Chapter 3

Chapter 3

A Chapter by Rusty S.

Disclaimer: Captain Marvel, SHAZAM!, and all related materials are property of DC Comics, Inc. However, Viviane and all related Moon Angel materials are property of Superboy_Prime. So dont steal em!

 

Chapter 3

 

          Viviane entered her home as she had left it early that morning: Head hung low with a sad expression on her face. She slammed the door and dropped her backpack on the ground next to the telephone. Ignoring her caretaker Lisa with a simple “Hmph!” she went upstairs to her room and laid across her bed. Viviane let out a sad sigh as Lisa entered the room.

          “Bad day, honey?” she said. Viviane shrugged. “Mind telling me about it?” Viviane shook her head. Lisa reached over and touched her shoulder, feeling a slight tear there.

          “What’s this?”

          “Missile explosion,”

          “Missile explosion??”

          “That’s right. A missile explosion.”

          Lisa arched an eyebrow and sighed. Viviane just lay motionless, except for her breathing.

          “Ok, if you’re going to be sarcastic, at least let me know,” said Lisa.

          “School was okay if you must know, Lisa. A giant robot attacked the city and I tried to stop it,” Viviane explained to her.

          “What?? Are you okay, Vivi?” asked a concerned Lisa.

          “Yes, Lisa, I just got a little roughed up,”

          “Well, that’s good to hear.”

          Viviane flipped over and looked into her guardian’s darker blue eyes.

          “Hey, Lisa, have you ever heard of a man named Captain Marvel?” asked Viviane.

          “Well, sure! We do live close to Fawcett City, dear,” answered Lisa.

          “Then how come I’ve never heard of him?”

          “You never really like to watch television or listen to the radio, honey. All you do is stay up in your room and read your romance novels.”

          Viviane sat Indian style on her bed and smiled slightly. Lisa smiled the same way back.

          “He saved me today. He also stopped the robot and gave the evil man to the police,”

          “Did he now?”

          “Yeah. He showed up after-“Viviane stopped and hung her head low.

          “Billy! Where did he go? He wasn’t there to see him. Maybe it was good that he wasn’t there. That way he couldn’t have seen my wings,”

“Oh? Who’s this ‘Billy’ person that you’re talking about?” said an interested Lisa.

“He’s…just some boy I met at school,” Viviane said looking away.

“Looks like you had a busy day, Viviane,” said Lisa, getting up from her bed “Dinner will be ready soon.” Viviane plopped from her bed and went to her window. The sun was setting and the Moon was visible from her vantage point. She began naming the various mountain ranges and seas on the surface. She did this until dinner time as she thought she heard thunder in the distance.

 

The next day started out as yesterday did, with all the dullness you can get. Viviane ate her breakfast, said bye to Lisa and went to school. She immediately looked for Billy, who she found drinking at a water fountain.

“You certainly were scared when that robot attacked yesterday.” said the angel. Billy looked up from the fountain, water covered his chin.

“Oh, uh, yes, I ran for cover,” he blurted out.

“And you also left me behind.” Billy gulped and looked down.

“I’m sorry. I was just really scared,” he said.

“It’s okay. I ran too. I was just also concerned for you.” Billy smiled a bit. Viviane smiled back and beckoned him to walk her to class.

“That’s a record. We’ve only known each other for a few hours,” laughed Billy.

“I get concerned for everyone, Billy,” said Viviane.

“Yeah…me too,” he replied. They got to her class and waited outside for a bit. “Are you a big fan of Captain Marvel, Billy?” asked Viviane.

“Are you kidding? I’m his number one guy!” he replied with a big smile.

“Really?” she asked.

“I do the Captain Marvel report every morning on WHIZ Radio. That’s the reason I’m always late to school,”

“You do radio? That’s nice. I’ll have to listen to it one of these days. But this Captain Marvel guy, can you tell me about him?”

“Well, sure. He showed up about a year ago and saved the day basically.” said Billy, bending over to tie his shoes.

“So he’s one of these superheroes?”

“Yeah. Man, where have you been? Mars?”

“Um, heh, close enough,” said Viviane “Well, I’ll go in then. See you later, Billy.” Billy waved bye and went to his classroom.

 

After school, Viviane again caught up with Billy. This time, she was a bit more cheerful, as her mind was on that man who had saved her.

“Hey, Billy,”

“Yeah, Viviane?”

“Have you ever talked to Captain Marvel?”

“Um, well, once or twice,”

“Wow, really? How’d you do it?”

“Well…you can see that he’s saved me. Why are you so interested in him all of a sudden?” Viviane looked away and smiled a bit.

“I just never really been, well, saved by someone so powerful.” she said.

“Oh boy, don’t tell me you’re in love with him…are you?” asked Billy. She blushed a bit. “No! Well, I mean, you can call it a crush, I guess.”

“You wouldn’t be the first girl who’s said that, Viviane. All the girls that I know have their crushes with him in one way or another,” said Billy.

