Closure

Closure

A Poem by Sparrow

 

Here's hoping you never have the satisfaction
 
When you told me you needed to find yourself, that night, I kept a mask on. I smiled assurances, thinking of you first...and I screamed inside. All through, I bit my tongue. I bit it and bit it and bit it until the metallic taste had filled my mouth.
 
Not one tear nor roar broke from it's bondage. For you I held them. For your happiness, I held them and I held them and I held them until they coated my throat.
 
And the weeks passed and I could speak and eat again. I laughed and I laughed and I laughed. I drove and I drove and I drove and I threw the mask out the window doing 90.
 
Today, today of all days, Beethoven played. And I finally cried. When have I ever needed that shattered mask more before? I cried and I cried and I cried.

© 2008 Sparrow


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This poem is endearing and heartfelt. I love the honesty in it and the lack of anything spurious. It is a poignant emotion expressed herein. It puts me right there with you watching you grow into something better than you were before. It's like redemption. Characterized well with beautiful repetition. It is a wonderful brush stroke portraying profound poignancy. The beauty in your art makes me lust for the beauty in you.

Posted 16 Years Ago


Music of memories, Beautiful heartfelt write.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

177 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on February 7, 2008
Last Updated on February 12, 2008

Author

Sparrow
Sparrow

Statesville, NC



About
Hey everyone, It's been a long time since I've checked in but it's good to be back reading everyone's very talented writing. more..

Writing
Incoming!! Incoming!!

A Poem by Sparrow



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Infiltrated Infiltrated

A Poem by Sparrow