BT: Intro

BT: Intro

A Chapter by SDMcCarty
"

The intro to the story. The man in the bar starts to retell a tale.

"

    Here I sit at my usual table at the run down bar.  The firelight doing its best to make the cramped and dingy area seem brighter, more homely.  Bringing the ale to my mouth, I’m no longer bothered by its poignant smell.  ‘My bread helps to filter out most of the less desirable sediment in the drink,’ I muse with a slight chuckle.  Slowly raising a hand, I move a stray bit of hair that has fallen into the drink.  Tucking it behind my ear, I see the bar maid coming to my table.
    ‘Anything else,’ she asks.  She knows me by now.  I can see the excitement behind her calm façade.  The weaving of tales is my trade.  I’ve lived for quite a while and know plenty of stories.  Stories of love or loss, of war or peace, of friendship or hatred; I know them all.  I slowly raise my eyes towards hers.  Slumping back in the chair, I turn my head towards the fire.
    “Let me tell you a story,” I begin as the whole bar quiets down.  Looking into the fire, I let myself get pulled into the story.  The bar disappears as the story world envelopes me.  This world is more intoxicating than the slop I’ve just drunken.  I begin…



© 2008 SDMcCarty


Author's Note

SDMcCarty
Any tips, comments, or critiques are welcomed.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

198 Views
Added on October 26, 2008
Last Updated on October 26, 2008


Author

SDMcCarty
SDMcCarty

Sendai-shi, Japan



About
I started writing more seriously just a little while ago (about a month or so), so I am not terribly good yet. However, I do enjoy writing, so I'll continue to try! I enjoy fantasy works, and I also.. more..

Writing