Home

Home

A Chapter by Harley Rose

I walked into my mess of a room and straight to my bed. I tripped over something and gracefully fell on me bed, flat on my face. "Damn it. You really should clean up in here, Zo," I said aloud to myself. "Just not tonight.”

Grabbing my homework and throwing my bag on my bed, I went downstairs to the kitchen. I don't know why I felt the need to be in the kitchen so much, maybe it was how, and well, homey it felt. "Well no use just sitting around," I mumbled. I opened my book and began to work.

            A little while later, I finished my work. I looked at the clock. "Quarter after 5. Food?" My stomach replied to my thought with a growl. "Yes, food." 

            Opening the fridge, I scanned for some good food. I settled with leftover Mac and Cheese and ran upstairs as it was in the microwave.

            "What to wear, what to wear." I walk over to my clean clothes pile and skimmed through it. Yes, I said clean clothes pile, I'm never motivated to put them away. Plus, it makes it easier to find stuff. I pulled out a pair of black skinny jeans that were rather flattering and a soft blue t-shirt that would go nice with it. I may not care what others think of me but it is fun to look nice every once in a while.

            I placed said clothing on my bed just as I heard the microwave beep from downstairs and ran to go eat. As I eat my food, I texted my mom telling her that I was going out tonight and I would be back around midnight. She said it was fine and that was that. I was going to a party. Just thinking it sounded strange.       

            I sighed, putting my dirty dish in the sink. “I guess I’m going to have to be social. Lovely,” I said with sarcasm in my voice. But honestly, I was a little excited, and nervous too.

            I ran back upstairs to change, glancing at my shelf to see my little paper crane that he gave me. My nerves calmed and I grabbed my leather jacket and a nice pair of heels. Now all there is to do was wait.

And wait I did. Damen showed up 20 minutes late. But it didn’t really mind. I checked my hair and sprinted out the door, nearly falling right into him. “S-sorry, Damen,” I mumbled, embarrassed.

He laughed. “Looks like we switched places, huh?” My cheeks turned scarlet. “It’s fine. Come on, we’re late.”

“Hey, it’s not my fault.”

“I know. I’m sorry, something came up.” He avoided eye contact. I was confused and I guess he could see that because he said, “Don’t worry about it. But we really do gotta go.”

I hopped in the passenger seat and we laughed and talked the whole ride there. Maybe tonight wouldn’t be so bad after all.

“You look great by the way.” Damen said out of nowhere, blushing.

“T-thank you. You don’t look too bad yourself.” And he didn’t. A faded black tee and some tight, but not too tight, jeans. Damn, he looked hot. Only now did it begin to set in that he was my date for tonight. I blushed at the thought.

We got out of the car and walked towards the home that was hosting the party. The music leaked through the cracks and reached my ears before I could even make out silhouettes in the windows. 



© 2013 Harley Rose


Author's Note

Harley Rose
Thoughts?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is a good piece. I liked getting to know this slightly awkward girl and then you brought in Damen and now I wonder what is next. It was enjoyable to read.

Posted 10 Years Ago


I like it, but it needs more. It seems a little too fast, you might want to slow it down and add more detail. For having it be in first person maybe describe more how she feels about the party and going with Damen. Maybe add some internal conflict. Read over it there are grammar problems and a few sentences that are hard to read.
I liked your hook, but maybe enhance it and maybe have him avoid eye contact and change the subject. It will make the reader want to know even more.
Hope this helps. I am looking forward to reading more. Great Chapter!!!!!!!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


this is really good


Posted 11 Years Ago


Harley Rose

11 Years Ago

thank you
good start it would interest readers
was wondering when he was going to tell her she looked nice*)
I do have to say I wonder what he is hiding-which would only keep a reader going
I would read more-I really only read true crime....but I might read some more of this
thank you for sharing

Posted 11 Years Ago


Harley Rose

11 Years Ago

Thank you

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

208 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 19, 2013
Last Updated on April 29, 2013


Author

Harley Rose
Harley Rose

Terabithia, Past The Bridge



About
I don't like drama or self centered people... I have a rather mature mind for my age so most subjects of conversations I'm used to, but if you message me, don't try and pull me into your drama. .. more..

Writing
Untitled Untitled

A Story by Harley Rose