The Parallel Universe

The Parallel Universe

A Story by Sabby
"

Could it be? I was in a parallel universe...but are the people there the people that I know? They seemed so different...

"

Have you ever wondered about the parallel universe? About what it had there, about what was going on, and who you are? To tell the truth, I have no idea if what I saw on that very night was real. I know very well that it is a dream, but…have I actually gotten a glimpse into the parallel universe? Or was it just my imagination? None of us would ever know, for it happened once, and only once…but would it happen again? And here…I would tell you a story, of what had probably arisen my chances for a glimpse of the parallel universe, and what I have seen…

(Wednesday)
7:00 p.m.

“What if, in a parallel universe…you’re a boy and your crush is a girl?” My brother asked. “Me being a boy, cool. No period. My crush being a girl…He- I mean she, would look stupid.” I said, as a picture of my crush with a blonde hair came up in my mind. “And you…as a girl.” I said, giggling. I had imagined him with a pink, funky, girly hairstyle. And he looks stupid. “And you’ll have period…which would make you even MORE moody than you are in this universe.” I said, laughing. “What if…we were ALL zebras in a parallel universe.” He said. “Then we’d be a pack.” My mother said. My dad couldn’t really join in the conversation. His English wasn’t really that good, and him speaking English would kill me. It’s seriously weird when he speaks English. It’s unnatural, but I know he’s trying and I’m proud of him, but can he NOT speak English right when he’s with my friends? He sometimes seems so freaky. A guy walked to our table and put down a plate of spaghetti, snapping me back to reality. “Thank you…” I muttered, and took a sip of my tea before grabbing the plate. “Mine!” I said, playfully glaring at my brother. My mom, my brother and I were all eating spaghetti, and they usually gave the plates one at a time, so basically, most of the time Alvin and I are in the run for the first person to eat. His food and mom’s came next and we stopped talking to eat. After eating, we just went home. Nothing special. I watched a movie with my mother til’ 12:00 a.m.. And I went to bed…
I was just tossing and turning at first, not being able to sleep. But when I drifted off to sleep…It happened. The dream. Or is it?

-The Parallel Universe-

I wandered the town that I had awoken in; no one seemed to notice me. I was a ghost, going through them. Some children cry and scream, pointing at me. Their adults hush them, embarrassed that their child would behave like that in public. And then I saw him. My crush. He looked the same, but there was something different. The kindness that I had always liked in him was gone �" replaced with a meanness. He looked like one of those dumb jocks, unlike the smart nerdy person that I used to like. Was this the parallel universe? Everyone was the same…except for their personality…? The theory that I had in mine wasn’t proven…until I saw myself. She wasn’t like the real me. Oh, no. She was me, but not me. She was wearing �" dear Satan, please kill me �" a pink, frilly dress. I didn’t know which embarrassed me more �" the pink, or the dress? Rule number one of being me was to never, ever, wear dresses. I hated the scratchy material just so I could look ‘nice’. And the other thing was that she…looked like a cowardly bully. She had no friends near her at all, and everyone seemed to be running away from her. So. Definitely. Not. Me. The real me could walk up to some of my friends and just…talk. And the next person I saw…guess…was my best friend. That really, really, freaked me out. In real life, I had helped her to not be the shy person she once was, although she is still kind of shy, she had more friends now. But here’s the thing. My shy, gentle, best friend was now a…hipster? A pretty popular one, at that. Lots of friends were crowding around her and I could hear her voice from where I was standing. That was one of the things she never really had. Being loud. She was always soft and kind on people. She’s also much, much more mean now…I can hear her, shouting curse words at someone. Ouch. I didn’t feel like exploring this parallel universe anymore. The enthusiasm that I had felt earlier faded away. What’s so fun in exploring a world of meanness? But, just as I thought that, a new thought came to me. If it was the opposite personalities…then…could it be…? Would the bullies that bullied me be nice? At first it struck me as something good; my bullies, being nice. But then I realized. They would never change in the real world. The parallel me was…the bullies. It was just all so…weird. Horrifying. I didn’t cherish the thought of being such a mean and lonely person. I walked towards the parallel me, and I could hear her whispering something. It had a tune to it, so I leaned closer, trying to figure out the words. It was definitely a song. I captured the last few words. “…mean I’m lonely when I’m alone…” That struck deep inside me. I could have never imagined myself being so…friendless. No one to share my thoughts with, no one to care for me, no one to complain to, no one to cry on, no one to ask for help from. It was like a hell that I have never seen. The parallel universe was more like a nightmare than a dream.
I left my parallel self behind, wandering the town once again. Who else would I find in this parallel town? Somebody went through me again, but this time there was a weird feeling that went through my body. A feeling of familiarity. I turned around…to see my brother. He seemed much more happier, much more carefree. He had a dog by his side, and not surprisingly, no knives at all. Although the dog part was kind of surprising. He loved dogs. So why would his parallel self, who is the opposite of him, want a dog? Could it be that each of our parallel self still has a tiny bit of the real us? The more I thought about it, the more it made sense. I started recalling a few facts. My crush was still into sports, with the fact that he looked like a dumb jock. Me, singing “Stronger”. I usually did that when I felt alone. But it hit me. My best friend. What did she have in common with her real self? Was she still the hopeless romantic she was? I turned away from my brother and went in search for my best friend. I found her, this time alone. She was gazing at �" Oh. My. God. �" a guy. Not just any guy. He had a kind of mafia boss feeling in my world, but here, he looked scared and kind. He was kind of mean in the real world. I glanced back at my best friend and poked her, my finger going directly through her. Oops. She shivered slightly at my touch, as if she could feel me. “Aha! Caught you!” I whispered. She turned around when I said it, with a kind of shocked look. I had always known that she liked that guy, but she did say that she had grown out of it. But turns out, she was lying! I danced around, clapping. Great news for me. I couldn’t wait to get back to my world and tease her. “Sabrina…wake up. You can sleep in the car.” I heard a rather familiar voice say. I felt myself being pulled, and the town around me soon began to disappear. I felt colder, and I could feel a hand on my arm now. I opened my eyes sleepily, and saw my dad there. I stood up, and like a robot, I began doing what I always did before going to school.

© 2015 Sabby


Author's Note

Sabby
There's going to be a part two~ This one's slightly weird xDD It was for a competition in my secret group with someone, two people voted for me so I guess its considered as I won? XD

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Good ol' times. By the way, hi.

Who said you won, eh? :^)

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Dashie

8 Years Ago

OH NOOOOOO
Sabby

8 Years Ago

THIS IS WHAT FRIENDS ARE FOR, RIGHT? >:)
Dashie

8 Years Ago

MY LITTLE PONYYYY~

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

145 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on August 25, 2015
Last Updated on August 25, 2015
Tags: Supernatural

Author

Sabby
Sabby

Malaysia



About
I started writing in 2014, and got brave enough to post them on websites in 2015~ I was busy with exams and stuff for a few years but now I'm back~ And before writing new stories, I'll be re-reading o.. more..

Writing
Imagine Imagine

A Story by Sabby


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Sabby


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Sabby