Dracula Returns

Dracula Returns

A Story by Aliasxyn13
"

In the midst of my vampire craze and realizing there aren't worthy sequels to 1931 Dracula, I've thought of 3 possible scenarios of a sequel. All Fan-fiction of course. Like to know what you like.

"

Scenario One:
After Van Helsing defeated Dracula, he planted seeds to ensure that his work against vampires continues. An organization was formed in his memory to continue his work on a global scale, with it's main headquarters in England. There are three branches of the organization: Hounds, Hunters and Doctors.
Hounds track the vampires, investigate cultists and assist the Hunters by setting up barriers and keeping track of their movements.
Doctors provide treatment and aid to vampire victims and protect potential victims.
Hunters combat with anti-vampire and blessed weapons and destroy vampires, properly dispose the corpse, and recruit new members.
The weapons against vampires are silver laced weapons, weapons blessed with holy water, sunlight or weaponized UV rays, the crucifix and holy relics. Items used to repel vampires includes the crucifix, certain passages from the bible, wolfsbane and garlic. Complete destruction of the vampire can only be met if the vampire has been staked through the heart, decapitated, doused with holy water, cremated and their ashes scattered.

2007, the story follows Christina Sloan, a Huntress from America and a protégé of a Hunter from Romania named Ferenc Blasko. Her mother was infected by a vampire while she was still pregnant with Christina and to save the baby, she was cut out 6 weeks early. Her father was taken as well 7 years later and she was saved by Ferenc. He took her under his wing and trained her to be a Hunter. She is regarded as one of the best Hunters in the organization, so much so that she and Ferenc were asked to assist the England branch with a recent increase of vampire attacks and to hunt a certain vampire named Lamia Salvator (Latin for Vampire Savior).
One night, Lamia was spotted with a pack of vampires heading to North Yorkshire, to Carfax Abbey where Dracula's remains are. The Hunting Party races there with the help of the Hounds from Scotland, believing the Vampires might attempt to raise Dracula. But during the struggle, it is revealed that their objective is to send Lamia back to raise Dracula and stop the Organization from being born. In the midst of the fight both Lamia and Christina get sent back to 1917. She attempts to stop Lamia again, but arrives to late; both she and Lamia were attacked by something.
She later wakes in the presence of the renowned Professor Van Helsing, Doctor Seward and Arther Holmwood. Fearing their lives to be in danger, she explains herself to them; the organization, the vampires they hunt, and how it started with them, the men who hunted and defeated Count Dracula. She offers to protect the professor and neutralize the threat, at the very least, to ensure his vampire secrets don't die with him. While much of this was over their heads, at least Van Helsing understands the danger now that Dracula has been revived. Holmwood coordinates with the police to set up check points and lock down the harbor, not wanting Dracula to escape back to Transylvania, and to arrange a curfew to keep innocent civilians clear from the field during the night.
Before too long, a very grim and sickly Lamia attacks and tries to kill Van Helsing, having been denied his reward from Dracula. Christina intervenes and fights off Lamia, but during the struggle she looses her crucifix, unleashing something demonic in her. Lamia gets the better of her, but Van Helsing manages to put him down. Once she wakes the next day, over a game of chess she confides in the professor her own history and the possibility of possessing certain vampiric traits she's had to hide all her life. He is the second person to know this apart from Ferenc. Christina is later attacked mentally by Dracula, taking advantage of her inner demons and traumatic past to torment her. He later goes after Van Helsing to turn him, a fitting vengeance against the vampire hunter. But he is stopped by Christina, who ends up getting bitten herself before Van Helsing stakes Dracula with a custom stake she brought with her, poisoning the vampire, but Christina now at risk of turning into one.
She treats it with wolfsbane and holy water, having enough of waiting for the vampire to come to them. Taking a powerful narcotic and having Van Helsing hypnotize her so she can connect to Dracula and find where he is hiding. Turns out he had 3 more boxes of earth sent to England 20 years ago, but to a dilapidated Manor on the outskirts of town. She suffers a grand mal seizure and is out for two days. During which, Dracula attacks and feeds on the patients at Seward's sanitarium, trying to sustain himself with the silver nitrate infused holy water severely affecting him. Van Helsing suggest they strike Dracula now while the advantage was theirs and Christina is resting. But the plan goes south, with Dracula greatly enraged he wounds Holmwood and manages to bite Van Helsing before vanishing away.
When Christina woke up, Seward is treating both Helsing and Holmwood, but Helsing is fading fast. He instructs her to destroy Dracula and Seward to take his journal and save his work. As Van Helsing passes away in the night, the men put his soul to rest. And with Christina's inner demon fighting harder to get out, she has little time to waste and goes after Dracula. Before the sun sets, she sets up spiritual barriers and crucifix's to prevent the Count from escaping before searching for his coffin, still fighting back her inner demon. Dracula attacks and uses his power to try and bend her will to his, even attempted to make her feed on either his blood or on one of the patients from the sanitarium; an attempt to prove that she is more monster than a human. But she fights against his will, refusing to submit or drink blood and instead stabs herself with a silver blade; opting to die instead of submitting.
This enrages Dracula and the two brawl through the manor. While weakened by the poison, Dracula still doesn't make it easy for Christina. Even though she is fatigued physically and mentally, she still fights on. She manages to get one up on him while feigning to be unconscious and he goes in to bite her; she gets him in the face with the crucifix embedded gloves and holds on while reciting a passage from the bible in Latin. The two fall to ground weakened and exhausted, but she continues reciting as she crawls towards Dracula and stakes him. He admits his wrong notions of her, that she is truly human and welcomes death. She decapitates him before passing out, the vampires blood pooling on the floor.

