BS: Chapter 01 Part 02

BS: Chapter 01 Part 02

A Chapter by SDMcCarty
"

Mikeal wakes up to find that a week has passed since he fainted. What is wrong with him?

"

Mikeal awoke in his bed, a wet clothe on his head.  He remembered spinning - a feeling of vertigo.  Opening his eyes slowly, Mikeal looked around.  A soft pink glow filled the warm room.  Someone must have lit the fire.  I must have been out for longer than I thought, Mikeal thought as he nuzzled his pillow with his cheek.  Cracking his eyes open, Mikeal noticed Roathe sitting on the old stool next to the fireplace.  He was leaning back against the wall, head towards the ceiling.  He looked like he was asleep; a gentle pink glow seemed to emanate from him.  Mikeal opened his eyes completely and looked at his brother.  Just knowing that he was there relaxed Mikeal greatly.  He let out a sigh and snuggled into his bed more.


Roathe shifted on his stool.  Slowly he lowered his head.  Rubbing the back of his neck he looked at Mikeal on the bed.  Noticing that he had moved, Roathe got up from the stool.  Stretching his back as he walked over to the bed, he knelt down to look at Mikeal’s face.  He was looking better – much more relaxed.  Roathe reached up and took the clothe from where it had slipped off of Mikeal’s head.  I wonder why he fainted like that?  It surely can’t be because he fell down the stairs…could it? Roathe wondered as he looked at his brother’s face.  “You’re really bad at pretending to be asleep, you know that, don’t you?” he jokingly asked Mikeal.


“I was enjoying my chance to relax, if you must know.  How long have I been out?”


“A week,” Roathe answered in a low voice.


“What!?” Mikeal yelled as he sat up quickly in bed.  Bright lights flashed before his eyes - green, red, pink, yellow, blue, and purple they flashed.  Feeling a wave of nausea come over him, Mikeal quickly laid back down.  Placing his hands over his eyes, Mikeal sighed out, “you’re kidding, right??”


“No,” Roathe replied as he sat crossed-legged on the floor.  “We’ve had at least three doctors come in to look at you.  As far as they can tell, nothing is wrong with you.  They assume that you hit your head when you fell down the stairs, but they don’t know anything for sure.  You said some weird things when you were asleep – like some kind of made up language.  Mother thinks you’ve been bewitched, and Father thinks you’ve gone mad,” Roathe told the blankets.  He found it rather difficult to look at this brother now.


“What do you think?” Mikeal whispered.  He feared hearing what Roathe would answer, but he felt as if he needed to know.  In the past, Mikeal had not really cared what Roathe thought of him, but what Roathe thought was wrong with him seemed of great importance in this matter.


Looking at his fidgeting hands, Roathe answered: “I…I’m not sure.  I don’t think you’re bewitched, and I don’t think you’re mad.  I think…I think that maybe you were having a bad dream and started saying those things.  In dreams, we know more and experience more than we ever could in real life.  I don’t think you’re mad, bewitched, or even delirious from the fall.  I think that you have an overactive dreamscape…maybe.”


Letting out a breath he didn’t know he had been holding, Mikeal removed his palms from his eyes and looked at his brother.  The unruly head of spikes stared back at him.  Mikeal wasn’t sure how he knew, but he knew that Roathe was telling the truth – he didn’t think that Mikeal was crazy or demented, but that something was going on, but what, he didn’t know.  Mikeal didn’t know either.  But, being with Roathe made him feel as if it would be okay.  “Have you been out in the sun a lot lately?” Mikeal said when he noticed the slight blonde tint of Roathe’s hair.


Raising his head, Roathe looked at Mikeal quizzically.  “No, I’ve hardly left this room since bringing you here.”


“Really?  Your hair looks…blonder,” Mikeal said as he scrutinized Roathe.  Mikeal slowly lifted his arm and reached towards Roathe’s head.  The closer his hand got, the more intense the yellow looked.  Still in a daze, Mikeal didn’t notice that the color was not from Roathe’s hair, but was emanating from Roathe himself.  Patting Roathe’s head, Mikeal became confused.  “I wonder why…” Mikeal slowly said as he rested his head on his brother’s head.  “That is rather…strange…you look slightly more yellow too…”


Looking into Mikeal’s eyes, Roathe said, “maybe it’ll be better if you rest more.”


“Yeah…I think you’re right…” Mikeal said as he slowly removed his hand from Roathe’s head and moved it to his stomach.  “I think I’ll rest for a little while.”


Getting up, Roathe slowly made his way to the door.  “I’ll tell Father and Mother you’re not feeling well.”  Turning towards the door he quietly added, “and I pray to Kronos that is all that it is,” and then left Mikeal to sleep.


Upon hearing the door click closed, Mikeal closed his eyes and attempted to fall asleep.  I wonder what is going on?  Maybe I am going mad.  It wouldn’t be too far off from Mother’s fainting spells…Mikeal thought before his world went black.



© 2009 SDMcCarty


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Nice chapter! I think you did a great job describing how Mikeal was feeling and everything.
“That is rather…strange…you look slightly more yellow too…”
I don't know why, but I always seem to find something funny to laugh at in each chapter. That just caught my attention! :D

Posted 14 Years Ago


I read both chapters. Totaly enjoyed the adventures or mis adventures of Mikeal. Very nice writing, look forward to reading more.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

298 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 14, 2008
Last Updated on May 30, 2009
Previous Versions


Author

SDMcCarty
SDMcCarty

Sendai-shi, Japan



About
I started writing more seriously just a little while ago (about a month or so), so I am not terribly good yet. However, I do enjoy writing, so I'll continue to try! I enjoy fantasy works, and I also.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


True love True love

A Poem by ~Qu33n B~