New Faces- Part 1

New Faces- Part 1

A Chapter by Attoliia

James's POV:

 

I take a step outside the door to the house and take a deep breath.

"What a beautiful morning." I whispered to myself trying to stay quiet for my Mother, Father and little sister were sleeping. Not much has happened in the past ten years, but I have to say that I am grateful for one thing. I am grateful for my little sister Jenna; she acts a lot like father. Even for being 8 and is only 3 feet tall, she is full of spirit and not afraid to show it. When she was born she had soft golden hair and big, beautiful green eyes. As she got older she still stayed at a small height but I always had to keep an eye on her and make sure she wouldn't get hurt, for when she was 3 she wondered off by herself she got attacked by a lone demon. She wasn't all that scared of it but she defiantly wasn't strong enough to defeat it at the time. Luckily Mother was there to save her and now I guard Jenna at all costs. Also since that day Jenna has been learning from Mother on how to use a bow and Jenna is already better than Mother. As if she was a natural at it. Mother and Father gifted Jenna a handmade bow, which I believe they made for her. On mornings like this, Jenna and I usually head out and search the forest for demons getting too close to the village. But I will let her sleep in for a little while. At least I was planning to until I was tackled from behind, falling on my stomach and Jenna sitting on my back.

"Good morning Big Brother." Jenna yelled out, she had her bow slung across her shoulder ready for our outing, I forgot how big the bow is compared to her. She also had her hair up in a messy side ponytail, leaving her side bangs resting against either side of her face and she wore her favorite red, floral kimono. Her dog ears were alert for my response.

"Quiet Jenna, you'll wake Mother and Father." I whispered.

"Trust me we are already awake dear." Mother said while stepping out of the house yawning.

"Good morning Daddy!" Jenna yelled as Father walked out of the house and stood next to Mother.

"Morning Sweetie." Father replied.

"Did you two not get enough sleep last night? You both look you haven't slept in days." They both looked worried, Mother spoke,

"I've just had a bad feeling lately. It's probably nothing though." Father looked angry at Mother and said sternly,

"WE both have had bad feelings lately, we don't know what it is but just make sure you are prepared for anything, it could be a demon getting close to the village or something in that nature." Jenna and I nodded in agreement.

"Well your Father and I won't keep you two from your morning walk, will we Inuyasha?" Mother's voice went from sweet to threatening once she said Father's name. Father winced at her tone change.

"Well I'm worried for Jenna, I don't want her to get hurt and-" Father tried to explain but Mother Interupted him.

"What about James? Aren't you worried about him too?!"

"James is old enough to keep himself in check, he isn't your little baby anymo-"

"My children will always be my little babies."

"Yes dear." Father said with his ears hung low in defeat. Father has never been able to defeat Mother. Not in arguments anyway.

"Big Brother can we go now?" Jenna asked impatiently.

"Yes we can go, we'll be back Mother, and Father I'll protect Jenna with my life." Mother and Father nodded, Mother turned to go inside while Father was complaining that she is babying her children again. I heard Mother yell something and a giant thud followed, then we heard Father yell in pain. Jenna and I laughed as we walked closer to the forest edge, for we knew what happened.

"So what do you think we'll find today Big Brother?"

"Not sure Sis. You wanna find a demon today don't you?"

"You know me too well Big Brother." I chuckle at her response.

"Hey Sis, I got you a present."

"Really?! What kind of present?"

"Something you have been wanting in the market." I pull out the wrapped gift and hand it to her. She jumped in the air and took the gift. She unwrapped it and saw that it was the daggers she has been wanting. Though these daggers have blades at each end and you can connect them to make one large blade or put them on opposite sides and make them look like pinchers. Jenna held the two daggers for a moment and asked,

"Can I practice with them? Like now?"

"Of course, do you need me to go over how to use them?"

"No, no. I know how to use them."

"How do yo-" I stopped in mid-sentence as Jenna used a large tree as her opponent. She moved like lightning. Every stab she threw hit the tree and she had carved out the words 'Thank You' in seconds, she ran up the tree trunk and sliced branches off. She jumped from falling tree branch to falling tree branch with ease. She landed in front of me as the five large branches crashed down behind her. She was very quiet as her ears twitched, she then turned half way towards the tree and she threw one of the daggers and pinned a dragonfly to the trunk. She turned back to me with a smile,

"Happy Big Brother, I told you I know how to use them." She giggled.

"H-how did you learn to do that?"

"I have been teaching myself, though I was using sharp stones."

"Mother and Father would be very impressed Sis. You are becoming very strong, and unpredictable." I said with a laugh.

"Strong yes. Unpredictable: most likely." Jenna replied as she walked over to grab her thrown dagger. "You know Big Brother you look like a samurai with that outfit of yours. Though your ears give you away."

