"
       He sighed with relief. "With me." He looked at the floor, not wanting to make eye contact.
       "When is it?"
       He took a deep breath and answered, "Tonight."
       "Oh." I pull my long sleeves over the palms of my hands. "Uh. This is kinda last minute isn't it?"
       "I know, but-"
       "Time wise, when is it?" I interrupt him.
       "It starts at 7."
       "Well that would give me time to do my homework and..." I said to my self more than to him.
       "So you will go?" Damen smiled and looked honestly excited.
       "Sure, I guess. Whatever."
       "Awesome! I'll pick you up around 6:30." He brushed past me and turned back to say, "I'll call you when I leave my house, okay?"
        "Fine. See you then, I guess." I proceeded to my locker and grabbed my bag and car keys. This was going to be a long night.


© 2013 Harley Rose


Author's Note

Harley Rose
Thoughts? Sorry it is so short...

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

A good piece. The girl talks way above high school. I think you are goin for that though. She has an attitude which I enjoy. I enjoyed it and it makes me want more.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Maybe a little more detail, and description of the guy and watch out for changes in past tense and present tense, but besides that its a good beginning.

Posted 11 Years Ago


hmmmmm seems interesting, im curious where this will go....seems like miss zo has a little bit if an attitude :P

Posted 11 Years Ago


Harley Rose

11 Years Ago

thank you
C.C. Marx

11 Years Ago

my pleasure :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

196 Views
3 Reviews
Added on April 3, 2013
Last Updated on April 9, 2013


Author

Harley Rose
Harley Rose

Terabithia, Past The Bridge



About
I don't like drama or self centered people... I have a rather mature mind for my age so most subjects of conversations I'm used to, but if you message me, don't try and pull me into your drama. .. more..

Writing
Untitled Untitled

A Story by Harley Rose