Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by Rusty S.

Disclaimer: Captain Marvel, SHAZAM! and all related materials are property of DC Comics, Inc. However, Viviane and all Moon Angel related materials are property of Superboy_Prime. So dont steal em!

 

 

Chapter 1

 

Viviane woke up early in the morning. Like other people, she wasn’t a morning person. She rubbed the morning out of her eyes and went to her bathroom. The floor was cold and she shivered when her feet touched it. She sighed and looked in the mirror. Her large, long, wavy blonde hair was frizzled out in many directions. There were heavy dark lines under her eyes, signature of a bad night’s rest. She sighed again and brushed her hair.

          After several minutes, Viviane came down from the bathroom and into the living room. There, a woman no older than thirty-one, turned around and greeted her.

          “Good morning, sunshine.” the woman said.

          “You know how I feel about the sun, Lisa.” said Viviane.

          “Go sit down. I’ll make you so breakfast.”

          “No thanks, Lisa. I’m not really hungry.”

          “That wasn’t a request, Viviane.”

          Viviane nodded and sat down. Normally, she’d argue with her, but it was too early in the morning. Today, she would be starting school for the first time. Lisa ordered her to attend school on the basis that she could “act more like the kids here.” She didn’t see the point, thought she had been living here for about a year.

          “Lisa, why do I have to?” she asked her “I already know everything I need to know!”

          “You are going because you can’t stay here forever. You need to go out and make friends. Besides, you aren’t that smart.” said Lisa with a smirk.

          Viviane stuck her tongue out at her. She knew that Lisa only wanted the best for her. Grabbing her backpack and giving a hug, Viviane ran outside and down the road.

 

          “Out of all the places Lisa had to pick, she chose Indiana!” said Viviane, looking down and shivering a bit. She was only bright blue jeans, a light blue polo shirt and a baby blue sweater. Viviane wore blue because others said it complemented her bright blues eyes well.

          “Why couldn’t I just teleport there? That could’ve taken only a few seconds! Stupid makin’ me more like the Earth kids.” she complained.

          Normally, any kid making remarks like this would be branded as crazy, but in Viviane Kaylin De Milo’s case, it was all too true. Unlike many who lived on Earth, Viviane came from the Moon. In fact, she was part of a race of Angels that lived on the Moon. These angels had once lived on Earth, but history notes it that they moved there a long time ago. The angels looked like humans, but with a set of white wings attached to their backs. Normally, hiding your wings is a sign of shame, but since no one on Earth really knows about them, it’s a good time to hide them. The Moon Angels were also good spellcasters (which could explain how they hide their wings in their backs, especially in Viviane’s case) and used magic in their daily lives. To go along with this, they also have an inner sort of life force power projectiles. When it comes to battle, the Moon Angels are really good at distance attacks. But to add more to Viviane’s misery is her situation.

          “Whoa!!!” yelled Viviane. She nearly tripped on a rock.

          She was a not only a Moon Angel, but High Rank angel. More specifically, she was Princess Viviane of the Moon Angels. Viviane sighed as she reminded herself of this fact. Everything would have been okay if it wasn’t for her nasty parents, King Justin and Queen Jessica. As with every royal family, the offspring are rushed into an arranged marriage. Of course, they didn’t take into account of Viviane’s feeling and arranged her to marry a much older, ruthless suitor. Because of this, Lisa and Viviane ran away about a year ago to the least likely spot they’d be found: Earth.

          “It could’ve been worse.” she said, reminding her of her suitor. She got to the bus stop to take her to school and waited. She kept her head down, trying to hide the nervousness in her eyes. The bus rolled by and she got on. Viviane sat in the back and laid her backpack next to her. Seeing only four other people on the bus, she opened up her hand. A small energy ball appeared on her palm and played with it. Her energy manipulation was advanced, thanks to early training. One passenger looked at her and looked back forward. Viviane shrugged it off and closed her hand. She knew that she wasn’t the only one with powers in this world. There were thousands of people with different powers on this planet, more flamboyant than others. She even laughed at some she had seen on the television. Viviane smiled some, remembering some of the green ones and blues ones and looked out the window.

          The bus had stopped outside some tall buildings. In the distance, huge skyscrapers were visible and smaller buildings placed around it were clearer. The whole city looked as if it was stuck in the 1950’s. The air was clean and traffic was at a minimum. But besides these conveniences, the city was still a major American city.

          “Next stop, downtown Fawcett!” yelled the bus driver.  Fawcett City, what a name, She thought It sounds like a bad comic book or something. Viviane got out of the bus and walked down the street. Soon enough, Fawcett City High School loomed in front of her. Kids were already rushing in as the bell rang. Viviane sighed and walked in. It was the middle of football season and spirit banners were everywhere.

          “Earth kids sure do like to compete with each other.” she said as she walked into the school office.

          “May I help you?” asked the woman at the counter. She appeared to be quite young, but with many years in education.

          “Yes, I’m new here. My name is Viviane.”

          “Welcome, Viviane. I’m Mrs. Wack. Hang on as I get you your classes up.” said the teacher. Viviane looked around and sighed. She didn’t want to be here. She’d rather be at home reading a book instead. A feeling of tears bubbling up as the door behind her suddenly burst open. A boy in red and blue walked in.

          “I’m not late! The show ran over! It’s not my fault!” he yelled. Another teacher frowned at him.

          “Billy Batson! Please, can’t you ever grow up?” she asked.

          He smiled and sat down. “Maybe one of these days.”

 

 



© 2008 Rusty S.


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

202 Views
Added on September 18, 2008
Last Updated on September 26, 2008


Author

Rusty S.
Rusty S.

Downey, CA



About
Just a dude who loves to write more..

Writing
Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Rusty S.


Chapter 3 Chapter 3

A Chapter by Rusty S.