Note: I'm still a bit iffy about Van Helsing's death and such. Also not sure how to end this one or how to get her back. Had an idea that when and if she returned to 2007, she learns Ferenc is Dracula, or she leaves the organization, I don't know. Like I said, not sure how to end this one.



Scenario Two: 28 years after the events of the first Dracula movie, Van Helsing continued his study and teaching others of the occult, including his young daughter, Victoria. But as his studies continue, he soon learns that Dracula may return. So he prepares Victoria for the day the Count would come for her. But in the darkness of the night, she is being watched.

1925 and Van Helsing passes away peacefully. Victoria, a 25 year old woman, now owns everything her father has: books, specimens, chemistry equipment and his home in England. She also finds herself the object of numerous proposals from suitors around Europe. Her closest friends are her father's colleagues and Quincey Harker, son of Mina and Jonathan Harker. But she never let's herself doubt for a moment that the vampire count would come back; she couldn't, for most of her life, at night she's felt a presence of someone watching her. While the presence has disappeared as of late after her father passed away, she can't afford to doubt, nor shake the feeling something is about to happen.
One night at a party thrown by her most persistent suitor, Benedict Caraway, she is approached by a gentlemen with an unusual British Accent with hints of Romanian, and he charms her for a dance. He introduces himself as Vladimir Kohlrus, son of a noble Transylvanian family who moved to England. Naturally, Victoria asks if she knew anything of vampires and Count Dracula; while he's heard of both, he dismisses Dracula as being a myth and he himself has never been to his native homeland but wishes to go back someday.
The weeks pass and while suitors still press for her hand and there are victims of vampirism turning up, Vladimir and Victoria become good friends, both sharing stories their families shared; her of her father and his work and him of his families far-off country. Many of her suitors didn't like the idea of her spending so much time with the foreigner, thinking he might take her hand while others are suspicious of him, that he is not who he appears to be, including Quincey and Doctor Seward. And when Victoria isn't spending time with Vlad, she is busy trying to figure out the cause of this increase in vampire attacks. Her first instinct is to check back at Carfax Abbey, but the old Abbey had been demolished years ago. And if that wasn't enough, Benedict continues to press for her hand, blaming her distractions on either her father's ravings of the occult and vampires or her foreign interest (with comments that borderline of sexism). But Vlad would be there to raise her spirits and charm her.
One night, she has a get together with family friends and Vlad; Benedict and some of her other persistent suitors invited themselves. In the midst of festivities, Jonathan Harker and Seward notice that Vlad is casting no reflection in the mirror and inform Victoria, but she doesn't believe them. Before they can prove it, Vlad hypnotizes them both to forget what they saw and leave the party. As the evening moves in, the guests retire, leaving only Victoria and Vlad. That night, he confessed his love for her and wished for the two of them to go visit his families homeland. Later, while she slept, Vlad stands over her bed and gives her visions of Dracula rising from his coffin, going after Seward and the Harker's before coming for her and turning her into a vampire.
She tells Seward about her nightmare the next morning before being asked to help deal with a vampire problem near out by the river. When she returns, she goes back to Carfax Abbey again and searches through the rubble, finding the remains of a body. She has it brought back for examination and learns the it was drained of blood. She goes home and goes through her notes with Quincey. They bounce theories off each other until Quincey arrives to Vlad; a man of Transylvanian lineage who shows up one night out of the blue and charms Victoria. A charmer of women and envied by men, and yet he makes some people feel uneasy. Victoria admits that she feels a presence of familiarity around him, but if he was a vampire trying to seduce her with hypnotism, she would have felt it, having been hypnotized by her father many times. She also remembers her father describing vividly the feeling of Dracula's attempt to bend him to his will; she hasn't feel such a sensation. And if Vlad were a vampire, there are ways to prove it, but there is also a growing concern of Dracula possibly prowling about. The other thing she tells Quincey is that during the nightmare, she felt someone's lips on her neck, but no bite marks.
Vlad visits them and notices Victoria looking paler than usual. After telling him about the nightmare, Vlad apologizes for telling her the grim stories of his country. Quincey talks about the Transylvania, much to Vlad's surprise, the way Quincey described it. He said his mother told him those stories, told to her by a nightmare named Dracula. Vlad asked Quincey if he is accusing him of anything. He is, accuses Vlad of being a vampire and pulls a crucifix on him, to which Vlad responded by hitting it out of his hand and curses at the young man. Victoria calms him, giving him a chance to explain his families misfortunes with the church and he doesn't favor the sight of a crucifix. Victoria excuses herself, but gets a glimpse of the room through a mirror and notices that Vlad's reflection is absent. Not wanting Vlad to see her stricken with shock of this, she makes the excuse of exhaustion and retires.
