Dear Blockers

Dear Blockers

A Poem by Sally Hope
"

This is to you. Enjoy.

"

 









DEAR BLOCKERS

VERSE 1:

You left a comment that made no sense.

I looked at it, trying to make head or tail.

I failed of course, ‘cause you weren’t trying to make meaning:

You were just having a bad case of blue devils.

 

A high-maintenance kid with a troubling past;

I don’t think you know how to make friendships last.

You’ve blurred the line between reality and fiction.

Don’t you see that the flaw in you is clear as crystal?

 

BRIDGE:

 

But here’s the thing: The world doesn’t revolve around you.

The faster you learn that, the better you’ll do.

 

CHORUS:

 

‘Cause the blockheads gonna block.

And the shockers gonna shock.

I don’t need you to tell me to back off.

You’re as predictable

As a mediocre, overrated fable.

But you don’t need me to tell you that, of course. (Ha, ha!)

 

 

VERSE 2:

 

You’re quite a lovable human, loyal and kind.

Just like a sugar-coated version of a heinous crime.

Your head’s too hot, and your words too loud;

Undermining others - does that make you feel proud?

 

A soccer-lover - you should learn a lesson from them:

Fix your goal before you play offense.

You fall too hard and you hurt too fast.

If you live like that, how long will you last?

 

BRIDGE:

 

But here’s the thing: You can’t live your life off pretense.

Stop mistaking “paramount indolence” for “deliberate ignorance”.

 

CHORUS:

 

‘Cause the blockheads gonna block.

And the shockers gonna shock.

I don’t need you to tell me to back off.

You’re as predictable

As a mediocre, overrated fable.

But you don’t need me to tell you that, of course. (Ha, ha!)

 

‘Cause the players gonna play

Their mind-numbing games.

You’re just one of them - I’ve figured that out.

You’re a sensitive little kid

With dreams too big.

I hope you know now what this is all about. (Ha, ha!)

 

 

HOOK:

 

But I don’t blame you one bit, you know.

After all, you have fallen down that rabbit-hole

Where the only ones are you and the ghosts from your past.

 

I know why you do the things you do:

Being different is not as easy as it looks.

But I’m sure one day you’ll find a road better than your chosen path.

 

But here’s the thing: Some things are damaged beyond repair.

I’ve accepted that, so put you in a box labeled “Farewell!” (Ha, ha!)

 

 

CHORUS:

 

‘Cause the blockheads gonna block.

And the shockers gonna shock.

I don’t need you to tell me to back off.

You’re as predictable

As a mediocre, overrated fable.

But you don’t need me to tell you that, of course. (Ha, ha!)

 

‘Cause the players gonna play

Their mind-numbing games.

You’re just one of them - I’ve figured that out.

You’re a sensitive little kid

With dreams too big.

I hope you know now what this is all about. (Ha, ha!)

 

And if you think there’s nothing worse than losing a friend,

Wait till you lose somebody’s respect.

 

 

 

© 2016 Sally Hope


Author's Note

Sally Hope
So a month back, I got my first blocker (Yay, me!). Don't worry, I'm not gonna name names *Wink*. It was a baselessly irrational and illogical misconception that I never got to clear. So I decided to remain dumb about it since I've always believed silence to be the greatest slap-in-the-face. However, the other day I was listening to Taylor Swift's "Shake It Off" and I decided to take a stand 'cause obnoxious people only get out of hand if not put in place. There're two sides to every story, you see. And this song is my side - the right side. This is not just about me, anymore. It's about everyone who's ever been judged by someone who doesn't know them.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Interesting and impressive Author's Note...with which I happen to agree. I've always been under the impression that to review a poem means to comment on the structure and quality of the write...with little to no personal affronts. That's not what we write for now is it? Love your work Sally.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sally Hope

8 Years Ago

Thank you so much for taking the time to read this, Sharon. I've kind of become a sporadic creature .. read more


Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Reviews

Good work, clearly full of passion and well constructed. I agree that people can be awful in the way they speak to and treat others and this writing clearly demonstrates your stand against that. Keep it up :D X

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sally Hope

8 Years Ago

Thank you so much for the review, BlaqkShadow. I agree with your experience of unjustified mistreatm.. read more
Interesting and impressive Author's Note...with which I happen to agree. I've always been under the impression that to review a poem means to comment on the structure and quality of the write...with little to no personal affronts. That's not what we write for now is it? Love your work Sally.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sally Hope

8 Years Ago

Thank you so much for taking the time to read this, Sharon. I've kind of become a sporadic creature .. read more
A nice write Just remember though I was blocked but it was an accident and the poet wondered why the poet wasn't getting my read requests!

