The scar I hide

The scar I hide

A Chapter by Alexandra

The Scar I Hide

Chapter 1: My Story

11:00 am, the cafeteria is full and she is yelling.  That is all I can hear and then it goes black.

I wake up to a piercing pain in my side. My abdomen feels sticky with blood.  All I hear is the beeping of machines, screaming of mothers, and crying from the chair in the corner. Where am I?  I slowly remember. She stabbed me.

The crying continues, so I try to turn over to look. I am held down by my bandage.

“Kath?” It’s Flynn, my twin brother.  He was sitting next to me at lunch. I moan because the pain is getting worse. He walks over and kisses me. “You’ve been in a coma for three weeks.” Three weeks! I missed the volleyball finals.

The nurse comes rushing in with the doctor. “Now, young man, who are you?”

“I am Kathryn's…,” Flynn slowly stops talking.

“Boyfriend?” the doctor inquires. We don’t look alike, but more on that later.

“No, I am her brother,” Flynn states roughly.

“I need you to leave,” the doctor says in a gruff voice.

Flynn argues that because our parents died when I was ten, and he is my only living relative, he should be allowed to stay. Flynn wins the argument, but the doctor is extremely hesitant.  

That day I got to go home, though I had to stay home for the next two weeks.  Flynn brought me my homework. We stayed with Flynn’s girlfriend as he could not take care of me and do homework and chores.

After I went back to school, I found out that Hailey (the girl that stabbed me) had been sent to JV Court. She had denied stabbing me, even with 400 witnesses.

“I now hide the scar from everyone, even you.”

“But Kath, I thought you trusted me,” whispers David.

“I do, but I can’t show you. Not yet. You know that.”









© 2019 Alexandra


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

This has a lot of potential to be something! I would be excited to read more. It's different, and presented well, and makes the reader want to know more about the characters and their lives.
Are there plans for a next chapter?

Posted 4 Years Ago


This is intriguing and makes me want to find out more about the twins and their relationship, brought together as orphans... closely dependent... I hope there will be more.

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Alexandra

4 Years Ago

I hope there will be more too. Let me know if you have any suggestions!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

72 Views
2 Reviews
Added on March 4, 2019
Last Updated on March 4, 2019