Later that night, she calls Seward and the Harker's to inform them that Vlad is a vampire. No sooner that Seward hung up that he is attacked by Vlad and bitten. When he is found, Victoria is called in and she quickly treats the wound with wolfsbane and holy water. Quincey starts entertaining the idea the Vlad may be Dracula, but slightly altered his appearance so as not to arouse suspicion, get close to her, take out the people who helped Van Helsing and then break her. Victoria is feeling more anger than anything else, having allowed a vampire to play with her emotions and failed to see it. With Seward out, she calls on Benedict for help. Took some tough talk and a bribe of a possible agreement of his proposal to get him to cooperate. She explains everything to him and how to defeat him, though Benedict had his doubts. Victoria is sure that Vlad will visit her again, so she helps get the gents ready with silver bullets, stakes, crucifix's and garlic flowers. Quincey would look after Seward and Benedict would protect Victoria.
Sure enough Vlad came for her, hypnotizing Benedict to remove the garlic flowers and crucifix's from her room before knocking him out. But when he goes in for her, she gets the jump on him and shoots him with a silver bullet. He applauds her and reveals himself to be Dracula. Staking him was not enough to defeat him as her father thought 28 years ago. Took some weak-minded idiot to revive him and he's returned to exact his revenge, but since Van Helsing is no longer here, the Count will have to take it out on his daughter and young Harker, then finish what he started with Mina after he disposes of her husband. Dracula attempts to bend her will to his, but she feigns it long enough to put a crucifix in his face, burning him and forcing him out. Victoria then hastens to Seward and Quincey before Dracula could do anything, driving him away.
Next morning, Seward's condition worsens and they realize that they can't keep waiting for Dracula to come get them. She goes to one of the victims bitten by Dracula and hypnotizes them, hoping to learn where Dracula is hiding, but the patient suffers an aneurysm and dies, no doubt Dracula's doing. Just before the sunset's, Dracula visits her, advising her to stop and accept this is beyond her control, Seward cannot be saved and she will never be the nemesis her father was. He does however offer her life eternal with him, since he's grown quite fond of her. He goes on to reveal that since his revival 20 years ago, he had been set on exacting his revenge on Van Helsing; but when he saw little Victoria, decided to bide his time and torment the child; by extension this would torment Van Helsing until Dracula could turn him into a vampire, take his will and have him kill his own child. He did torment Victoria at first, but as the years pass of watching her grow up he couldn't bring himself to torment her any longer and instead wished either to live un-life eternal with her or to have bring him death and fulfill her father's legacy. Having become intimate with her, he doesn't want her innocence to be tainted by killing him and hopes that she accept his hand.
But she doesn't believe him, having been deceived and seduced by a vampire with the soul purpose of vengeance for what her father had done and for that, she plans to finish what her father started and ensure that he is destroyed. Despite Dracula's attempts to persuade her otherwise of his deviousness, she still refuses to believe him and she attacks Dracula. He attempts to escape the house, but all ways are blocked by crucifix's placed by Quincey and Benedict while she was trying to find Dracula earlier. With no way out, he is forced to fight Victoria; she douses him with holy water to limit his supernatural strength. She takes quite a beating from the vampires rage; Benedict manages to stake Dracula, but in his rage, he kills the suitor distracting him long enough for Victoria to impale him again. But this stake is hollowed and filled holy water infused with wolfsbane and small silver flecks, poisoning the vampire. She proceeds to put a crucifix on his body, but as she does, he bites her before collapsing to the ground in agony.
Victoria recovering from the shock of being bitten, grabs a blade and positions it at his neck. Before she decapitates him, he weakly tells her that if perhaps he weren't a monster dependent on blood to sustain him, he would have been happy to have her at his side, travel Europe and grow old with her. But this is far from such a world where they would both be happy; he is a vampire and she is human. He felt perhaps that was fooling himself to believe he could love her, forget what he is. He begs her to destroy him and let him have death at last, but to not shed tears for a monster like him. With his demise, she would be free from turning into what he is and Seward will survive. He also asks her to live life happily, and to not shed tears for a monster like him. Wrought with so much emotion she hesitates to decapitate him, but by his urges, she finally ends the Counts un-life and weeps over his body.
Sometime later, after Benedict's funeral and the burning of Dracula's body, Victoria goes to a beach-side cliff; she has never recovered emotionally since that night and after finding someone who could have been her equal and partner for life, she would never love again; after killing said love for being a vampire as that is what she taught and trained to do, she could never feel anything but despair. She stands on the edge of the cliff and sheds a tear, waves crashing below as the sun rises.

