Entry one

Entry one

A Chapter by Foster Clarke

Project Dove
Dairy: Aaron Wolfe-Jamison
Age: 27
Sex: male
Starting day: November 18, 2326
Ending day: December 23, 2370

Day 1

My name is Aaron Wolfe-Jamison. I am 27 and I have been chosen to live on Gaely, a planet inhabited by the eevos, formerly known as 61 Cygni B a. This experiment is to see if humans and eevos can live together. Since there is a language barrier they want us to learn sign language. They can reproduce our languages but it’s easier for everyone to understand if we use sign language.

We know a lot about these beings. From the communications we have had with them they are very much like us. But their planet is unlike ours. Most of their water is underneath the surface of the planet. There are several large lakes and it’s a few degrees cooler than earth. It’s slightly smaller than earth.

The plant life seems to carry a large amount of water in the main body. That seems to be their main reason for developing tool use. Tool use seems to be the only reason that life becomes intelligent. Of course they eat meat in order to provide nutrients for the brain. Their mouth area seems to have developed like a bird but it has become shorter and softer over time. They have 3 fingers and a thumb. From what they tell us they live to be about 80 years of age. And reach a height of about 5 foot 6 inches tall.

This experiment will take forty-four years and hopefully by that time we will have proven that we can live together peacefully. Earth is sending 10 human scientists, including myself, in exchange for 10 eevos scientists. It will take 19 and a half years to get there. The first year there we will be kept in a scientific facility to make sure we will be able to live on the same types of planets. After that we will each go home with the scientists and live among the locals for the next 4 years, as long as we can survive that first year. After that we go back to our respective planets. Again it will take 19 and a half years to get back.

Let’s hope this goes well.


© 2017 Foster Clarke


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

65 Views
Added on May 2, 2017
Last Updated on May 2, 2017


Author

Foster Clarke
Foster Clarke

San Jose, CA



About
I'm Foster Clarke and I have always had ideas for books but now Im trying my hand at actually writing. I hope to write and publish several books starting by the time I'm 28. I hope that this community.. more..

Writing
Day 30 Day 30

A Chapter by Foster Clarke