Flying soccer

Flying soccer

A Story by SUGATA M

In the middle of the flight, Kiara woke up to go the washroom. When she returned, she was too lazy to push her way into the middle seat. And with Rishaan readily offering to shift seats, the seating arrangement changed. With 20 minutes still remaining for the flight to land, a sleep starved Kiara took another power nap, this time holding Rishaan's right hand more firmly. Rishaan's other hand, though, nervously moved to touch Diya's. Her heart skipped a beat. Diya pulled her hand away. But a defiant Rishaan held her wrist again, this time firmly and more reassuringly. The changing behavioral dynamics between the three perhaps gave out a foreboding of what was to come in Goa.

When the flight landed at the Dabolim Airport, Rishaan felt uncanny..his excitement seemed replaced by an unknown fear that he found very difficult to decipher.

Rishaan was confident about his two year long relationship with Kiara even a month back. Diya’s unprecedented entry to his life brought the most unexpected crack to his rock-hard confidence.

As the flight was taxying across the runway he all of a sudden felt Diya’s hand reciprocating positively. Her soft, slender fingers clung to his. Her tender, sweaty hand almost melted inside the rising warmth of his wild palm.

Rishaan had never realized his arousal so intensely before.  

Diya’s eyes were glued outside through the side-window to silently follow the slowly moving greeneries on the side of the runway. He yearned for a glimpse of her toned face. He pressed her hand hard inside his.

Diya remained unmoved.

Kiara’s head was tilted against his right arm, eyes still closed, mouth slightly open with mild sidewise movements of the nostrils. There was a queer, surrendering helplessness depicted perfectly in her entire posture.

Rishaan for the first time in two years failed to enjoy it.

The flight soon stood still. Rishaan released the grip of his left hand to let Diya go. But he couldn’t.

Diya didn’t let him go. She held his hand still tight.

Rishaan was nervous. Kiara can wake up anytime. Sitting souls becoming erect fast all around, luggage being hastily pulled out from the head-tops and queue becoming longer seeking turn to disembark. Mobile phones becoming vocal with flooding of SMS alerts across the flight.

Kiara was yet to open her eyes. Divya was yet to release his hand.

Rishaan gave a gentle prod to Kiara under a faint hope that Diya might disconnect him after seeing Kiara awake.

Kiara opened her eyes and coiled back to her napping spree after a mutter around his ear, ‘Let the crowd be clear off.’

Rishaan nudged Diya rather impatiently this time to get his hand off from her. Diya only tightened her grip on him. She displayed the strength to retain him in her.

Seconds later a totally pissed off Rishaan tried desperately to get out of the seat forgetting completely about the seat-belt which was still fastened around his waist. He then almost forced himself out of Diya’s firm grip, unfastened himself in a second and stood up from the seat almost on a jerk. The action was enough to finally put a break to Kiara’s slumber and make her alert.

After collecting the bags from the overhead Rishaan silently followed Kiara and got out of the plane. He didn’t even look back a second for Diya.

The sky became a perfect blend of moistening clouds and dazzling silver-lines around them with an indistinct, faded out rainbow peeping through the West. The air smelt rain. Rishaan took a deep breath to ease out his mind.

Diya had scared the hell out of him.

He never thought her initial hesitation to be touched can so easily get transformed into the daring act for an obdurate physical intimacy.

But why? Simply a whim? Or to teach Rishaan a lesson of his life by exposing him in front of Kiara. ‘Look Kiara, that’s the true face of your boyfriend. After wooing you for two long years he is now after my skin.’

Or there was something else behind such unprecedented, erratic behavior?

When he reached Kiara who was already in the waiting queue with the others for the airlines bus to carry them to the arrival he found a funny smile beaming in her face. ‘Had I slept off little too much?’

‘I thought you had planned to sleep some more time inside the flight, so didn’t bother you.’ Rishaan smiled back.

‘Where is Diya?’ an immediate frown appeared in Kiara’s forehead.

‘She was coming right behind me.’ Rishaan turned back but couldn’t trace her anywhere.

‘Where is she?’ Kiara’s sudden outburst of concern for her cousin hit Rishaan hard.

‘Stay there.’ He warned her. ‘Don’t move from here.’ Let me have a check.’

He rushed towards the flight. The security man standing right in front of the ladder stopped him. ‘I need to go inside urgently.’ Rishaan insisted. ‘Our friend hasn’t left the flight till now.’

‘All passengers disembarked Sir.’  The security-man argued back. ‘You friend must be waiting for you in the bus-queue.’

‘She is not there.’ Rishaan was feeling nervous. ‘Please let me go inside.’

‘I can’t violate the rule Sir.’ The security-man sounded adamant.’ Please seek your friend outside.’