Note: I leave the ending open for interpretation, but no doubt not a happy ending as many of the monster movies from the 30's shared.



Scenario Three: A hundred plus years pass and the Helsing Family, now living in America, are still the foremost experts of the occult and all things strange. 4 generations, each growing more knowledgeable of vampires, learning from the past and preserving it for the future. The family has extended outwards, investigating strange happening around the world with help of like-minded individuals. And running this organization is Sir Arthur Van Helsing, though not as young as he used to be. Securing his line are his two children, though mostly left to one: his daughter Jessica Elizabeth Helsing, herbologist, botanist, entomologist, hematologist, cult expert, lecturer, and doctor, and at 26 years of age, the most likely candidate to lead the Helsing family over her older brother, 29 year old Lawrence Thomas Helsing. He is only interested in thrill seeking, party's and women, to the point his father cut him off to prevent him from squandering the family wealth. But over the years of studying vampires, the family has learned and suspected that an old enemy may rise from his grave, since his coffin and remains disappeared from Carfax Abbey. Arthur does all he can to prepare Jessica for what may come.

Jessica's father teaches her the workings of the family business and in between lectures and studies, she is working with correspondents around Europe, Asia and the America's. At the same time, she not only must care for her father, whose health is slowly degrading, but also must contend with her brother's financial problems and vigorous lifestyle. While he tries to appeal to Jessica's good nature, she refuses to bail him out with her share of the family trust and urges him to get a job or take up interest in the family business. Larry finds the family business dull and full of hokum and passes on the offer. Around this time, her uncle is investigating occurrences in England and Romania; first a break in at Carfax Abbey (rebuilt in 1901 with Dracula's coffins buried beneath the crypts) and then rumors of someone attempting to break into Castle Dracula and people around the area getting nervous.
She later gives a lecture on herbs and plants used to treat various ailments and injuries as opposed to modern medicine with pills and lotions that come with various side affects that could do more harm than good. Then one of the students asks her about her family, their study of vampires and occult and whether or not vampires even exist. While she dismisses the first few questions, she does discuss vampires; not fictional one but real ones who believe in consuming blood or even humans to sustain themselves from which vampires are based off of. From bats to the cannibals in the Pacific and even Amazon, to people suffering from Porphyria, the illness that afflicted King George III, Maria I of Portugal and quite possibly Vlad III (Tepes) and Vincent van Gogh. While some of these have led to fascination and creation of vampires, they are only fictional creatures. She does however invite those who are still interested to attend her lecture on vampires at her favorite bookstore later that week.
She dismisses the class when she approached by a young man, Damian, asking how to treat anemia. His sister has fallen ill quite suddenly and doesn't seem to be improving. She agrees go and have a look. As she packs her things, a gentlemen strikes up a conversation with her about her line of work and various fields of study. He introduces himself as Peter
Călugărul  and invites her to tea and continue their conversation if she is not too busy. She immediately recognized his faint accent as Eastern European, possibly Romanian judging from his surname, which is an old name meaning 'Monk'. He is surprised at how quickly she picked that up comparing her almost to Sherlock Holmes. Later the two take tea and enjoy pleasant and intelligent conversation until she remembered to see into the sister stricken with anemia.
She visits Damian's sister and notices bite marks on her neck. When asked when the marks appeared, it was not two days after learning her boyfriend died under unusual circumstances a week ago. When she learned the man who informed the family is member of the family organization, she decides to look into it and instructs Damian on treatment for his sister, herbs to get and keeping the windows locked at night and lined with garlic flowers. She returns home and confirms that the girls boyfriend was an member of the family organization that was killed in Romanian by a vampire and his body cremated. She confirms with her uncle in Romania that they were checking the crucifix seals at Castle Dracula and looking into rumors of a possible vampire in the area when the man was attacked and turned. She runs this information by her father they both agree that their vampire is now in America. They contact her uncle and inform their members in America to keep their eyes and ears open for anything sounding like a vampire attack and to watch the young lady. Before departing, her father wishes to be in attendance to her lecture on the occult and vampires, much to her joy as she's wanted him to come to one her lectures.
