Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by Jackie

Maddy's eyes closed. Her bed felt more comfortable than anything else ever had, her fatigue dragging her towards a deep slumber. Right before she was pushed past the point of no return, she heard a slight knocking that had the same effect as pouring ice cold water on her tired form. Her head lifted slightly, glaring at the door in front of her, before lowering it back onto the cloud  she liked to call her pillow. Thinking the interruption would dissipate if she ignored it completely, she closed her eyes once more.

The knocking appeared again, this time much louder. With a groan likely heard for a few rooms in either direction, she forced herself out of bed, shivering at the cool metal as she opened the door. Much to  her dismay, there was no one on the other side. Slamming it shut, once again annoying her neighbors, she threw herself onto her mattress, bouncing a bit on the springy surface. This was the third time this week some stupid kid decided to wake her up at -- she hit the button to light up her phone screen and had to stop herself from letting out another  groan -- two in the morning. Tossing her phone aside, she placed an arm across her eyes. 

When she tried once more to fall asleep, Maddy noticed something different, something odd. There was a feeling on the edge of her consciousness; a small tugging sensation, like that of a toddler trying to get their parent's attention. Already more awake than she wanted to be, the girl decided to give in. She pushed both the real world and the temptation of sleep out of her mind, following her instincts. 

In the back of her mind, in the same way that she sensed the tugging, she saw a green light. She reached for it, as much as anyone's mind can reach for anything. As she felt herself growing closer and closer to the source, the pull grew stronger. Though she knew otherwise, Maddy would have sword she was running into the blackness, needing to  reach her destination in the expanse that expanded outwards  in every direction indefinitely.

After what felt like years -- but I can assure you was only minutes -- Maddy's entire world was encompassed by the glow. Then went black.


© 2018 Jackie


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

92 Views
Added on April 9, 2018
Last Updated on April 9, 2018


Author

Jackie
Jackie

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Jackie


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Jackie


Chapter 3 Chapter 3

A Chapter by Jackie