Ancient story: creation myth

Ancient story: creation myth

A Story by Foster Clarke
"

Creation myth of the culture to go along with the society in Ancient story chapter 1

"
Long ago, there was a Great Spirit who was made of the brightest light you have ever known. The Great spirit juggled the moon and the sun for Earth. Earth gave birth to the trees and animals as a gift for the Great Spirit. The Great Spirit saw these gifts and was curious.
The Great Spirit created one creature that looked like many of the animals and called it Nams. The Great Spirit commanded Nams to go to Earth and look at everything. And so Nams did as was asked. Nams looked at the dirt and saw it was Earth's skin. Nams looked at the rivers and oceans and realised they came from Earth's eyes. Nams felt the air and found it came from Earth's breath. Nams felt heat from a fire and saw it was Earth's hair. Nams saw the light and saw it came from the Great Spirit. Nams also saw the darkness and saw that it seemed to come from nowhere. Nams knew there was more to learn but had learned so much that it was now time to go back to the Great Spirit. Nams showed the Great Spirit that he could now control a little bit of Earth but that there was still more to learn.

The Great Spirit then made a second creature that was cloaked and covered in bandages. This creature was called Adoz. Nams told Adoz to look at the birth and death of the animals. Adoz did as was told. For a long time Adoz looked at these moments till one day Adoz could see the spirits of the animals enter and exit the bodies. Adoz then could either the or put the spirits in the bodies. But there were still mysteries. So when Adoz finished showing what had been learned to the Great Spirit it was suggested that the Great Spirit make one more.

The Great Spirit then made a third creature. This one was mostly gold but was human in face. The Great Spirit would name it Proas. Adoz told Proas what they had learned so far and told Proas to look at the trees. Proas did as was told. For a long time Proas watched the trees. From birth till death Proas watched the trees. Some trees fell, others burned. Eventually Proas was able to see when the trees were born when they would die and how they would die. As Proas watched the last one fall Proas saw how some of the birds flew as the tree died. Some were killed by branches and others were missed by all the branches and were safe. Proas saw these animals and to a closer look at them. He saw many animals lives and saw how they acted and how it effected their death. Soon Proas was able to see from birth what would happen to them just from looking into their eyes. Proas then went back to the Great Spirit and said there is nothing left to learn.

The Great Spirit was impressed by what the Three had learned. The Great Spirit then went over and dug out Earth's heart and squashed it. The Great Spirit then took the moon and smashed it repeatedly into Earth's head. That is why we have the dark spots on the moon today.

The Great Spirit then commanded the Three to create a new Earth but as the Great Spirit of light turned Proas saw into the Great Spirit's eyes. In that moment Proas saw all the things that the Great Spirit had done. Proas saw this exact scene play out five times. And Proas saw that the Great Spirit planned to kill them after the new Earth was created and start all over again.

The Great Spirit then left and Proas told Adoz and Nams what had happened. The Three then planned to kill the Great Spirit.

When the Great Spirit returned Proas and Adoz grabbed the Great Spirit's arms. Nams immediately dug into the Great Spirit's chest with physical darkness only to realise the Great Spirit had dug out the heart already and it had become the sun. Nams quickly cut the Great Spirit into many small pieces and scattered them across the void making the stars.

Now the only thing they had left was the Great Spirit's final orders: "Make a new Earth." And the would do so.

Nams created the physical Earth and while Nams started off taking a few of the creatures from the dead Earth soon Nams started to make new animals. Nams started small with the birds then rabbits then goats than horses then deer.

Adoz then gave life to the Earth and Proas taught Earth to juggle the moon and sun creating day and night.

Adoz then gave life to all the animals but soon there was a problem. The animals from the dead Earth were angry and had started to eat the other animals. These are the snakes and hawks and wolves and bears and foxes.

There were too many to kill so the Three Gods came up with a plan. Nams created a smart creature to stop the animals from fighting. They could use magic and tools. They were very much like us humans but they had blue skin. The Gods called them the Asteen. For five lifetimes the gods taught the Asteen how to use magic and tools.

After those five lifetimes the Gods went into the forest hoping to learn more. They had left the Asteen with three commands. Do not build more cities. Do not kill. Do not create new creatures.

The Gods went into the woods. Proas meditated on the future seeing many possibilities but as the years went by the path was becoming more clear. Nams learned to create very complex illusions. Adoz made rituals to bring the dead back to life with fire.

After ten lifetimes of perfecting these rituals one asteen found them in the woods. She claimed that the Asteen had broken all three commands of the Gods. They made five more cities. They now killed and ate many animals. And the king had made more creatures.

The Gods walked through the gates of the original city and there were many people buying and selling meats. When they walked into the hall of the king there were two servant beasts that the Gods had never seen before. When the Gods asked why the kings had not kept to the laws they had set the king just bragged about starting the sixth city and being the first king to create his own servants. The Gods were furious and demanded that the king give the power back to them. The king was outraged and turned them away. As the gods left the toppled all every building on the way to the gates.

