Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by srjj

Since the dawn of time there stood three dragons who reigned as gods over the world of Vulcan, the white dragon Raizel the Gold Dragon Zanthia and the Black Dragon Arcadia. The dragons all had the ability to change into a human form once they decided on the form they could not choose another.
The three Dragons split the world evenly deciding to live in castles floating above their respective domains. The white Dragon Raizel ruled over the North, Zanthia the Middle and Arcadia the South. The three dragons were as family although very different.
To all his people Raizel was an open and kindhearted God who lived to serve as a noble leader. He listened to the worries of the people, accepted all races and ensured no one lived in poverty using his grand magic to serve all within the land. To pass the time and relate to the daily life of those within his domain the white dragon interacted in human form, Raizel in his human form took on the form of a young man around fourteen years of age. His hair was of medium length and flowed down to his shoulders the platinum white shine caught ones’ eye from a distance in addition the luster of his hair caused even the females developed feelings of jealousy, his eyes were the colour of a molten gold they smoldered in an unbelievable way and allowed no dishonesty to escape his sight. When looking at him one could not call him anything but beautiful with a slim yet muscular build and his slender face and a slightly pointed chin.
To all her people Zanthia accepted only those who wanted to live as one with nature. Ninety percent of her people were demi human as they felt most comfortable in the middle lands as it had an abundance of both forests and water. Zanthia was a quiet ruler and appointed elders from each of the demi-human clans to run things in her stead.
To all his people Arcadia was a Kind-hearted ruler he accepted all, not only those who wanted to live in peace but those who had darkness in their hearts. Arcadia spent his days in seclusion preferring to live a quiet life he created a system to more efficiently rule his land and created a grand magic that endowed those he chose with an aspect of his god like power. Although to most it seemed he was disinterested he kept watch over his domain and interacted with the apostles he created ensuring all lived without hunger, pain or suffering.
A thousand years passed without many incidents and the Golden dragon called a meeting with the other two gods. When they arrived at her castle she spoke to her kin explaining she had decided to enter eternal sleep, she described how her people and land had thrived without any interference from her and she wished to leave the decisions and way of life up to the respective races in her domain. Arcadia despaired at the thought of losing his kin to eternal sleep and tried to convince Zanthia to remain in her seat of power however she declined growing more heated Arcadia stood in anger ranting his opinion, finally the calm and collected Raizel interrupted the black dragons angry ranting and accepted Zanthia’s decision with a great sadness in his heart. As though dowsed in cold water Arcadia sat down and accepted he had no way of stopping her after Raizel accepted her decision.
Raizel asked the Gold dragon how she planned to enter eternal sleep as he recalled the time before he discovered the other two kin, how he had grown tired of being alone and attempted to end his existence only to find it impossible as he attacked himself with lightning, threw himself into magma and fell from the heavens without flight only to find himself unharmed. Zanthia revealed a smile and shared with them a magic formation she had spent over an epoch to create. Zanthia explained that when applied to her castle the formation would turn it into a sanctuary and send her to a timeless dimension where she would enter a permanent sleep frozen in time.
As her final request to Arcadia and Raizel the gold dragon Zanthia requested that they leave her domain and its path to the demi-human elders, of course they both accepted immediately.
Three hundred more years passed since Zanthia entered her eternal sleep and the world had changed significantly. The Black dragon had become completely secluded and left everything regarding the southern domain to his nine apostles with no interaction from himself. Unfortunately, four of the apostles acted in greed and created factions to expand their territory to the middle domain, they enslaved any demi-human that wandered too far from the enchanted forests. At first the four acted in a stealthy fashion however as time went on their deeds were discovered by the others. The four apostles were called to a meeting by the rest and informed that although they could not be punished for their actions they would be reported to God Arcadia. For many moons the four elders trembled awaiting punishment however nothing happened.
As time continued the four apostles acted with less and less caution and yet still no punishment befell them, consumed with greed they demanded tributes from the people; poverty and famine became rampant in the south. The people once charged with protecting the land were now the parasites who drained life from it.
The secluded Arcadia watched over his domain with an all-seeing eye; slowly madness started to encroach his mind. Despaired by the loss of Zanthia the black dragon had decided to forsake everything, he worked on new magic techniques to pass the time and followed the gold dragon’s example and allow the people to run themselves yet for many years he watched as greed and devastation spread, more than a million years had passed since his existence came to fruition, Arcadia had witnessed the world and its people take shape and guided them and yet after a few hundred years without him they became savages.
