Chapter 1: Caught Red Handed

Chapter 1: Caught Red Handed

A Chapter by Serenity
"

Izuku Midoriya finds out that his girlfriend has been cheating on him with his best friend.

"

It was a normal day for the students of Class 1-A, it's been a couple of weeks since they all moved into the dorms on campus of UA High School. This had to happen because while on a summer camp trip the class encountered the League of Villains, and they kidnapped Katsuki Bakugo. Due to that happening Nezu, the principal of the school decided that for his student's safety he was going to have dorms created so that they could keep the students together by class and make sure that they are safe and all in one place.

During this time Izuku Midoriya, a boy with a love for heroes, was confronted by one of his classmates. Her name was Mina Ashido, she confessed that she has always had a crush on him and wanted to try having a relationship with him. He was shocked since this has never happened to a boy like him before. But she was willing to help him get used to being in a relationship. He agreed and they started dating, everyone was happy for them and supported them. Of course, they were always reminded by Tenya Iida the class representative to not neglect their hero training even though they were dating.

The two understood and everything was going fine for them, but that was only for the first month of their relationship. Izuku started seeing that Mina would always put off date night for an 'emergency' that came up. Izuku being well Izuku, he let her go and take care of whatever she needed to take care of. Another thing he noticed was that he and Mina never kissed during their relationship, he thought that maybe she wasn't used to being in a relationship like he was so he put a thought into his head that they would kiss eventually. But yet, never did...not much to worry about, right? Wrong. Mina also rarely holds his hand or tells him that she loves him. Weird right?

Well now it's about 7:15 in the morning and the students within the Class 1-A dorms were getting ready for the day. Most of the class were already downstairs and having breakfast, well everyone but Izuku Midoriya.

Izuku looked in the mirror that hung on the wall in the bathroom of his dorm room. He took a deep breath as he picked up the comb that lay on the counter, then he ran the comb through his thick forest green hair. After combing his hair, he placed the comb back down onto the counter. Then the boy looked back into the mirror and smiled, it was another day of training and learning how to be a good hero. Oh, how he looks forward to everyday where he can go to school and get one step closer to achieving his dream of being a hero just like his idol and mentor: All Might.

Izuku sighed before leaving the bathroom, he then grabbed his yellow backpack and left his room. He made his way down the hallway and towards the elevator so that he could head downstairs and join his friends int he common area. As Izuku walked a familiar pink haired girl came into the hallway from her room, he saw her and smiled.

"Hey, Mina!" He called over to her as he waved, Mina turned to the sound of her name. When she saw the source of the voice who called out to her, she smiled and waved back. "Hey Izu," She said, "Are you free after school today?" He asked,

Mina sighed; he always asked this question. But not every day, at least once a week though. She knew what he wanted, he wanted to take her out on a date. She had to come up with an excuse and fast. She couldn't tell him that she had been cheating on him behind his back with a boy that Izuku considered to be one of his best friends.

"Sorry Izu, but I'm very busy this week. I have some things that need to be taken care of. I hope you can understand." She said sounding like she was upset that she couldn't go out on the date with Izuku. He showed her his signature grin and showed a look of understanding. "It's alright Mina, we'll see about next week then or the week after. Just tell me when and where, then I'll take you there. Anywhere you want to go, I'll make sure you get to see whatever it is you want to see." Izuku said happily, Mina nodded, "Well, I'll see you downstairs Mina!"

Then Izuku hugged Mina, before going back in the direction of the elevator so that he could head downstairs to see the rest of his classmates. Mina sighed, she didn’t even know why she asked Izuku out int he first place, then it hit her. She and the rest of the Bakusquad came up with a plan to show the rest of the class that Izuku is just an innocent cinnamon roll who will never really understand what is going on around him. Mina knows that there is more to this plan that Bakugo didn't tell the squad or the rest of the class. But soon they will find out what it is,

Mina smirked before going in the direction of her real boyfriend's dorm room, 'Midoriya doesn't know what will hit him very soon. But for now, to see my Kiri,' Mina thought before she knocked on the door and was scooped up into the arms of one of the manliest men in their entire class, Eijiro Kirishima. The two shared a loving kiss as Kirishima pulled Mina into his room and closing his door behind them.

When Izuku got downstairs he saw the rest of his classmates waiting for him. He smiled at them, "Good Morning guys," Izuku said as he went into the kitchen to get some food, "Morning Midoriya, are you ready for class?" Iida asked, "Yeah sure am, I can't wait to see what we will be doing today. I know that he may stay in his sleeping bag most of the time, but I really like Mr. Aizawa, I wouldn't want anyone else to be my homeroom teacher." Iida nodded at his friend's statement, "I 100% agree with you on that one Midoriya, now get some breakfast you're going to need the strength if you want to be at your best during training."

