Chapter 4

Chapter 4

A Chapter by Scarlett

Gethin was outside smoking when the front door opened and Tristan came out dragging a breathless Scarlett.

"I don't care what you are going to say, Gethin but this young lady is not going back."

Gethin raised an eyebrow at the outburst and took the cigarette from his mouth. "We can't let her go. We already decided that before. Oh and if I were you, I'd let go before your uncle comes back out. Nineteen or not, he would still belt you."

Scarlett stared at Tristan is supprise. He looked much older than nineteen. She would be that age in only a week.

Tristan glared at Gethin. "Shut up! What my uncle does, is none of your concern. Listen Gethin, we didn't kidnap this girl, we rescued her. She was abused by her family. That was why she was out so late on the street. She was trying to keep away for as long as she could."

Gethin sighed. "Are you suggesting we keep her, Tristan? She doesn't belong here. We will leave her for the police to find after we get Eleanor."

"We are not leaving her anywhere. If you won't take her, I will. If we made the mistake of taking her than we must face the consequenses. Please, Gethin. I know you dislike girls but we can't let her live with parents like the ones she has."

"Why don't you let the girl decide?"

Tristan jumped at the sound of his uncle's voice. He slowly turned to him. "I can explain, sir."

"I heard" muttered Garven as he sat down on the porch beside Gethin. "To be truthful, she is our responsibility since we kidnapped her. Can you cook, girl?"

Scarlett nodded. "I can also knit, crochet and sow."

Garvan studied her thoughtfully. "If it is your wish, we can take you to another town and find a home. I have plenty of friends who would love the help of a young woman. It's your choice but keep in mind that for the time being you'll have to run with us. If we ever get caught by the police, you'll have some awkward questions to answer."

Scarlett turned and gazed up at the moon. Her mind was racing. Would she? Should she? If she did she would be free. If she was caught she could tell the truth. But would these three man be much better than her own parents? Tristan had already shown a dangerous side but then again he had also shown a good one. Why was she pausing when this was what she had hoped for, for so long?

She sighed. "I'm going to say yes so don't make me regret it."

Tristan whooped loudly and Garvan smiled. Scarlett watched Gethin closely. He didn't seem to show any emotion at all. Scarlett's eyes narrowed. This meant war.



© 2017 Scarlett


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

89 Views
Added on November 30, 2016
Last Updated on March 21, 2017


Author

Scarlett
Scarlett

I live in My Whimsical Mind



About
I'm Scarlett. I started writing when I was 13. I mainly write fantasy and fiction but would love to try mystery and horror. I love writing lyrics but I'm not very good. I might even post some of the .. more..

Writing
Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla

A Chapter by Scarlett


Da Dee Da Da Dee Da

A Chapter by Scarlett


Stuff Stuff

A Book by Scarlett