Chapter 6 - Moonlight Songbird

Chapter 6 - Moonlight Songbird

A Chapter by Ryonar Melephis

Chapter 6 �" Moonlight Songbird

We returned with the containers back to her house, talking about things needed to be done in a later time. This situation really made me happy, as the divide between us fell at last and she was back to her normal, cheerful self. The rest of the day passed uneventfully, but with the clear skies above us, it didn’t even matter anymore.

Time flew by and the golden Sun fell to the white blade of the Moon, drenching our world in shadow.

*                                      *                                      *

My eyes opened and I awoke in the middle of the night, with the full moon shining brightly overhead making me restless.

It’s going to be difficult falling asleep again, so I might as well do something in the meantime.

With that in mind, I got up and went out of the room to catch some fresh air.

Just as I went out, I saw a double door at the end of the hallway, fain light shining through. As I recall, that door either wasn’t there, or I just didn’t notice it the first time I passed through here.

Following the soft trace of moonlight I reached the door and opened it without a sound. A gust of cool night wind rolled across me along with the light of the evening sun.

A surprising sight got me again, but now it felt like déjà vu.

Bathed by the silver rays of the moon, she stood leaned on the edge of the balcony. It seemed like the daughter outshines the mother of the night, her rays entangling in her strands held captive by the wind, giving her a pristine and serene aura. Caressed by both moonlight and wind across her fair skin, I could only look upon her prideful, but fragile figure with the air caught in my throat.

But even with that hindrance, I made my way to the edge, silent like a shadow, as not to disturb this tranquil, beautiful moment frozen in time.

“You couldn’t sleep too?”

How did she know? I’m certain that my footsteps were absolutely quiet. But then again, she caught me like this before.

I leaned on the wooden fence and took a deep breath.

“Yeah… something like that.”

I said that with a small smile as I gazed at the moon. It was a lonely night, the only companions we’d have is the wandering wind, the eyes of the silver moon…

…and each other.

Looking at her now, I feel something changed; it feels as if compared to our first meeting, she became warmer and kinder to me. Compared to how I tried to live before, this warmth feels like spring coming to an everlasting, desolate winter.

My eyes wandered to her figure on their own and I could feel a soft flame burning in my chest.

The smile I had grew wider.

I guess she isn’t the only one that changed.

“Hey, what’s with the smile? Do I look funny?”

She said jokingly and I couldn’t help but laugh a bit.

“Ha-ha, no, I was just thinking about what happened in the last two day. And how you changed me.”

“Really? I don’t see how you’ve changed. The way I see it, you’re the same kind, caring person that I met two days ago.”

My smile changed and dropped lower.

“That’s because you haven’t seen me then. I used to be a much colder person that could even be hateful at any moment. My mind was a chaotic mess and it replicated into my actions.

But ever since those two days ago, that chaos was decreasing, until it left me completely. I became calmer, more focused and compassionate… I became a real human. If it weren’t for you, I would of never got this far.”

I went silent and I could feel blood rush into my face.

She shook her head and spoke:

“Please, don’t give me that much praise when I didn’t even do anything. More so, you helped me.”

She dropped her eyes and took on a sad smile, as if she was recalling a painful memory.

“You see, my brother died a year ago in the town. Some monster tried to steal his money, but seeing as my brother wouldn’t give in, he slashed his throat and ran off. Ever since then, I lived in seclusion, no one to count on and no one to turn to when things got hard.”

I could see tears well up in her eyes as her shoulders trembled.

As if working on pure instinct, I hugged her around the waist with one hand and around her back with the other.

With my hands gently wrapped around her, she cried into my chest. It felt like I could feel her pain and all I could do was embrace and comfort her, knowing that there was little I could do to ease her pain.

But she gave me hope and helped my emotions return, this is the least I can do.

Images darted through my mind in a flash as I recalled a similar situation, except the girl had silver hair and deep blue eyes.

Now I knew what I had to do, so as that our lonely stories never make a full circle.

“You know, you changed me in another way I haven’t told you. Before, I could never love or care about another person.”

After she calmed down, she raised her head to look at me with a confused expression.

“Huh?”

“I don’t want you to ever be lonely again. So please, from now on stay by my side. I love you…”

Something flashed across my mind, a field of distraught emotions among which sits the most pure of them all, the most beautiful of them all…

“…Alice.”

As it dawned upon her, she became beet red and a big smile graced her lips.

“I will. I love you too…Raisen.”

The wind blew as the sacred moonlight enveloped us in its silky veil. The fire I carried within glowed stronger as the blood filled my cheeks. Alice stood before me in all her beauty, enveloped by the veil of light. I could see her close her eyes and reach for me with her peach covered lips.

My heart raced as I reached for her with mine. After a time spent in the frozen eternity, I could finally feel the ice thaw and welcome the golden rays of a warm, green spring.

As our lips touched beneath the moonlight, we vowed to be by each other’s side or all time.

I could feel her now, all the pains and sorrows, the joys and passions.

All of that was in the taste of her lips, in that blissful taste of cherries.



© 2015 Ryonar Melephis


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

237 Views
Added on February 5, 2015
Last Updated on February 5, 2015


Author

Ryonar Melephis
Ryonar Melephis

Nis, Serbia



About
I am an all-round writer who doesn't shy away from a challenge. I am prone to writing fantasy, sci-fi, horror, romance, comedy, action, you name it. Also, I am something the people from 4chan would ca.. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Ryonar Melephis


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Ryonar Melephis


Chapter 3 Chapter 3

A Chapter by Ryonar Melephis