Day 30

Day 30

A Chapter by Foster Clarke

Day 30: Journal entry 2

We have started learning how to sign. It isn't very good right now but eventually we'll get the hang of it. We first are learning tools and machines that will be needed for the understanding. Later we will learn how to form questions. Then we’ll be learning their common animals and plants. By six months we should learn conversation and how to explain things. Each month I will document each step in learning sign language. We should be able to communicate almost fully via sign language by the time we are frozen in the cryogenic pods.

At this point most of our conversations consist of what it will be like on this new planet. Ryan, the anthropologist, thinks that they will be like us with how they see something different as a threat or interesting. Most of us agree with this idea, that's what kept our ancestors alive for millions of years so why wouldn't it be the same for them? But what will they see us as is something that we will have to find out when we get there.

The communications expert and engineer are both excited to see what the technology is like and what their language sounds like. So far we have only been able to send images and write back and forth between our 2 species.

The communications expert of course is already understanding many of the words most of us are having trouble with.

That’s all there is to tell this time
~Aaron


© 2017 Foster Clarke


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

72 Views
Added on May 2, 2017
Last Updated on May 2, 2017


Author

Foster Clarke
Foster Clarke

San Jose, CA



About
I'm Foster Clarke and I have always had ideas for books but now Im trying my hand at actually writing. I hope to write and publish several books starting by the time I'm 28. I hope that this community.. more..

Writing
Entry one Entry one

A Chapter by Foster Clarke