Romeo never dies - 2

Romeo never dies - 2

A Story by SUGATA M
"

I wrote Romeo never dies months back and you liked the stuff. Here is another story of another passionate crazy lover.

"

1

Boss gave the envelope to Francis and said: ‘It has the picture and advance money inside. Remember, our client would like to see the work done by the next two days. So, make your plan fast and let me know if you need any help from my side. It is a big deal.’

‘How much will be my fees’ Francis asked and lit a cigarette. He didn’t even bother to open the envelope to see the picture of his next prey.

‘I always give you good money for this kind of job Francis. This time also I won’t make you feel bad’

‘I will take fifty five percent, Boss.’

Boss looked at his best shooter straight.  Francis is becoming desperate and unruly day by day. He needs to be brought under some kind of control, but Boss can’t depend upon anyone else for this job. A single mistake in such a big deal will ruin the whole business in no time.

‘No issue, you will be paid fifty five percent.  But I am not going to tolerate any mess. You will contact me exactly after 48 hours from now to say the work is done. There is one more thing’

‘What’s that Boss?’ I put the envelope inside my side-bag.

‘The client wants you to cut the left index finger of the target after your work and carry it with you to show to the client as the proof.’

Francis paused for a while. The clients sometimes come up with funny demands.

‘This will be also done, don’t worry’ He gave him a smile of confidence.

‘Don’t forget, it should be the left index finger only and the client told me the same finger of the target carries a ring. He wants you to remove the finger with the ring intact’.

‘I have understood, no need to repeat the same thing over again’ Francis said with sheer arrogance and left the place without giving Boss the chance to say anything more.

After a couple of hours, Francis was seen to sit with Vishnu in one of the dingy suburb bars of Mumbai. Vishnu is his close watch dog who, generally tracks down the targets for one to two days at a stretch before they fall prey to Francis.

‘Trail this woman and give me her whereabouts every four hours. She is supposed to be one of the film producer’s wife. Her photograph and other details are kept in this envelope. And be careful. The party will give us heavy amount for this’ Francis was telling Vishnu in his usual cool voice.

Vishnu is a silent worker. He does no mistakes. He functions through his vast network of informers across Mumbai with near perfection. He is the only person Francis has trust on in his risky business of human-killing.

After Vishnu left the place, Francis remained there for some more time, quietly puffed some cigarettes and gulped two bottles of beer. He has to kill a woman in a day or two. He doesn’t really like to kill women, but the compensation part can’t be ignored.

He never looks at the photographs of the targets in advance. Vishnu does the homework for him to introduce the prey finally with the killer. Francis triggers the gun to end the contract.

2

‘Are you sure she was Preeti?’

‘Hundred percent’

‘What will you do now?’

‘I don’t know’

We concealed ourselves in the dark room. The room was already filled with thick smoke being emitted from our burning cigarettes.  The bottles were lying empty. The servant was sent to the market to fetch some more liquor.

‘Boss will not let you go with the contract unfinished. He has taken fat advance from the party and also given advance to you. If he comes to know about this he will take your life’ I was not in any position to hear what Vishnu was talking about. My mind was already rolling in the flashback mode.

Preeti, my Preeti.

I was about to kill her - the woman whom I loved like mad once, the woman who introduced me to my own manhood, the woman who taught me to love life and people? I almost made myself her killer?  Oh my God, my hands are still shaking.

She was my classmate in Delhi. We used to roam around the city in my Yamaha motor-bike. Preeti used to hug me tightly from the back. Her round breasts were pressed firmly on me. I drove the machine while drawing the fragrance of her flying hair deeply inside me that often hit my face and neck from behind. We made love inside her room in the girls’ hostel whenever her room-mate was away. Each and every episode of our intensely passionate physical union is still so fresh in my memory after years.

Today, when I have been metamorphosed into a ruthless death-dealer of Mumbai, I still fantasize my wild days with Preeti.

Preeti finally got to be married with a film producer of Mumbai, I had no idea about that too.

And, it is Preeti’s husband who wants to get rid of her and Boss has taken the contract of killing Preeti from him. But, what for?

