Arrival

Arrival

A Chapter by Attoliia

It stinks, all of it does. The air, the food, and certainly the wretched people. Surely I could do something far more than serve to what I hate most, the annoying and foolish beings that think so highly of their selves. Such incompetence that these creatures that were less than trash could think they out off all other species that had been created to believe they were an almighty race; I scoff at such ridiculous thought. No matter, I still had a duty to fulfill until it was over, hopefully not long.

I was assigned to live in the down hearty world and serve them, me? At my status serve them?! It made me almost laugh; I would have if it wasn’t so foolish and absurd! I stood at the rather large manor, it was a voluptuous gold white, and the garden was glossy and green and well taken care of. It somewhat brought peace to me, no matter how beastly the monkeys were some did have great taste in nature. I walked to the door and gave a loud knock. There was silence but footsteps almost close to being inaudible and they were quick and seemed swift, the door opened to reveal a tall girl with long dark brown hair, fair white skin and glowing green eyes, she wore a purple and black maid outfit. She smiled with a bow.

“You must be our new Butler, am I right?” she asked I gave a small nod with a grunt; something about her seemed, odd? She wasn’t human and I knew it as much as my eyes wanted to deceive me my smell could tell me more as much as my eyes lied.  She gave another nod “Please follow me.” She said turning away from me and heading to the back I followed and got a glimpse of the house from the inside, as beautiful as it was on the outside. The walls were covered with paintings and a few sculptors were placed here and there. We made it to a door that was at the end of a large hallway she knocked and a deep voice called out “Yes?”

“Master Jeez, our butler has arrived.” There was silence until the door opened she turned to me and gave me a bow and left, I walked inside the room to meet a tall man with tan skin, with black short hair and dark brown eyes, he wore a white dress shirt under a light brown vest that was underneath his dark brown suit. He smiled as he laughed; I stared looking blank and emotionless as if I were a doll. Humans are all the same to me.

“Welcome, I am glad you have taken the job, as you know my brother is gone for a while on vacation and will be back sooner sometime.” I continued to stare, what he was saying meant nothing to me, it was just useless chatter. “So Sir are you ready to be invited to the group?” he asked my stare quickly turned into a small glare as my eyes lowered. Hiding a sigh I nodded which he chuckled to and lead me back to the main room of the manor where I had entered from, he pulled out a small silver bell and ranged it, footsteps clattered around the house as well as the sound of falling down stairs. I looked to my left to see a tan man with black glasses that covered his dark brown eyes, he rubbed his black hair thought he really didn’t have any since it was a buzz faded. He wore an elegant deep scarlet red vest on top of a white dress shirt that was tied with a red and white bowtie with blank pants and dress shoes. I cringed upon looking at him, not out of fear but out of annoyance, he seemed useless, why this man bothered to put up with him I wondered.

Within seconds a group of girls followed they were lined up, as I looked I noticed the same girl as before was there, she seemed calm and ready, I looked further down the line and saw a girl who had pale skin with hazel brown hair that came down to her shoulders, bright green eyes and seemed as if she was about to pass out but she was still calm she wore a white and black maid outfit. Next to her was a girl who was out of it, barely paying attention to what was going on, as if in her own world as she giggled to herself cutely, she had tan skin with brown eyes and short dark brown curly hair, she wore a pink and green maid outfit. The girl next to her who was grabbing her arm tightly she had fair skin with dark brown eyes and matching medium length hair that was pulled into a ponytail. Her maid outfit was a sky blue with white. She winked at me making me feel annoyed and rather uncomfortable.

“Now ladies and Sed.” This Jezz man said to the crowd “We have a new butler, why don’t you introduce yourself sir?” my eyes lowered once again at him, pitiful and annoying humans. Hesitantly I bowed to them.

“Hello everyone, I am LaDeja, and I shall be your new Butler, yes I am female and don’t ask why I decided to take on the part of being a butler rather a maid but to end on a good note, I am glad I will be working with all of you.” I say rising from my bow to stare dully at them all. They bowed back and replied loudly:

“A pleasure, welcome!” Jezz nodded as he rubbed his chin watching us for a few seconds and then clapping loudly stopping us, we all turned to him to see what was next.

