Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by Scarlett

It was a quiet and peaceful night on Rebel St. The only sounds were the wind and the quarreling of bats in a nearby tree. But then, disturbing the peace came a peicing scream. It was followed by voices shouting and smashing of glass. The door of a house swung open and a teenager girl fled down the steps and up the street. She ran, not caring where she was going. She ran past Eleanor's house and Jonathon's house. Eleanor and Jonathon were the town bullies and had made it their job to make Scarlett's life a living hell. Scarlett fled past the triplet's house and past the Robertson's house. The triplets were the children of a millionaire who had retired to this boring town to get away from the noisy city. The Robertsons were a large family with ages of all kind. She fled past the house of the newcomer. The newcomer's name was Gethin Ryan. He was a strange mysterious man who avoided everyone.

Scarlett finally tired out and she stopped panting for breath. She looked around and found she had reached the end of the street. Rebel St, she mused. If only she could become a rebel. She would break all the laws and run. Oh yes, she would indeed run. She would run from this hateful town, away from her family and school. She sighed. It could never be. She was stuck here forever. She stood under the street sign for over an hour than slowly she turned and headed back.
As she came to her house and turned into the driveway, she heard footsteps coming from behind. She went to turn but a hand clapped over her mouth and held it shut. A strong arm encircled her waist and she was dragged backwards towards the road. Scarlet struggled and tried to bite the hand but it was no use, the captor had to strong of a grip.

 "Struggle and you are dead."

The voice was low and menacing. It sent a shudder down Scarlett's spine and she went limp.

 "That's better, Eleanor. I'm supprised you even stuck up a fight."

Scarlett froze in horror. She had been mistaken for another person. For Eleanor. Life just wasn't fair. It would have served Eleanor right to be kidnapped but life just had to be cruel. When the man found his mistake would he let her go or would he kill her? Scarlett gave a strangled sob.

"Aw, Ellie, are you crying?" mocked the man.

 He had dragged her over to a car where another man was waiting. "Ah, see you found her" the new man said with a chuckle. "You made out she would be a baby and just cry for her mama. Instead, she's a little tiger."

Scarlett's captor shrugged.

 "It's seemed she's changed in the last few years."

He leant down until he was at eyelevel.

 "Look, sweetheart. I don't want any violence so listen clearly. I'm going to take my hand away from your mouth. My buddy here will have a gun, so don't even think of running or screaming. I am  then going to gag and tie you, okay?"

Scarlet nodded. The man slowly moved away his hand. He then gagged her tightly and tied her arms behind her back. Scarlett didn't say a word but let them push her into the car. The second man leaned over and pulled her beanie down so it covered her eyes. The car started and slowly crept off down the road. It seemed like hours before the car finally stopped and the men roughly pulled her out and into a building.

 "Okay, Ellie. Welcome to your new home."

The ropes were cut from her wrist and the gag was untied. One of the men reached up to her beanie and pulled it off. Scarlett's long red hair free from being hidden inside it, now flowed around her like a river of fire. The room filled with silence then,
 "Hey Ryan, I have a feeling you took the wrong kid."



© 2017 Scarlett


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

146 Views
Added on November 11, 2016
Last Updated on March 21, 2017


Author

Scarlett
Scarlett

I live in My Whimsical Mind



About
I'm Scarlett. I started writing when I was 13. I mainly write fantasy and fiction but would love to try mystery and horror. I love writing lyrics but I'm not very good. I might even post some of the .. more..

Writing
Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla

A Chapter by Scarlett


Da Dee Da Da Dee Da

A Chapter by Scarlett


Stuff Stuff

A Book by Scarlett