I am Sunflower !, By Sabina Sindhu

I am Sunflower !, By Sabina Sindhu

A Story by Sabina Sindhu
"

Children's Story

"

 

Children's story

" Sabina Sindhu

 

I am Sunflower, I face towards Sun

 

People made a beautiful garden. There were colorful flowers and green plants. Flowers were incomparable in their beauty. Flowers were blooming in the season. They were happy.

 

            Seasons were not stable. They changed, with the changing of time. When time changed winter approached. Because of cold, flowers set down their heads to warm themselves. Some flowers did not bear cold, so fall down and were mixed in soil.

 

A Flower wondered and said, "Are we only feeling cold or human too?" "People stay in house. They make fire to get warm. They wear warm clothes to tolerate the temperature. So, they do not have problem in winter," She thought

 

She addressed all flowers and said," Dear friends, we should solve the problem of cold or else, we will die like our other friends"

"What to do", they replied.

"I do not find any solutions", another flower shrilled.

 

The leader flower told, "We should bloom making our body straight, so we will be tall and can get warm rays from the sun easily. In such a way we can get rid from the trouble"

 

Some flowers laughed and teased her. They did not take her suggestion seriously.

"We don't like the idea. If we bloom making body straight, we will have backbone pain", Shorter flowers answered.

          The leader flower was sad because her friends did not like her ideas. Cold was rising. But sun too appeared. 'I will head towards sun to get rid of the cold', the leader flower decided. Her friends were confused. Usually, she faces towards sun. This is true nowadays too. Do you know her name, her name is Sunflower.

 

Many years have passed since this incident happened. She too blooms in our time. You can see her facing towards sun.

 

 

" [email protected]

 

 

 

© 2013 Sabina Sindhu


Author's Note

Sabina Sindhu
Picture Source : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunflower

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

The sun of a positive spirit flowers in this story - it refreshes the spirit.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Sabina Sindhu

7 Years Ago

Thank you Solar
This is a lovely little story. Totally get lost in the telling. Really enjoyed it.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Sabina Sindhu

8 Years Ago

Thank you Jesserose !
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Sam
A clever tale. I wish I'd come up with it.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Sabina Sindhu

8 Years Ago

Thank you Sam
Hi Sabina,your imagination is great and convincing.
Like your write.


Posted 10 Years Ago


Sabina Sindhu

10 Years Ago

Thank you, Zainul
zainul

10 Years Ago

You are most welcome,Sabina.
A very sweet, endearing tale. I will surely narrate it to my son. He loves bedtime stories.

Please post more of your writing Sabina.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Sabina Sindhu

10 Years Ago

Thank you Divya !
Thank you very much !!!!!!

Posted 10 Years Ago


This poem has enormous charm as well as a sweet and gentle moral! Plus, I can see the logic or why and how Sunflowers grow so tall and as you clearly know, their faces seem to reflect the sun!

Your writing's smooth and considered but you've mixed the tenses and muddled sentence-form in places. Yet all that can be gradually learned by reading well written British novels. I'm sure you can find an approprioate list in a library.

Welcome to my little corner of the Writers Cafe. :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


Sabina Sindhu

10 Years Ago

Thank you Emma !

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

529 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 24, 2013
Last Updated on December 9, 2013

Author

Sabina Sindhu
Sabina Sindhu

Kathmandu, Nepal



About
I am Sabina Sindhu, a freelance writer. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..