‘There is a lady right behind the plane.’ He was alerted by another air-man coming from the rear side of the plane. ‘Is she known to you?’

Rishaan ran towards the back side of the plane.

Diya stood there like a statue with her eyes fixed at the sky.

‘What are you doing here?’ Rishaan almost screamed at her. ‘We need to move now. Let’s go.’

The very next moment Rishaan found his hand trapped once more within her tight grip.

Diya suddenly dragged him towards her then diverted his attention to the sky. ‘There was a flying soccer right there. Can’t you see that big patch of cloud?’ She pointed out in bubbling spirit. ‘The flying soccer just disappeared behind the cloud.’ She turned her face to him. Rishaan was spellbound for the moment. She looked stunning in the dimming sunlight.

He didn’t try to release his hand this time.

‘It came with the plane all along from the mid-sky.’ She said in a dreamy voice. ‘See,’ she extended her shapely forearm, ‘I have goose-bumps. Flying soccer! Oh my God! I can’t believe it.’

‘Why didn’t you then tell me in the plane itself?’ He poked her.

‘Why didn’t you sit next to me from the beginning of the flight?’ She asked back. ‘We could have seen the flying soccer together.’ She sounded wry at the end.

‘Hurry up Diya. We have to catch the bus.’

‘What sort of person you are Rishaan? Don’t you feel any damn thing in your heart? It’s a flying soccer damn it! Once in life experience! You want to just let it go for the stupid airlines bus?’

‘Diya…..’ he couldn’t finish his words. She burst into extreme level of excitement, ‘there, there it is! Can’t you see?’ Her left index finger was straightway lifted to point at the thick patch of clouds hanging just above their head. ‘A tiny flying object came out of that cloud and vanished in a moment to the next one.’

Rishaan raised his eyes to the layers of clouds condensing around the sky but couldn’t figure out anything.

‘Sorry Diya, I couldn’t follow it.’ He said apologetically.

‘It’s alright stupid boy.’ She said swaying merrily their locked hands. ‘Don’t ever try to leave my hand.’ She giggled. ‘I will soon show you a flying soccer in the sky.’

‘Can we move now to catch the bus?’

‘Of course.’

Kiara was not seen in the tarmac anymore. Probably she had already caught the bus to reach the arrival terminus. There was no other passenger left behind except two of them.

He asked one of the men there about the bus.

‘Sorry Sir, the bus has left with the passengers. We will drop you on a cab.’

He dialed his phone to contact Kiara. The phone was switched off. Rishaan was surprised. She hates to keep her mobile off after the flights.

‘Why are you worrying about Kiara? She must be busy to find out her luggage. Don’t poke her now.’ She muttered to his ear. Her husky voice became thick at the end. ‘It’s me who will show you the flying soccer, not her.

They waited. Diya’s hand was still hidden inside his. Slowly her arm encircled his arm drawing her closer to him. Her firm round breast pressed him hard. The glowing warmth of her breath snapped his face in no time.

Is this girl going to storm in his life? ’

Rishaan suddenly felt he is overwhelmed fast by this weirdly provocative woman.

Soon the cab appeared and they boarded.

Diya didn’t keep any gap between the two while seated. Her reddened face started rubbing wildly across his arm and shoulder to land finally on his neck. Soon Rishaan felt the taste of her sharpened teeth on his ear.

He immensely liked it.

It had never happened with Kiara.

Kiara couldn’t go beyond the traditional ways of love-making.

Rishaan turned his face for a savage smooch. A sudden SMS alert grinded a halt on him.

Kiara. ‘Hit by an urgent work. Please go to hotel and check in.’

Rishaan called her up. Very surprisingly her mobile was again switched off.

‘Is it Kiara?’ Diya asked from the side.

‘Yeah.’ He put the mobile back to the pocket of his trousers.

‘What she said?’

‘She got struck by an emergency work, so can’t come to the hotel with us.’

Diya locked him tight as before. ‘Why are you worrying about her? She is a busy working girl. Let her do her work. By that time.’ she funnily winked, ‘we would know each other better…..before watching the flying soccer together.’

Rishaan couldn’t figure out why she is so much obsessed with flying soccer? Why it is coming so frequently in her conversation with him?

Their luggage were lying haphazardly near the belt. They silently collected them and loaded on the trolley.

‘Our hotel is far off from the airport.’ Rishaan said to Diya. ‘We will book a cab.’

‘There is no need of that.’ She lightly held his finger. ‘There is already a vehicle waiting outside for us.’

‘We didn’t ask for any vehicle.’ Rishaan was amazed. ‘Who booked it?’

‘Me.’ she spread a big smile across her face. The dimple at the right side of the face became prominent. ‘For just two of us.’

‘Why for two of us?’