The king was furious. He gathered up a small group of 20 soldiers and sent them to kill the Gods but it was too late. The Gods were on their way to the sixth city.

They easily tore down the small city and killed every man, woman and child.

The king sent out a message to each city ruler to be prepared. That the gods had returned and they were angry. Unfortunately for the sixth city they never got this message.

On the second day the gods went to the fifth city. They had a much harder time taking this city, but by the end of the day the city had fallen.

Over the next three days three cities fell one by one till just the first city was left. At the end of each day the Gods got more and more exhausted and each day the Asteen were harder and harder to beat.

On the fifth night the Gods stopped in the rubble of the city. That night Adoz performed the ritual on each one of them. This way if they died in battle they could burn their bodies after and the would come back to life.

A few survivors were able to make it out of the city and back to the capitol to tell the king what had happened. The king knew what had to be done. Early in the morning he got six hundred of his best trained soldiers and set up an ambush for the gods half way on between the two cities.

At mid-day the army got half way between the cities and hid behind trees and bushes. It was not until evening that the Gods got there. Several of the Asteen hid the auras of the 600 as best they could but Proas still felt something off. When Proas realised they were going to die it was too late. The 600 Asteen used everything in their power to defeat the Gods. By nightfall half of the Asteen has died and finally Adoz died. In the next few minutes Proas would die. Nams did not realise this till they were dead. Nams tried to burn the two bodies by breathing the flames at the bodies but one Asteen stabbed and Nams turned making the flames miss the bodies. The Asteen stabbed with ice, earth, flame, spears and arrows. In the next few minutes Nams died and there were only 200 of the Asteen left.

The Asteen carried the three bodies back to the city for a big celebration. Here is where each body was cut in half as everyone drank and celebrated. The Asteen then threw the bodies into bonfires.

As the last of the Asteen fell asleep and the fires burned out the halves of the gods started moving. They were born as twins. Each half grew the other half of it's body. There were now six where there were three. Life and Death had split. Emotion and Time were separate. Light had left Nature.

That early morning the Asteen were all killed. With the Asteen gone they needed to figure out what needed to happen. Time wanted to become the three gods again. His opposite, Emotion, thought it best to stay separate. Both Life and Death agreed with Time. Nature and Light didn't care either way so with that the six would try to become three.

They would try many times throughout the day. They made a new body for Life and Death but it could not hold both of them. They cut Nature and Light in half and Light held on to both of their souls while Time and Death stitched the original two halves together. But life could only fit Nature into the body. Time and Death quickly stitched the other halves together and put Light into the body before it faded.

By the end of the day they realised it was hopeless. For that entire week the wolves, foxes and bears ate the elk, rabbits and goats freely.

The next day they knew they needed to create a new creature to keep the peace. Life took 48 of the dead Asteen and revived them. Emotion erased their memories and Nature took their magic away. With their magic they also lost their blue skin but there may be a little left underneath our skin.

These six new creatures now named themselves. Time is Zol. Emotion is named Lima. Nature named himself Flanto. Light would be named Mesque. Death is Zeenal. And life is named Malen.

The Guardians lead the new humans over the mountains for three days. Over three days 13 humans died by falling or the beasts killed them leaving 35 humans. On the third day they made their way down into the valley which was full of tree but where the city of Zollied, the city of destiny, is now.

On the first day Malen of Life taught the humans how to farm and what plants would heal wounds. The farmers and healers are now the people of Zol.

On the second day Flanto taught the humans the humans to build houses, tools and weapons. The builders are now called the people of Flanto.

After a year people started stealing from each other. Zol had the idea to create a police to stop people from stealing. This is the people of Zol. Meanwhile his sister, Lima, took pity on the theives and gave them art and music to them. Now beggars, thieves, artists, musicians and courtesans are now the people of Lima.

In the next few years Zeenal got tired of people coming to them with unimportant questions and created a group to listen to people complain and write down histories with the pictures Lima gave them. These people are now the people of Zeenal.

For a hundred years after there was peace and Mesque of light saw there was no longer a need for humans to have close contact with the guardians. She got six widows together of both genders. Each widow would take control of one people but Mesque's Elder would watch over the Elders and report back to the Guardians about each of the Elders.

The Guardians have now returned to the first city of the Asteen, now the city of Zeenamed, and the Elders visit every four weeks to get instructions.

© 2017 Foster Clarke


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

94 Views
Added on May 11, 2016
Last Updated on February 3, 2017
Tags: Magic, myth, creation

Author

Foster Clarke
Foster Clarke

San Jose, CA



About
I'm Foster Clarke and I have always had ideas for books but now Im trying my hand at actually writing. I hope to write and publish several books starting by the time I'm 28. I hope that this community.. more..

Writing
Entry one Entry one

A Chapter by Foster Clarke


Day 30 Day 30

A Chapter by Foster Clarke





Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Compartment 114
Compartment 114