The courses of our life changed completely after the disaster in my family. My father was killed by two of my uncles as a consequence of dispute over certain property related issues. I became a completely changed man after that and looking for opportunities to revenge. Preeti tried to stop me. She wanted me to knock the door of justice and wait till my killer uncles get punished by the court of law. I didn’t listen to her.

Gradually I found myself in the companies of some seasoned crooks of Delhi who helped me to eliminate my two uncles and their family members in an overnight blood-shed. And I ran away from Delhi and in course of time got completely cut off from Preeti and sank into the world of crime in Mumbai.

I wish I listened to Preeti’s advice in my crisis. I could have a peaceful happy life with Preeti and our children by this time.

After so many years, today, I met Preeti in the spree of killing her. Thanks God, I did recognize her at the last moment and didn’t press the trigger. Hopefully, Preeti didn’t see me as I was waiting for her inside my car as per the information given by Vishnu when she was coming out of the mall of Juhu alone to board her own car.

My plan was to follow her and stop her car in the midway and then to shoot her. My heart stopped after recognizing her as Preeti.  I immediately turned back from the mall without even trying to chase her car. I felt my black tarry soul was crying for the most heinous act of my life I was about to commit.

Vishnu was waiting for me at my residence. I had to tell him my story as an old trusted associate. He lost his speech after hearing me and didn’t know how to respond to my sudden unexpected crisis.

We sat for a long time, smoked and boozed together for a long by keeping ourselves locked inside the room. Probably Vishnu was thinking how to put me out of this difficult situation and I was thinking a different ball-game.

‘Vishnu, listen, whatever will happen to me I really don’t care now. But I have to protect Preeti as her life is in real danger now’ I broke the silence.

‘But how do you do that?’ Vishnu exclaimed

‘I till have no idea. May be, I can meet and caution her’

‘Crazy lover, do you think, after so many years she will believe in your words?’ Vishnu gave me mocking smile, ‘And what will you tell her after that? You have got the contract to kill her from none other than her husband?’

I remained quiet. My mind suddenly filled with extreme worries about Preeti’s life. Her husband is after her blood and he can hire any of those professional killers to accomplish the job when I step out. He is very big shot in Bollywood. He has no dearth of money and influence.

Poor Preeti will get killed and never, ever get justice.

‘Vishnu, I have made up my mind. I just can’t look back. Preeti must be saved from that monster. Our time is very short. Please give me a good plan’ I told him impatiently.

Vishnu sank into deep thought. I tried to tell him something in the middle but he waved his hand to stop me. After about fifteen minutes he opened his mouth.

Preeti, I will never let you die. I love you so much…..will never stop loving you baby.

3

The news of assassination of Mr Vishal Kapoor in the early morning in Juhu beach spread like fire across the country. Surprisingly, his bodyguards who saved his life several times previously, failed to protect him from the target of the assailant. It is assumed that the killer hid himself inside the sand of the beach and was waiting for Mr Kapoor for long. He shot the famous film producer of Bollywood almost from the point blank range to kill him on the spot. The bodyguards in retaliation killed his killer but it was already too late.

Vishal Kapoor is survived by his wife Preeti and one daughter. Mr Kapoor was not in good terms with his wife for last several years and started living together with a budding young actress at his residence in Juhu.

Mr Vishal Kapoor’s killer has been identified as Francis Dugal, a notorious sharp-shooter of Mumbai, who used to work for several operating gangs of the city. Mumbai cops have already started investigation to nab the key culprits who are behind the killing of Mr Kapoor.

© 2012 SUGATA M


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

It is so sad yet so selfless for Francic to sacrifice himself to save the women he once loved. She would probably never undersrand why he did it and that is heartbreaking. This is truly a touching and great tragic story. The name of the story fits perfectly.

Posted 12 Years Ago


if you were to continue this i‘d keep reading!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Incredible journey with a very mysterious feel. Excellent writing.


Posted 12 Years Ago


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Interesting piece!

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

233 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 9, 2012
Last Updated on May 9, 2012

Author

SUGATA M
SUGATA M

New Delhi, South Asia, India



About
Moody, creative, romantic man loves intelligent and witty women and friendly men, adores simplicity and abominates double standard more..

Writing
VIDA VIDA

A Story by SUGATA M


Scent Scent

A Story by SUGATA M