“Now, from what I’ve heard you are quite the butler, er LaDeja.” He replied trying to fix up his fault for mistaking me as a man before “So I have decided to make you our second command replacing Sedrick’s rank.” I nodded with a bow “Thank you, Master Jezz It is most appreciated.” He nodded feeling good about himself “Yes, I’ll have the head maid show you the ropes, Savannah please make sure LaDeja knows everything by today” The girl I met before nods and Jezz takes his leave. I stand there and feel stares on me; I turn to see everyone’s eyes on me.

“Let me first introduce you to the team.” She starts with the butler “This is Sedrick but we all call him Sed for short, he does usual housework but never finishes them…” she grumbles “This is Breanna, our maid who usually does cooking and gardening, she’s one of the best.” Breanna blushed lightly asking Savannah to not brag about her so highly. “This is Devoni or Dev for short, she is a bit clumsy so you might want to watch out for her but she is sweet.” The girl Devoni waves sweetly and almost innocently. “And finally we have Kt; she’s a bit…Eccentric shall I say? She too as do all of us do the regular house duties.” The Kt girl gives me and odd feeling and I make note to stay away from her as much as possible. She turns to me “And as Master Jezz said, I am your head maid Savannah and I wish you would be useful and do as you are told.” She says smiling innocently I smile back, a fake smile that seemed true. I was right about her, not normal at all. I was going to find out what she was, even if I need to pull a few strings along the line.

The rest of the day was her showing me how to clean and where everything was, and where I was going to sleep, luckily we all had our own rooms. I would refuse to sleep in any room with that Kt woman. My room was rather large, but it was empty other than the furniture that rested in the room. The walls were bleak, colorless, and empty. It reminded me so of myself. I didn’t carry any belongings with me, not that I would need any. I sat on the soft bed, and soon relaxed by laying down seeing as to how I was going to be working all day for however long I was stuck in this realm. I stared at the wall as the black clock ticked endlessly the only audible sound in the room.

What was in store for me? Hopefully I would be in a normal household, nothing problematic. A quick flashback of that maid named Savannah played in my mind. My eyes lowered in a glare as my mouth tugged into a frown. ‘Ah yes, her….she could be problematic.’ I thought with a low sigh as I shifted, trying to find comfort. My eyelids slowly started to fall and I'm greeted once again by the darkness that I’ve come to know so well.

A dark skinned girl with long black hair braided in a long ponytail stood over a pile of dead bodies, smoke emanated the air. Behind her was a burning building that was slowly collapsing to the ground, a boy with fair skin, curly faux hawk black hair, and grey eyes though tears were pouring down his face, grinded his teeth and began to yell at the girl though nothing was audible. But the girl was silent; she only stared though her eyes showed a tad bit of sadness the boy grabbed her shaking her violently as tears poured almost painfully down his cheeks. A loud knock awakened me from my dream. I turned to the door staring at it wondering what was going on.

“LaDeja, it’s time for your duties, Master Jezz wishes for you to clean the kitchen, help Sedrick and Breanna with the garden, go shopping with Kt, and prepare dinner for an upcoming meeting today.” That maid Savannah called I frowned knowing well that I was going to end up doing much work sooner or later. “Of course, I’ll be out in a moment.” I then heard her footsteps slowly descend away. I sighed and walked into the bathroom that connected to my room. The bathroom as well was dull as the room. I quickly turned the hot water on filling the tub to the top, I undressed out of my black butler suit and grey under vest and pulled my short bob cut hair in a small ponytail and hopped into the bath. Relaxing my muscles I sighed in relief, closing my eyes I thought of that damn dream. ‘S**t, I had that wretched dream again; it’s been years since I’ve had any other dream, its honestly the same dream every single night, the only time I escape from the dream is if I don’t get any sleep at all.’

I hop out the bath and get dressed back into my white dress shirt that’s tied with a long black tie, black butler suit with flaps on the back with black dress shoes and a chain on the left side which connects to my pocket watch. As for my hair, it falls to a styled bob cut with side bangs. I stared at myself in the mirror, the black ring under my eyes made me seem…dead. It didn’t help that I looked emotionless as I could be. “Well, time to work.” I mutter walking out the room and into the kitchen, to be met by Devoni balancing a tall stack of plates and trying to stand on a small stool to open the cabinet in front of her. My eyes lowered as I watched her wobble to side to side.

