The Corrupted King

The Corrupted King

A Story by Sabby
"

I wanted money...but he took my life instead...

"

I smiled as I saw the murderer in front of me. How many coins would he offer? A hundred? Nah, too less, he is a murderer after all. A thousand perhaps? No, too less! Ten thousand! Yes, definitely! This person would do anything to get away with the crime, it seemed. I looked around, I had ordered that all the Council officials to be outside while I talked with the murderer. All that was left were the few guards. I glared at them and shouted ', Get the hell out of here!" They looked at me, then the prisoner uncertainly, and then left the room without another word. I returned my gaze to the murderer. "How much?" He whispered to me. "I'll do anything..." He added. I smiled at him. "I know." There was something off about him, but I couldn't quite put my finger on it. He didn't give me the feeling of a murderer, but then, don't most murderers feel like a nice person? I shook the thought away and looked at him. "10000 coins." I offered. "But, Your Highness, I do not have that much money." "You know you have to pay up or I'll take your life." I threatened. He looked at me, scared. It had always worked. But this time, it took a different turn. "How about I take yours?" He said. He stood up and unsheathed a knife. I was shocked. How could the guards let him carry a weapon into the court? I shouted for help, but none came. All I could do was scream as I felt the knife at my throat. And then, pain...and soon, darkness followed.....

A great celebration followed after the corrupted king died, the 'murderer', who was a butcher was awarded for killing the wretched and corrupted king. A new king was elected that day, and he knew he'd have to keep out...or else he'd be assassinated too...by his own subjects.

© 2015 Sabby


Author's Note

Sabby
Credit to one of my friends (Lee Vui Kee) for suggesting the name, giving me an idea. Again, tell me if I have any problems so I can improve.~

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

125 Views
Added on August 25, 2015
Last Updated on August 25, 2015
Tags: Murder

Author

Sabby
Sabby

Malaysia



About
I started writing in 2014, and got brave enough to post them on websites in 2015~ I was busy with exams and stuff for a few years but now I'm back~ And before writing new stories, I'll be re-reading o.. more..

Writing
Imagine Imagine

A Story by Sabby


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Sabby


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Sabby