‘Kiara is busy with her job. She is not coming with us, right?’ She grinned exposing her healthy pair of teeth with the sharp elephant’s tooth embedded in between. Rishaan had already tasted its sensual bite.

‘When you booked the car for us?’

‘Come on,’ she patted his back. ‘You are becoming unnecessarily inquisitive.’

‘But…..’

‘Rishu, honey, why can’t you understand a very simple thing?’ she stopped him pinching lightly on the side of his chest. ‘Booking a car is not important. Our going together in the car is only important.’

Her sultry eyes made him breathless.

The moment they stepped out of the exit point a well-dressed, smart-looking chauffer appeared almost rushing to them.

‘Hello, Fernandes dear, how are you?’ Diya’s intimacy indicated her close acquaintance with the chauffer.

‘I am fine M’am. Thank you and welcome to Goa.’ He picked up their luggage and moved forward through the waiting cars and throngs leaving the request to follow him.  .

They followed him being locked in each other’s’ arms till he stopped at the majestic, crimson red Bentley Flying Spur.

He smoothly opened the door and invited them to get in.

Rishhan couldn’t believe his eyes.

There was a Bentley to receive them at the airport? Diya hired a Bentley?

Rishaan took no time to sink fully in Diya’s inexplicable warmth inside the car. It became the drive of the century.

The car stopped at a sea-facing bungalow. The place was dipped in adoring silence inside nature’s breath-taking liberal abundance.

‘Whose place is this?’ Rishaan asked in absolute amazement.

‘Mine. Please come inside.’ Diya almost pulled him inside with a killer smile.

‘Where is our hotel?’ Rishaan tried to raise faint resistance. ‘We have booking there.’

‘I have cancelled the booking.’ Diya stopped to touch her velvety lips against his. ‘Why you need a hotel in Goa when I have an exotic place like this to stay?’ she murmured.

‘Your place?’ His eye-brows were raised instantly.

‘Do you have doubt? I am the one of the few heirs of Singhal Group of Industries. I possesses several of such properties across India.’.

‘Who else are staying here?’

‘No one else except you and me,’ she pinched him hard this time to make him almost groan. ‘Who knows, a flying soccer might very well accompany us soon.’

‘Why you are so much obsessed with flying soccer?’

But he couldn’t find the answer of his question. The sound of SMS alerted him again.

Kiara. ‘Sorry. I have to go back to Mumbai in the next flight. One of my close clients gets suddenly hostile due to some unknown reason. I must settle down the issues with him.’

Rishaan didn’t try to contact her. He knew well her mobile would be unreachable.

Diya took him straightway to the terrace. The sea was clearly visible from here.

‘Why you brought me here?’

Diya hugged him tight. ‘The flying soccer will soon hit the sky. You won’t like to see that…..with me?’ She couldn’t speak any more. Her lips were melted inside his. Her shapely breasts almost penetrated his chest.

 ‘I have arranged everything here for only you.’ Her serpentine elephant-tooth dug deep into his ear. ‘You will feel out of the world. Rishu, I had been living my life for this moment. You, me, and flying soccer….nobody else in the entire universe.’ She reverted back to her wild act with her fuming lips.

Rishaan was breathless for seconds. The urge to tear Diya with his oppressed manhood almost chocked his senses.

But his mobile hit with another SMS.

‘I know you are already in good hands. Probably more appropriate and deserving than mine. Wish a very good luck to you. Have a nice life.’

Did Kiara get the hint of their potential chemistry in the airport? Was that why she made a hasty withdrawal?

All of a sudden she loosened the hug. She clapped and yelled in joy. ‘Look Rishu, look. It is coming.’ Her right index finger sprang towards the sulky sky. ‘The flying soccer!’

Rishaan couldn’t believe his eyes,

He saw the mysterious flying object clearly, zooming piercing through the clouds with a twinkling light being emitted intermittently.

He remained mute for some time but got instantly alert before Diya stormed onto him.

He broke the stairs fast, ran across the velvety lawn of the ground and fell hard the gate.

‘Rishu, please stay back. Don’t go. I can’t live without you………….Rishu!’ Diya screamed from the terrace to stop him.

He stumbled on the road once, then started sprinting.

‘Don’t leave alone. I will be going to you. Wait for me.’ He shouted several times in the air.

 

The flying soccer found the destination at last. 

© 2015 SUGATA M


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

An in-depth study at the way passions wind themselves into a relations.

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

86 Views
1 Review
Added on December 13, 2015
Last Updated on December 13, 2015

Author

SUGATA M
SUGATA M

New Delhi, South Asia, India



About
Moody, creative, romantic man loves intelligent and witty women and friendly men, adores simplicity and abominates double standard more..

Writing
VIDA VIDA

A Story by SUGATA M


Scent Scent

A Story by SUGATA M