Tired of everything Arcadia’s maddened mind formed a terrible plan to return the world to zero. He created an army of demonic beasts using his divine magic and set them loose on his people regardless if they were good, evil, man, woman or child. Blood flowed through the south as the demonic army spread the apostles worked to protect their cities from the demonic beasts. Shortly after releasing his army, the crazed black dragon flew to the north to meet Raizel convinced his kin would follow suit and work with him to return all races to zero.
On arrival Raizel greeted the black dragon with a worried look, news of the demonic beasts spreading in the south had caused his people to worry for their safety. Raizel thought it must have become unmanageable for Arcadia and that he was about to request help to overcome the beasts plaguing hid domain however to his horror the Black dragon began to speak of what he had witnessed over the past three hundred years and spoke of his plan to destroy all creatures.
Shocked by the drastic change in his kind-hearted kin Raizel tried to talk sense into Arcadia but the Black Dragon exploded in anger that Raizel would not help him and was even trying to persuade him to stop. Rage and Madness consumed the black dragon as he unleashed a devastating attack on Raizel. The unexpected attack hit the white dragon and caused great wounds although the damage caused by Arcadias attack was healing quickly, though he was immortal wounds took great amounts of mana to heal so subsequently Raizel was left weakened.
The weakened white dragon pleaded again with his kin to stop his madness and return to his kind-hearted brother he had known for an eternity. The pleading fell on deaf ears and Arcadia prepared to attack Raizel again however this time prepared for the attack Raizel sent mana to his white scales to create a barrier over his body. Deflecting the attack, the white dragon returned one of his own, however Arcadia easily brushed the attack away with his wings. Surprised by the weak attack the Black dragon ridiculed Raizel and began unleashing an attack towards the city closest to the floating castle. Raizel became enraged by Arcadia’s action and unleashed a full powered black lightning attack at the Black dragon, realizing the power behind the attack Arcadia instinctively dodged. However, thanks to Raizel’s actions the black dragons attack missed the city and hit the sea instead. 
With great sadness Raizel steeled his resolve he would become death incarnate, any individual who dared attempt to hurt his people would be granted a swift execution, even if it was his kin. The Two dragons began a fight to the death in the sky above the northern domain. Raizel unleashed devastating attack again and again toward the black dragon forcing Arcadia towards the sea so the battle would damage his people as little as possible.
Realizing the white dragon’s intent, the crazed Arcadia allowed Raizel’s attacks to push him back dodging one attack after the other Arcadia kept falling back letting his enemy use up his mana. When Raizel’s attacks became weakened the black dragon unleashed a devastating attack of white lightning, the attack rushed towards Raizel and sent him flying into the sea a tsunami formed from the impact and traveled towards the northern coast.
Flying in the sky Arcadia knew he could not end Raizel’s life no matter how he tried so he decided to use his new technique to seal Raizel for eternity. When used this technique instead of granting a portion of a dragon’s power it would split their power into nine pieces, the Black dragon unleashed his trump card on Raizel as he slowly flew from the sea. Unable to avoid the unknown technique Raizel screamed in great pain as cracks began to appear all over his white scales. Arcadia explained to the white dragon that he was splitting his power into nine crystals and would use Raizel’s sealed power alongside his own to destroy everyone. Realizing there was only one way to stop Arcadia, Raizel unleashed the formation Zanthia had taught them to force himself and the black dragon into an eternal sleep however the two techniques resonated with each other and created an unexpected effect the black dragon fell from the sky and entered a deep sleep in the sea. Raizel’s body split into nine pieces and traveled thought the world all except his heart and mind which slipped to another world.
Raizel’s consciousness awoke in an unknow place there were dead people everywhere all were of the human race. Nothing more that thoughts Raizel traveled the unfamiliar land eventually coming upon a young boy with black hair and black eyes. Although dying the boy was still alive with tears in his eyes the boy shifted his gaze towards Raizel surprised the boy with strange eyes spoke in anxious voice in a language unknown to Raizel. Raizel got closer to the boy out of curiosity and the boy reached his shaking hand towards Raizel and a bright flash exploded from where the two had touched. Again, Raizel’s consciousness faded.
All that remained on the barren land of death was an uninjured Japanese boy with dirty white hair and one molten gold and one midnight black eye. The boy had entered a deep sleep and was found sixty-three years later by a man with a metal detector.


© 2018 srjj


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

90 Views
Added on June 4, 2018
Last Updated on June 4, 2018
Tags: Teen, fantasy, magic, dragons


Author

srjj
srjj

Dumfries and Galloway, United Kingdom



About
just an beginner who wants to write ... look after me okay x more..

Writing