Stand Still

Stand Still

A Poem by STAND.STILL
"

Just listen.

"

That moment in time, when life stands still…The very earth, the meaning of life as we know it, escapes from our grasps and the realization; the epiphany in which we, human beings and the creatures that were placed on this world, seeking truth and love and for our meaning in life… searching for our very purpose, has put on hold. Only movement in the world is the remaining breeze from previous actions. The rush, the excitement of America has stood still. And there you are… here, we are. Desperate and lost in our confusion. What went wrong is this life? What am I doing, and what have we become? Waiting… waiting for what? If there was only day, and no night… if there was no wrong, no rights?
            The earth stands still as the silence whispers to my relief.  A deep breath, a realization that we as a people spend numerous hours wasting life away; paying no attention to others, to our soul... and our relationship with one another… The path in which we walk, the choices we have made have led to the beginning of the end. The earth, still. Our world as we know it has collapsed into a spiritual mystification of injustice. Stand still, and listen. 

© 2013 STAND.STILL


Author's Note

STAND.STILL
Amateur, but but still loving life.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

138 Views
Added on April 21, 2013
Last Updated on April 21, 2013
Tags: Life, Living, Peace, Free thinking, spiritual, love, remember