As she continues to run the business, she checks on the girl, who is doing much better though she wasn't fond of the garlic flowers. She instructs Damian to keep giving her the tea, keep the windows closed and lined with garlic flowers. She later attends her lecture at the bookstore, discussing vampires and the occult, how people can protect themselves and how to end vampires. Her path is crossed again by Peter, who enjoyed her lecture and offered to take her out for tea, but she had to take her father home. She introduces Peter to her father, who calls him "Interesting", and invites him back to the house to continue their conversation. By the end of the evening and Peter takes his leave, Jessica admits that she is charmed by Peter and finds him fascinating. Her father though has some doubts and suspicions about Peter, but keeps it to himself for the time being.
Things then take a turn for the worst for Damian's sister when her condition worsened quite suddenly and she nearly attacked her brother. On top of that, patients at local hospitals are suddenly showing signs of vampirism. Jessica sends an order out to round up the patients and have them quarantined so she can treat them and slow the progression of the vampirism, including the sister. She also had to contend with the families of the victims, who couldn't understand what was happening and wouldn't stand for her staking, decapitating and cremating the bodies after they 'die' and turn. Jessica would be exhausted by the end of the day and while didn't feel like socializing after the day, but couldn't turn down the offer of tea and company from Peter and over time, through the rough and crazy, the two became very close and even intimate. After a date one night, after a long and hard days working of dealing with deteriorating patients and in an unpleasant mood, she fends off a pair of bold burglars, again impressing Peter.
After bringing her home and seeing her inside, Arthur confronts Peter and believes him to be the nemesis of his grandfather, Count Dracula. At first, Peter denied the accusations, claiming to be the son of Romanian immigrants and has lived in America his whole life. But Arthur pulls a crucifix on him not only revealing him to be a vampire, but he is indeed Count Dracula. He reveals that his coffin and remains were stolen back from Carfax Abbey by loyal, weak-minded servants and brought him back to his castle. But with his old home sealed and blocked by spiritual barriers, blessings and crucifix's, he had to have earth from around his castle packed and shipped to America; but not before dealing with a few nosy members of his organization. It took a few dozen hapless victims to restore his strength and learn how to adapt to this new world of 2014. When Arthur demands to know what the vampire has planned for his daughter, Dracula merely laughed and told he old man not to worry for he will not live to see what atrocities he has planned for the fair lady. He then attacks Arthur and slips away before Jessica could return.
Despite her best efforts to save her father, he asks her not waste her efforts and strength on him, but to focus on stopping Count Dracula. He passes away that night, depressing her so much that after the funeral, she asks Peter to stay with her, not wanting to be alone at night. The next morning she tries to get in touch with Larry and warn him of the danger, but he wouldn't hear of it. Peter also had to leave for family grievances back in Romania, but promises to stay in touch. Before he could leave, she steps out for a moment and notices that Peter's reflection can't be seen in the windows or mirrors, a sure indication that he is a vampire. When he leaves, she manages to find her father's journal and reads the last few pages. She learns that her father had suspicions of Peter from the get-go and he sure enough revealed himself as Dracula. Nearly heartbroken and outraged, she starts planning with her members in America to track Dracula, protect her brother and destroy the vampire.
Unfortunately, Dracula manages to find Larry at a party and bites him. When word got to Jessica, she arranges transport to him back home so she can treat him. He apologizes to her for being a dick and wants to help her, but for now she just wants him to fight hard against this demonic possession from taking him. If she can kill Dracula before he turns completely, he will be saved. She gathers students from her occult lectures to her home for another lecture when Peter returned and asks to attend; she allows. During the lecture, she slowly leads up to some kind of reveal, making Peter uneasy. When she passes bags around to her students and has them to pull out the contents, Peter hesitates. She insists that he take part, but when he does his hand is burned by the crucifix and silver coin inside. She then unveils and mirror and when he cast no reflection, he smashes the mirror and attacks Jessica. But her students ward him off with the crucifix's. Peter is in fact not just a vampire but "The" vampire, Count Dracula. She tells her students the story of her Great-Grandfather, Professor Abraham Van Helsing defeating Dracula in the late 1800's. But over the years and through study of other vampires, they soon learned that Dracula would return and he has. With her father gone and her brother slowly turning into a foul thing of the night, it's up to her and like minded individuals to stop Dracula and save those he has tainted.
