Chapter 1 - Awakening

Chapter 1 - Awakening

A Chapter by Daxx Fastoon

Chapter 1 - Awakening
~~~~~

"Gah!" My eyes burst open as I gasp for air. Coughing up one mouth full of water after the other. Panting for air I hold my throat, until I finally feel my lungs inhale for the first time, and steady my breathing. I'm soaking wet, rain dripping off my long, black hair as I stumble to my feet, clutching a pipe against the wall of the building for support. I look down, standing there completely naked I examine my surroundings. I'm in an alley way next to some trash cans, a street lamp vaguely illuminates the alley way showing small outlines of piles of rubbish. There's a strange smell in the air, which I assume to be the small of the trash but I had no intention of finding that out.

I shake my head in frustration, letting out another growl before drowning the alley way in a yell. "W-Where am I...Who an I...What's happening!" I grip my hair tighter. In a burst of adrenaline, I grab a metal pole which was laying at my feet and run into the street which were practically deserted. I look up and down the streets until I see a group of people, maybe two or three, I can barley make out anything except a few lights in shop windows and some large sighs on buildings. 

Clutching the metal pole firmly, I run up to the group or people, screaming like a maniac at them "Give me your jacket! Now!" I scream at them, swinging the pole frantically.

""Woah! Calm down, don't hurt anybody! here!" A male voice mutters through the torrential downpour. Soon I find myself shaking with a metal pole in one hand and a jacket and shirt in the other. The other figure next to the man gave me a pair of shorts and his shoes. My heart pounding and skin freezing. I don't know what to say or do. Again, I just run as fast as I could through the streets. Suddenly, I feel warmth run down my cheeks. I'm crying. I don't know why, maybe just the confusion. I just robbed two people of their clothes and now I'm running to I don't know where. None of it was on purpose. I'm cold, scared and alone, what else would you expect someone to do.

After a minute, or an hour, of running I find myself at a warehouse near the ocean. It looked to be really old. Most of the windows were shattered and only a frail rusty chain was holding the doors shut. Only a few tugs with my bare hands was enough to shatter it and let me slide inside. I drop the soggy clothes on the damp floor and look around. Most of the containers were  empty except for big white sheets covering them. The windows were smashed but the roof was in=tacked. Only several drips which, of course, had small puddles dotting the floor. In the farthest corner there was some scurrying around. I grab one of the shoes I'd taken from one of the strangers and lobbed it into the cornet. A high pitched screech is heard. "Wh-Who's there!" I slowly approach the cornet which is lit up my a light outside, shining in through the broken window and shimmers against the shattered glass. I pull up the white sheet which the shoe had hit and jump out of my skin back nearly five feet. A raccoon scurries out between my legs and out through a small hole next to the door which I opened. Panting, I take deep breaths and sigh "Bloody raccoons..."

I take the rest  of the sheets off the containers and pile them up in the corner of the room which I the the shoe and hit the raccoon. The containers themselves, which were rather light since they contained nothing, I pushed and moved around the room, covering any holed in which anybody, or anything small and furry, from finding me.

I bundle myself up in some dusty sheets, with the wet clothes underneath everything, hoping I'd dry them through the night while laying on them. I wrap myself up tight, clutching one of the dusty sheets to my chest. breathing slowly, and for the first time since my eyes opened, I gather my thoughts. Or at least tried too. I couldn't remember anything.

I tried thinking of the basics, my name, age and where I came from....but I thought of nothing. Temporary amnesia? I didn't have a clue. I tried to recollect why I was in the alley...nothing...I didn't know what city I was in, what country I was in or even what planet I was on. I couldn't remember anything. The perception of it drove me to tears. I lay in a cocoon sheet, crying my eyes out because I truly was alone.

Five or so minutes into crying I threw the sheet off me and lay still.
"Okay...If you can't remember anything then what do I know" I breathed slowly. in deep though. forgetting everything, which wasn't hard, or what I didn't know and began to focus on what I didn't know for sure.

I was male, that much was obvious...Very obvious. I woke up in an alley way and my first thought was to get clothes. It was raining. so I stole clothes from people on the streets.I then broke into and entered a warehouse which I then threw a shoe at a raccoon and now I'm bundles up in old sheets crying like a child.

"Stealing...breaking and entering...violence against animals...I'm already a thief and a criminal...great"

I grab the sheet again and pull it over me. "Well...If I can't remember anything...then I'll just make new things" I thought to myself...and what best to start off with than a name.

That's right! I named myself Coop, why? Because I threw a shoe at a raccoon and I had no other ideas in my head, literally.


© 2016 Daxx Fastoon


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Beautiful author websites
Stop wasting time and money on Wix & Wordpress. Authors are creating beautiful websites with Myauthor.space FREE!
Love Me Not
1986, Penny Herrera falls into the predatory clutches of Matt, an older man who has no other intention than to alter Pen

Stats

59 Views
Added on January 10, 2016
Last Updated on January 10, 2016


Author

Daxx Fastoon
Daxx Fastoon

Armadale, West Lothian, United Kingdom



Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Daxx Fastoon