“It wouldn’t hurt to know one more.” Viviane said with a small giggle. They walked around like before, only this time avoiding the cleanup site from where Captain Marvel had fought Doctor Sivana’s giant machine. Viviane admired how clean and calm the city was. She saw how Billy really liked the city from the way he talked about it. But there was something in this boy that was more than a regular boy. It was a skill that resided in her heart. She could feel his pure soul as easily as she could see him in front of her.

Billy Batson…this boy…what’s his deal…? thought Viviane Or is it just me? He’s really nice…so far…Mom always told me that humans are not to be trusted…

“Viviane?” asked Billy. Viviane snapped back to reality.

“Y-yes, Billy?” she responded.

“Are you okay?”

“Yeah.” Billy held out his hand. Viviane looked at it for a second, and then gave him her hand. He smiled to her and she smiled back as well, with a hint of blush too small for him to notice. The sun started to set on the city and Viviane noticed the crescent Moon above the skyline.

“Oh dear me, Billy! I must go!” said Viviane with impatience.

“Oh, really? Well, then see you later,” said Billy.

“Bye!” she yelled from down the street as she ran out of sight. Billy smiled and sat on the street corner.

“She looked nice with wings,” said Billy to himself, remembering the day before “I wonder if I should tell her my secret…”

The palace where the Moon Angels’ royal family resided was the largest structure inside the Moon, aside from the temples where the Angels worshipped their deities. The inside was generally plain and old, having been there for quite some time. Portraits of past rulers lined the walls of the Royal Chamber, where the king and queen of the Moon Angel race sat upon their thrones. Next to those was a smaller throne meant for the princess who, at the moment, was not available. Right now, the chamber was empty except for the current queen, Queen Jessica De Milo and the scruffy looking man about the age of twenty-five. He was leaning against the king’s throne with his arms crossed, looking up at the portraits. His hair was short, but unruly and he had a long battle scar across his left cheek. He had a look of impatience on his face. Queen Jessica, on the other hand, was completely calm and even had a small smirk on her face. She gently strolled across the hall to her throne, her queenly dress bouncing slightly as she did. She turned and looked at the man.

“She’s not here, Nathan,” said the queen.

“You promised me her, Jessica.” he said back.

Nathaniel Benjamin Wright, unlike Jessica, was not an angel. He was one of many alien species that strongly resembled humans, but were related more to Moon Angels in terms of powers. Like all leaders of his race, he was a strong and terrible warrior. He decimated planets and other races all while defeating opponents to his throne. He loved fighting and was easily angered, like many despots that we all know. Long ago, back when his father still ruled, Nathan was arranged to be married with the baby Princess Viviane, and that’s where all of this craziness started. But he only knew one thing on his mind: he was going to marry the angel princess.

“I know I did. But it’s not my fault that she escaped,” said Jessica.

“You’re lucky that I’m not mad, Jessie. I’m actually kind of excited to be searching her out. It presents some sort of challenge for me,” said Nathan, smirking a bit.

“If you want, you might want to check out Earth first. It’s the most probable place to go,”

“Earth?”

“Yes, Earth. It’s the big blue one that you saw coming here,”

“Oh, right. Well, then, Jessie, I’ll check if she’s there.” Nathan said as he turned to leave. He headed towards the chamber entrance. “Oh and Jessie, for your sake, you better be damn sure that she’s there.”

Jessie turned away and rolled her eyes. She then smirked even harder, knowing that soon he’d collect Viviane and bring her back to the Moon.

 

A few days after the battle with Doctor Sivana, Billy and Viviane have grown to be very good friends. Rumor even grew that they were something of an item, but both dismissed the rumor, saying that they didn’t want any relationships at the moment. Sometimes they were spotted holding hands and giving hugs to one another. Billy and Viviane dismissed this too and that would be the end of it since everyone else does it, but with Viviane’s cheerfulness and Billy’s knowledge of her powers, who knew? Only both of them knew deep down in their young, innocent hearts. It wouldn’t be until the following week that would reveal their true feelings for one another.

“…and that pretty much summarizes when Captain Marvel first encountered Doctor Sivana,” said Billy, who was sitting with Viviane at a table during snack time.

“Wow, that must’ve been dangerous,” said Viviane.

“Probably. I watched the whole thing from a street corner. It was very exciting,” said Billy.

“Ah. Um, Billy, can I ask you something?”

“Sure,”

“Okay, um, are there many people with powers on this planet?”

“There goes that alien talk again,”

“Sorry. I mean, are there?”

“Well, sure. There are thousands of super-powered people in this world. Captain Marvel is just one of many,” responded Billy.

“Would it be weird if you had one as a friend?” asked Viviane.

“No, not really. Why? Are you a metahuman?” said Billy with a small smile. Viviane giggled a bit.

“No, of course not, silly! I was just curious and you seem to know a lot about this,” said Viviane.

“Well, I know more than the usual person, Viviane,” said Billy.

“Vivi. Call me Vivi,”

“Okay…Vivi.” The two smiled at one another and walked off, the whole time being watched by a big, scruffy looking man.

 



© 2008 Rusty S.


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

181 Views
Added on September 20, 2008
Last Updated on September 26, 2008


Author

Rusty S.
Rusty S.

Downey, CA



About
Just a dude who loves to write more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Rusty S.


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Rusty S.