Larry's condition worsens, as he nearly attacks Jessica. With help, she seals him in a coffin with a crucifix nailed on the inside of the lid. On top of that, she's had to put down many of the patients quarantined that have turned and cremate their bodies, much to the families outrage. Damian, now having lost his sister, offers his services to avenge her. All she asks him to do is protect his family from suffering the same fate. But they are both confronted by Dracula again, taunting Jessica by asking the condition of her soulless, selfish brother. She remains steadfast and fights against his will. So he tries to force Damian to kill her for him; she wards the vampires will out and shoots him with a stake gun, forcing him away. With morning coming, she gives the word to her men to track Dracula so they can find his coffin and hiding place. She treats Damian and goes to the family armory to to get a few things when word comes back on Dracula's location; an old funeral home up the Hudson. She gets in touch with her uncle and other relatives to inform them of what is happening and to make arrangements if she doesn't survive. Some of her relatives, her uncle, step-aunt and three cousins offer to help, much appreciated help.
The family hunters gather near the funeral home, evacuated the employees, put up a barrier to keep Dracula inside and go over the plan. Unfortunately, Dracula rose from his coffin early, before the sun set, and attacks the group, forcing them into premature action. Jessica's uncle and eldest cousin keep Dracula on the premises with crucifix's and certain passages from the bible until Jessica tackles the vampire inside. Cut up and bloodied, her cousins take over while her step-aunt tends to her wounds. Dracula takes out the cousins and disables the step-aunt to get Jessica, sadistically reminding her of those cozy nights together and how close he was to drinking her blood. Larry's blood was bitter, but her blood is sweet, having gotten a sample of hers from the glass. Her uncle attempts to take advantage of his distraction and fires a stake, but the vampire moves and he hits Jessica in the shoulder.
With the sun now gone, Dracula attacks her uncle fiercely and savagely ravages the rest of the family. With the hunters down, bleeding, injured and few bitten, the Count goes back for Jessica, who has fallen unconscious with the stake still in her shoulder. He takes her downstairs to the embalming table to have his way with her. Having unable to bend the her great-grandfather's will, he hopes to bend her will to his and pulls the stake out, the pain jolt her back to consciousness. His attempts to bend her will is met with little success as she fights to get off the table and drive a stake through him. So in rage, he throws her back on the table and bites her neck, slowly drinking her blood while pressing his hand on her wound to keep her from fighting back. However, he is staked in the back by Damian, who followed them and snuck in during the fight. He then douses the vampire with holy water, enraging him greatly and strikes Damian to the ground. Dracula attempts to retreat to his coffins, but finds crucifix's and bibles inside, barring his way, courtesy of Damian.
Wounded, bitten and bleeding, Jessica falls to the floor and tries to get to the exit. But Dracula stops her and proceeds to strangle her, promising that she would come back as a vampire and she would never escape his will. Damian, with his last bit of consciousness, throws a crucifix and lands on Jessica's face, forcing Dracula to let go and attack Damian again. However, Dracula rips out his jugular and breaks his back. Jessica weakly begs Dracula to stop, admitting defeat and feeling too broken to fight back. This quells his rage as he picks her up and puts her back on the embalming table, changing his face to Peter (a much younger version of himself), and goes to continue drinking her blood. As he does, she pulls out a prototype stake and impales him. The hollowed silver stake it filled with an anti-coagulant that seeps into his body and severely affects him; blood starts coming out of his eyes, nose, mouth and ears and he clenches his heart is if it was exploding inside him. Jessica jabs herself with adrenaline, getting the jolt she needs to get back up and goes to decapitates him. With what is left of the adrenaline, she drags Dracula's headless corpse and head to the crematorium to burn his body. As the affects of the adrenaline wore off, she suddenly experiences horrid visions and screams as his corpse is incinerated and she passes out.
She wakes up at home surrounded by family and learns that those who were bitten during the struggle, including herself and Larry, are freed of their vampirism with Dracula destroyed. Some of the later patients afflicted have also been saved, but not all of them can be, having succumbed to vampirism. Damian and her eldest cousin died during the struggle so arrangements have been made for them. In the weeks that followed, the family mourned their deceased, cremated those who couldn't be saved, and the family resumed the business and Jessica returns to her lectures and even Larry attends them. But even though her greatest struggle is over, she still suffers from nightmares and Dracula still tormenting her from beyond the grave.