"Ha, I don't have samurai armor now do I Sis?"

"No I guess not, but you still have the clothing that they wear. Plus you look scarier than a samurai."

"Oh really?"

"Very much so. Samurai carry their swords at their hip, you have your sword on your back, plus your sword blade is much larger than a silly samurai's. Didn't Mommy and Daddy make you your sword like they made my bow?"

"Yeah they did, Mother did the design for the handle and Father made the blade. The blade looks a bit like Father's blade but it’s still different. I'm not sure how Mother came up with the design of the handle. It doesn't look like anything from this world. Do you thin-"

"Big Brother I'm sorry to interrupt your rambling but do you hear that?" Jenna asked as she got her bow out and set an arrow up ready to fire, I forgot how pretty her bow was. Mother and Father made it with dark oak wood that curved and near the middle on each side of the wooden grip, was gold plating that had little carvings engraved in it. I fell silent and listened to the area around us. Jenna's ear twitched as did mine and we both turned to our left and saw the head of a spider looking out from an area of collapsed trees. The spider crawled out farther of its hiding place and I saw that it was a red widow demon. It was huge, a good 4 feet in height. Jenna was aiming the arrow at the spider's head.

"Going to attack me so soon?" The spider asked as I pulled out my sword and aimed it at the spider.

"Yes we are, I hate over grown spiders and you will be of no exception!" Jenna yelled.

"What a little spit-fire you are. You look to be about 3 years of age yet you act older." The spider replied. Jenna let go of her arrow in anger, her height is a sensitive topic for her, for she wished she was taller. Mother and Father say that her height makes her cuter and can hide her power so that people don't know what to expect. The arrow hit the spider right on the head and split its whole body into halves.

"You aren't done with me yet." The spider said in an angry tone. "How dare you attack me you brat!" The spider yelled as baby spiders crawled to the red widow and were using their bodies to rebuild the red widow's. I started to swing at the spider and cut more pieces off, Jenna was shooting arrows to try and help me out, but the red widow was healing too quickly, and I was blocking most of the spider so Jenna couldn't shoot too many arrows or they would have hit me. The red widow kicked me back with one of her legs and went after Jenna. I got up quickly and was able to get in front of Jenna in time to hold back the red widow's attack; she planned to bite Jenna but was biting my sword instead.

"Taste steel, bug!" I yelled as I sliced the red widow's mouth open and cut through the rest of the head. The red widow backed off, as I turned to see if Jenna was alright. "You ok Sis?"

"Big Brother look out!" Jenna yelled as the red widow bit down on my shoulder. I yelled in pain but punched the red widow's head to get her off me. "Big Brother you are such an idiot you never turn your back on an enemy!" Jenna said through tears.

"I needed to make sure you were ok Sis." I said kneeling to the ground from pain; I could feel the poison spreading through my body.

"Big Brother stop moving so much, the more you move the faster the poison will spread."

"I'm glad you listen to Mother's teachings on poisons." Jenna glared at me for trying to be funny at this moment in time. "Jenna you need to find the red widow's nest and destroy it. If we kill off her babies then she won't be able heal" Jenna nodded but was afraid to leave my side.

"I'm going to kill you one way or another spider! No one hurts my Big Brother!" Jenna yelled as she stepped in front of me to guard me.

"Jenna you need to go kill her nest no-"

"No Big Brother. If I leave you, you'll get attacked, then she'll come after me, plus we don't know where her nest is." Jenna sounded very angry.

"Guess we are kind of stuck huh?"

"And if you wouldn't have turned your back we wouldn't have this problem Big Brother. Even though I am highly upset with you I'll still protect you to the end."

"You make it sound like the end is near; you need to be more positive Sis." I look up and see Sháka and Shki riding Zuko.

"You need to follow your lessons more... Who are they Big Brother?"

"That is our rescue team, hopefully they see us, and they are our cousins."

"You sure Big Brother?"

"Trust me they are not here to harm us... Hopefully" I said with a chuckle.

"I wish I had the power to make your face hit the floor like what Mommy can do to Daddy, because I would love to do that to you right now!" Jenna yelled to me as Sháka and Shki landed near us and Shki said with pride,

"I heard a call for help from my weak little cousin James."

"I can see you haven't changed much Shki."

"I could say the same James."



© 2014 Attoliia


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

234 Views
Added on January 28, 2014
Last Updated on January 28, 2014
Tags: InuYasha Anime Demons Swords Pri


Author

Attoliia
Attoliia

WA



About
Hey~ I do alot of Fic's and I am trying to get my own story out there: The Dragon Trilogy. I would appreciate any feedback on any of the stories (especially "The Elemental") If you could read an.. more..

Writing
Trek: Part One Trek: Part One

A Chapter by Attoliia


Trek: Part Two Trek: Part Two

A Chapter by Attoliia