The Psychopath in Me

The Psychopath in Me

A Story by Sabby
"

I smiled back, a psychotic smile, for now I had accepted that the girl in my dreams, was not just any girl. It was me, and she was a psychopath…and she and I…were one.

"

 I opened my eyes, and saw the eerie

 darkness of the hallway glaring back at


 me. My bedroom was on my


 right, the door shut tight, as though it had


 forbidden me to enter it. I slowly 

stood up, not understanding why I was not in my bedroom, but instead of entering it again, I walked down the hallway, feeling the 

need to go to the basement. 


Down the stairs I went, and into the kitchen. The door to the basement beckoned to me, begging me to enter. I stood before it, my heart beating rapidly in my chest. Just then, I realized, normally, if I had exited my bedroom and went down the stairs, my family would have noticed for they were light sleepers. I shrugged it off, and put my hand on the doorknob. I took a deep breath before I turned the doorknob…only to see…myself? She was standing there, looking at me. We were the same, yet so different. Her eyes were blood red, her clothes stained with blood. She held a knife that was also covered in blood. She looked at me, and smiled. “I’ve been waiting for you…”She said. She walked down the stairs, and I felt like running, but I didn’t. I felt like she was going to show me something important, like she was going to tell me something about…me. I followed her down the stairs that lead to the basement, and soon saw blood. Lots and lots of blood. She turned around and looked at me, whispering “, are you ready to get your revenge?” I looked at her, confusion in my eyes, and she continued walking. I followed her, and after a while, she stopped. This seemed to be our destination, for she took a piece of cloth and began wiping the blood off her hands. I looked around and my eyes fell on a few people. Their limbs were cut off, lying on the ground, there were even some fingers here and there. And after looking at their faces for a while, I realized with a heavy heart that they were my family. She looked back at me again, setting the cloth that she was holding aside. “There are more…” she whispered, the smile not leaving her face. I looked at her in horror…there were…more? She pointed to my left, and I saw a few people there. They were around my age…and then I started to slowly recognize them. The first one, who had her fingers chopped off, was my former best friend who betrayed me. The second one, who had part of her flesh peeled off, was my bully. And as I looked at each and every one of them, I saw that they were those who had bullied me, betrayed me and looked down on me. I felt her stare on me, and I turned to her. “I am you, you are me. We are one…this is all…your doing…” She whispered. “B-but-” I stuttered, only to have myself cut off by her, no, me. “You don’t get it, do you. You’ve been trying to deny it, but you yourself know it. That this is what you’ve wanted. And this is what’ll happen…only if you accept that you are a psychopath…” She whispered, and giggled before disappearing.

 

I woke up, this time in my room. I stood up and walked out of my room and went to the kitchen. My parents were there, talking to my former best friend. My former best friend looked at me, smiling brightly. “Hi, Abby!” She said happily. I smiled back, a psychotic smile, for now I had accepted that the girl in my dreams, was not just any girl. It was me, and she was a psychopath…and she and I…were one.

© 2015 Sabby


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

129 Views
Added on December 18, 2015
Last Updated on December 18, 2015

Author

Sabby
Sabby

Malaysia



About
I started writing in 2014, and got brave enough to post them on websites in 2015~ I was busy with exams and stuff for a few years but now I'm back~ And before writing new stories, I'll be re-reading o.. more..

Writing
Imagine Imagine

A Story by Sabby


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Sabby


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Sabby