Note: Here's another one where I'm not sure how to end or change the climax around a little.



So three scenarios, three different times, three different leading ladies.
Christina comes from tragedy and is tormented by the fact that she may be part vampire and feels the need to prove her humanity by destroying Vampires, which leads to her being a prolific Hunter. But she has profound respect for her fellow Hunters, her mentor Ferenc, and Van Helsing. In this version, she, like Dracula, is an outsider in Van Helsing's time, and always felt much so with her Hunters.
Victoria
is not only living a life she doesn't want, having been raised by her father, the renowned vampire hunter Van Helsing, but also doesn't exactly fit into social conventions of the time because of what her father has taught her. Her situation made worse when Dracula enters the mix; when betrayed and her heart broken by Dracula, she felt it was her obligation to destroy the vampire than out of personal vengeance. But at the end of it all, Dracula understood her conflict and made her feel like the woman she wanted to be. A tragedy in on itself (Not sure if I made it out that way in the synopsis).
And Jessica is proud of her family lineage, proud of what they do and doesn't care what "normal people" think. Despite the problems with her brother, there is an unspoken love for him as she wants best for him. Her love and pride of her family and lineage may have been what saved her from a broken heart and conflicting emotions when she learned about Peter/Dracula, despite how intimate they were. She not only strives to better herself, but others as well, hence the numerous lectures including those on the occult and vampirism.

© 2015 Aliasxyn13


Author's Note

Aliasxyn13
This is all Fan-fiction due to my recent vampire craze, it is the month of haunting and of course, 1931 Dracula is awesome.
Let me know which one you like and I'm open to suggestions on how to end 1 & 3.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

120 Views
Added on October 13, 2015
Last Updated on October 15, 2015
Tags: Dracula, fanfiction, occult, vampires, horror

Author

Aliasxyn13
Aliasxyn13

Normandy Park, WA



About
Like to write scripts or stories as if in movie or comic book form, but they are, for the most part Fan-fiction, adding the "What if" factor to it. Love the fantasy, action and supernatural. A fan-gir.. more..

Writing