Izuku nodded and went into the cupboard to get some cereal, as he was making breakfast a thought kept entering his mind. He didn't know why Mina was so against going on dates with him. It worried him, maybe he was a bad boyfriend, and she didn't want to be around him. But that can't be right, Izuku did everything he was supposed to do so maybe it was Mina who wasn't doing what she should have been doing the entire time during their relationship.

He couldn't let this get in the way of being on his A game for class and training. Izuku finished making his bowl of Honey Nut Cheerios and went into the dining room so that he could eat his breakfast.

As he was eating Izuku realized that Mina didn't come downstairs after he did even when he ran into her in the hallway. He needed to ask someone if they saw Mina at all while he was making breakfast. The green-haired boy looked around the room and saw Momo, he knew that she was one of Mina's best friends so he would ask her if she saw Mina. "Hey, Yaoyorozu, can I ask you something?" He asked,

"Of course, Midoriya, what's up?" Momo asked as she turned to face him. "Have you seen Mina? I ran into her in the hallway upstairs as I was coming down here, did she come down sometime while I was making my cereal?" Momo thought for a moment then she realized that Mina never came downstairs after Izuku did.

"No, sorry Midoriya, I didn't see her. Maybe she had to do something else for the time being. Don't worry she will come downstairs before we head to class." She answered, Izuku nodded and went back to his cheerios.

As Izuku finished his breakfast the elevator opened, and Kirishima walked out. "Good morning my bros!" He said happily, Kaminari turned to the redhead and smiled. "Morning Bro, what took you so long?" He asked, "Well I was getting my morning warmup in, you know when I punch my punching bag as a warmup for training." Kirishima replied while scratching at the back of his neck.

Everyone understands not knowing that he actually was with Mina and was the person that she was cheating on Izuku with. He went to get some breakfast so that he could be at his best for training.

Not 3 minutes later the elevator opened again, and Mina walked out, Momo saw her and smiled. "There you are Mina, Midoriya was asking where you were. What took you so long?" She asked, Mina chuckled nervously. "I had to tidy up my room a little. I had clothes on the floor that needed to be washed that I didn't do last week." She stated, "It's ok Mina, I will be putting a load of clothes into the washing machine when we get back from school after Kaminari switches his clothes from the washing machine to the dryer. Then when my load is done, you can put yours into the washing machine ok?" Said Tsuyu, Mina smiled and nodded.

"Thanks Tsu," Mina replied, and she knew that they bought her lie. She didn't really have clothes that needed to be washed, she just needed to stop the questions. She knew that Kirishima did something similar when he came downstairs before her. Then she went to make her breakfast without even going over and seeing Izuku.

The fact that she didn't acknowledge him made Izuku very suspicious of what she really did that morning. 'Did she really clean her room?' He thought, but pushed the thought back and went to put his bowl into the sink.

After everyone had breakfast, the class grabbed their bags and left the dorms so that they could get to school on time. Making it to class on time was something that Class 1-A is really good at.

Everyone was seated right as their teacher; Shota Aizawa walked into the room. He was proud of his students for being on time; once the bell rang, he began the lesson. 

Classes went on like normal, but Izuku couldn't help but look over at Mina, she was always looking at her phone whenever a teacher wasn't looking at her. He could also see something familiar happening with his buddy Kirishima, but he always put it off as the two of them were either checking social media or they were texting their families.

Lunch came and everyone was tired from all of the learning that they did, but they knew that when they were done with lunch, they would have hero training and that got everyone pipped up. Class 1-A entered the lunchroom and went to get their lunches from Lunch Rush before heading to their table where everyone gathered to chat about what they could be doing for hero training or what they would be doing after class.

Izuku took his seat next to Iida as he waited for the rest of their friends to join them at the table. Everything was normal, the class talked and would scold Bakugo every time he would say something insulting or call someone an extra. But boy was something about to happen that would break Izuku’s innocent heart.

Mina snuck a glance at Kirishima before he nodded at her then she looked to the class. “Sorry guys, I need to use the bathroom. I’ll be right back,” She said as she stood up and went to leave the room. “Ok Mina,” Answered Jiro, another one of Mina’s closest friends. Mina nodded and left the room then 3 minutes after Mina left Kirishima stood up, “I need to use the bathroom as well.” He said and left the room, “That was weird,” Izuku said to himself, “Don’t think much of it Midoriya,” Said Tsuyu, who happened to have heard what he said.

He looked at her and smiled, “I hope your right Tsu,” then Izuku remembered something. “That’s right! I was supposed to go and ask All Might something during our lunch break, sorry everyone but I need to go and talk to All Might real quick.” Izuku said as he stood up and grabbed his tray. “It’s alright Midoriya, we understand. Go and do what you need to we will see you for hero training if your conversation with All Might takes up until then.” Iida said smiling at his friend, Izuku smiled back before leaving the lunch room.

