The dream

The dream

A Story by Foster Clarke
"

Short horror dream/vision that I want to put in a book that I will write later

"
That night he had a dream. Kurt was a kid again. He was exploring a huge lavish mansion he had never been in before. There was a large staircase leading upstairs in the center of the entrance room. He went up and at the top of the stairs and down a short hallway, there were huge double doors. They weren’t like the rest of the house. They were made of worn out wood.

When he opened them Kurt found a skeleton sitting on an old throne. The eyes would have been perfectly staring at the door, and right where Kurt was now standing, if it had eyes. He started to walk towards the skeleton when a flood of visions of war, sickness, people starving, and death filled his mind. He then fell to the ground screaming and crying, shivering and shaking. He could feel all their pain. He tried to cover his eyes but they weren’t there. He didn’t know how he knew but he knew they were now the skeleton’s eyes. The screams of the dying and the heavy, laboured breathing of the sick and starving seemed to grow louder so he covered his ears but that didn’t help. They just grew louder and louder.

Suddenly Kurt woke up. Now wide awake and 34 years old he looked around his room and sleeping next to him was his wife. Everything was right with the world. “Guess I’m not sleeping tonight,” he said to himself.

© 2017 Foster Clarke


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

86 Views
Added on April 7, 2017
Last Updated on April 7, 2017
Tags: Torture, horror, dreams, nightmare

Author

Foster Clarke
Foster Clarke

San Jose, CA



About
I'm Foster Clarke and I have always had ideas for books but now Im trying my hand at actually writing. I hope to write and publish several books starting by the time I'm 28. I hope that this community.. more..

Writing
Entry one Entry one

A Chapter by Foster Clarke


Day 30 Day 30

A Chapter by Foster Clarke