“Miss Devoni, do you need assistance?” I ask but make her yelp and jump in freight dropping the dishes, in my vision it fell in slow motion, making me run in inhuman speed catching all the dishes with one hand. I turn to Devoni with an emotionless stare “You might want to be more careful next time, Miss Devoni.” She nods and bows “Thank you so much!” she says cutely. I put the dishes away and quickly clean the kitchen from top to bottom, making the room sparkle. I walk outside to the fresh air to meet Breanna and Sed already gardening, though Breanna is screaming at Sed to stop for he is cutting down the wrong flowers.

“S-Sed! P-Please stop! You are cutting the wrong flowers!” she yelled slapping her cheeks on her face as she stared at the dead flowers in gloom. I walk towards Sed and take the clippers from his hand, he turns around and jolts in freight and falls to the ground. “Mr. Sedrick, you are dismissed from this duty please excuse yourself.” I mutter with a glare scaring Breanna and Sed. I then begin to clean the mess he made and tend to the garden in sufficient speed and ease. I finish and look at the clock I had done most of my duties in a matter of 15 minutes. I whip my head to Breanna and Sed who jump out of fear again.

“Do you have any clue as to where Ms. Kt is?” I ask. Sed shakes his head rapidly while Bre nodded “Y-Yes, she’s in the living room.” I nod “Thank you Ms. Breanna, I am truly grateful.” I say with a bow and walk into the living room, to meet Kt humming while dusting furniture. I cough loudly causing her to turn to me, with a flirtatious smirk. “Ms-“I was cut off by her “Please, call me Mr. Kt.” I nod slowly not knowing exactly why she wishes me to but rather not ask for protection. “Are you ready to go shopping Mr. Kt?” she shakes her head “I’d rather not, don’t feel like it.” I glare at her with a frown but walk away, duties call.

I sit on the horse carriage as I led them to the market. ‘Damn humans annoying as hell, though that Kt girl doesn’t seem human….’ After a few minutes I grabbed the groceries and made it back to cook but instead of me cooking by myself I am met by that Savannah girl. She smiles at me but I don’t return it, instead I give her a threatening glare accompanied by a frown. “Ms. Savannah, what are you doing here?” I ask she laughs “Oh, I intend on cooking dinner to give you a break, you’ve done everything perfectly so I thought it would be best.” My glare deepens, was she testing me? Or was she basically telling me that I am not needed.

“No, I can do it.” I mumble “No, I must but you could help.” She says making dough, I glare at her but sigh and begin to help by turning on the oven and washing the vegetables. Time passed and we were still in the process of preparing everything. The silence brought me at peace but still pained me, silence killed my past but silence had grown to be my only true and close friend. “If you don’t mind me asking…” the girl Savannah started causing me to turn my gaze to her. “But, would you mind telling me about yourself, like your past?” she asked I stopped moving, my almost regular permanent frown and glare came back.

“Why do you wish to know?” I ask in a harsh tone, she weakly smiled at me. “I just wanted to get to know you better.” She replied my head slinked to the side as I had a murderous look on my face “I’d rather not tell you of my past, or rather anything of myself.” I said continuing to cook. She nodded slowly and the rest of the time spent cooking was silent, the silence that shattered me and brought me back.

No one will know of me, it won’t matter to them, they aren’t important and I will not become attached to vile humans. They are the cause of what made me; they are the ones at fault. But…so am I.  



© 2014 Attoliia


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

148 Views
Added on January 28, 2014
Last Updated on January 28, 2014
Tags: Black Butler Anime Fantasy Shini


Author

Attoliia
Attoliia

WA



About
Hey~ I do alot of Fic's and I am trying to get my own story out there: The Dragon Trilogy. I would appreciate any feedback on any of the stories (especially "The Elemental") If you could read an.. more..

Writing
Trek: Part One Trek: Part One

A Chapter by Attoliia


Trek: Part Two Trek: Part Two

A Chapter by Attoliia