He walked towards All Might’s office when he heard voices coming from a nearby hallway, he didn’t want to overhear the conversation, but he heard the voices of his girlfriend and best friend coming from that particular hallway. Izuku walked over and leaned up against the wall, pulled out his phone and recorded their voices as he listened to it himself. “Did anyone follow you?” Asked Kirishima, “No, how about you?” Mina responded, “Nope no one followed me, not even Midobro followed. It’s just you and me Mina,”

“Good we don’t want him to know about us,” Mina stated making Izuku very confused, ‘What does she mean?’ Izuku thought worriedly, ‘What the hell is going on here?’ He asked himself, then he went back to listening to their conversation.

“When will you end this fake relationship that you have with Midobro?” Kirishima asked, Mina giggled. “Soon Kiri, very soon. Midoriya won’t know what will hit him when he finds out, he’s so innocent that he doesn’t really see why I don’t go out with him.” Izuku couldn’t believe what he was hearing, his relationship with Mina was fake this entire time. He also couldn’t believe that she was cheating on him with one of his best friends. Then, he saw something that broke him greatly. Izuku saw Mina lean in and kiss Kirishima, he of course kissed her back and it looked to be a very passionate kiss that the two were sharing. Izuku felt his heart break and he felt the tears falling down his face, ‘How could you Mina, I thought you liked me but instead you where using me and cheating on me with my best friend.’ Izuku thought, but what Mina and Kirishima didn’t know is that Izuku recorded their entire conversation. He put his phone away before heading back to the lunchroom with his tears blurring his vision, when he got back to the table Iida noticed the tears falling down Izuku’s cheeks.


“Midoriya,” He said in worry as he stood up with Tsuyu and Todoroki following soon after, “What happened?” But the green-haired boy didn’t answer him, he just kept crying. Iida, Tsuyu and Todoroki walk over to Izuku and hug him. “Hey, hey, it’s ok Midoriya, we are here for you. Do you want to talk about what happened?” Todoroki asked, Izuku nodded. “But not here,” His friends nodded and walked with him to a quiet place where he could tell them what happened without him breaking down in front of the class.


“What happened?” Iida asked, Izuku said nothing instead he pulled out his phone and played the recording of Mina and Kirishima’s earlier conversation. After the conversation ended Izuku’s friends were ticked off at what they heard. “Hey, it’s going to be alright. We are here for you, but you should end things with Mina.” Tsuyu said then she ribbited after her sentence. Izuku nodded and he saw Mina walking back towards the lunchroom. The green-haired boy decided to get this over with so that he didn’t have to suffer anymore from her fake relationship with him.


He walked right up to her and looked her right in the eye, “Mina,” He said his voice cracking, she turned to him and gave him a look. “What?” She answered annoyed, “We are done.” He said feeling a weight coming off of his shoulders, “I know that you have been cheating on me behind my back with Kirishima; someone I considered to be a close friend. Before you ask, yes, I overheard your conversation with him. I’m done being your fake boyfriend, this is making me uneasy. So just leave me alone and tell everyone that we are done.” Izuku said as he turned around and went back towards his friends. Mina smirked happy that this relationship is over with. But before that Izuku said something else,


“Also, I’m not that dumb, I may be an innocent person, but I know when something is wrong with the people I’m around. You thought that me being innocent meant that I was stupid and naive. But news flash Ashido, I’m not that crazy like you’re thinking I am so please say what you want but I will know the truth. Goodbye,” Izuku then left and crashed into the arms of Iida, and he cried his eyes out, the blue haired boy held his friend as the green haired boy cried over his broken heart.


Mina left and went back to the class like nothing ever happened, Aizawa saw this happen and he walked over to the Deku Squad. “Iida, take problem child back to the dorms. You can stay with him, both of you are excused from training for today. He needs to calm down his mind.” Iida nodded before he helped his friend stand up and he led the boy back to the dorms.


Once there Iida took Izuku to his room and laid the boy down on his All Might themed bed. There Izuku fell asleep, Iida left the room and went to his room which was next door to Izuku’s room, and he waited in there for his friend to wake up. But he couldn’t comprehend why Mina did what she did to Izuku. ‘Don’t you worry Midoriya, we are all here for you. Nothing can hurt you anymore, we won’t let it.’ Iida thought but boy would he be wrong about that thought on so many levels.



© 2023 Serenity


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

13 Views
Added on March 23, 2023
Last Updated on March 26, 2023
Tags: break up, Kirimina, cheating, broken heart, lonely Izuku, comfort of friends