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sally Hope

8 Years Ago

:) I wish mine were an accident, but it was not, as I was left a very confusing and disturbing comme.. read more
sometimes I think these people that you speak of live and breathe on the attention you warrant them - so I don't give them attention.

Then I think, they themselves must be in a pretty bad place/state of mind to act in such a way - I always make it a point of observing beyond face (or word) value. I have grown up in a lovely way, I have no complaints and have always been surrounded by love. I also understand that I am one of the lucky ones and not everybody is so lucky.

We must remind each other to love - it is the perfect investment because if given out for the right reasons it will always come back tenfold.

Much Love to you X

I'm sorry but I think words such as yours only add fuel to the fire when we should be practicing compassion - especially for those that are lacking .

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 2 people found this review constructive.

KWP

8 Years Ago

And for that reason alone we never move forward as a race :) forgiveness is for the strong, vengeanc.. read more
Sally Hope

8 Years Ago

I hope I do. IF there's any truth in it. Thank you, KWP.
KWP

8 Years Ago

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
A lovely write with lots of truth. But in the judgement and I am sure you have been sure the offender was really in control of his words.

I see hackers take over another's site and post some ugly stuff to others. You also have the ones that take a very similar name and attack in someone else's name. The final troll, you that are, know that's your name, just open an account to abuse, bully and generally be rude and disrespectful until their plug is pulled. Well done. Peace Out.

Good luck and just remember that trolls have a sad life with no one who loves them.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sally Hope

8 Years Ago

Thank you so much for taking the time to read this, Willard! It really means a lot. And as for hacke.. read more
Willard Wells

8 Years Ago

I never respond and if a completely disrespectful or obscene post, I send a private msg to admin and.. read more
I think many of us have been blocked by some body. Just take it on the chin and go on. You may find someone you would like to block one day. Not all people are kind. Valentine

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sally Hope

8 Years Ago

Thank you for the advice, Valentine. And also for the review. It means a lot that you took the time .. read more
Well, it's well written...
However, I don't typically review lyrics or lyrical poetry as I don't have a background in the genre and doubt I could do a proper review justice.

On a more personal note:
While I think the concept is really petty, I go there myself all the time. When when I get positive criticisms I even freak out a bit. It's a natural response and learning to except rejection is part of being a writer. Literary art is hugely subjective, so I like to apply this maxim when I get rejections. "Get used to dealing with rejection now, because you're going to encounter it again later."

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sally Hope

8 Years Ago

Thank you for your words and your time, WorryWrite. As you said, you don't usually review lyrics or .. read more
Outdated Account

8 Years Ago

We all need someone to read the words we write on our hearts, it's not a problem at all.
Expressing anger is healthy. Just don't let it remain. Nice write.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sally Hope

8 Years Ago

Thanks for the review and the advice. I appreciate it.
We simply know each other as poets, that's it! It takes time to get to know someone, but most people are quicker to judge first, and that's a shame!

I love that song...great anthem, great attitude!



Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sally Hope

8 Years Ago

Exactly! You might block someone - that's your choice - but you shouldn't judge them. You're not ent.. read more
This is really good :)

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sally Hope

8 Years Ago

Thanks for the really good review, too :)

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

878 Views
15 Reviews
Added on January 12, 2016
Last Updated on January 13, 2016
Tags: friendships, fake people, poetry, poem

Author

Sally Hope
Sally Hope

The City of Joy



About
"I have come to seek a Great Perhaps." PS: I'm catching up on my read-requests. Please consider my paramount indolence. more..

Writing